ALL >> Health >> View Article
Foods And Herbs That Improve Blood Circulation In The Legs
Total Articles: 4
Your legs are suffering from poor blood circulation if you notice a change in skin color in the affected area. It can be reddish or bluish. If you have varicose veins, you will observe that the protruding veins are colored blue or dark purple. Similarly, the temperature in your legs may also be low as compared to the other body parts. You may feel tingling sensation, numbness and cramps in the troubled region. Your injury may also take time to heal. You may not be aware but there are some foods and herbs that improve blood circulation in the legs. Here are some of them:
Garlic makes the arteries and veins free from accumulation of plaque that will definitely impede flow of blood. It also prevents platelets from clumping together. You will be more rewarded by garlic if you will consume it fresh. Otherwise, you may roast or sauté it and add it to your foods. What about sprinkling your rice or sautéed vegetables with roasted garlic?
Red or hot pepper gets the blood pumping quicker than any other foods. Not everyone is able to eat it fresh so you should think about ways to start off easy. For instance, mix a 1/16th of a teaspoon into your one cup of fruit juice.
Gingko biloba makes blood vessels stronger. It is also anti-inflammatory. This herb is used in Germany to specifically cure varicose veins.
Included in this list of foods and herbs that improve blood circulation in the legs is Hawthorn berry, which is full of antioxidants. It is necessary that you inform your doctor before consuming Hawthorn berry extract if you are taking any medication as this may result to bad reaction.
Lemon, Orange and Grapefruit
The citrate content of lemon, orange and grapefruit helps to naturally increase the flow of blood in the body. Soon as you wake up, squeeze fresh juice of any of these fruits into the water to obtain benefits first thing in the morning.
Salmon and other foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
Salmon, sardines and others that are loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids prevent blood clot and reduce the amount of lipids flowing in the veins. They also minimize the accumulation of platelet that helps avoid excessive blood clotting. Omega-3 fatty acids impede stiffening of the arteries through the reduction of the production of the endothelial cells.
This herb fuels both the nervous and circulatory systems.
Ginger is very efficient when it comes to the treatment of poor blood circulation.
Visiting your healthcare professional is very important prior to taking any medicine or herb (including the ones mentioned above). This is especially if you are already under treatment and you are taking specific medications. Your physician should keep track of your health progress. He should be able to inform you if the foods and herbs you are consuming are working for you or if you will have to undergo series of tests to improve the flow of blood in your legs.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel