ALL >> Education >> View Article
Tip For Writers - Getting Through A Critique In One Piece
Total Articles: 35
Writing a critique of a passage requires much more attention and skill than just reading it and understanding it. A critique involves questioning the writer of the passage and the content matter of the passage to find out what was running through the writer's head as he wrote the passage. A critique has to be a careful assessment of what the strengths and weaknesses of the passage are and how crisply the essence of the passage comes across to the readers.
There are two sides to a critique- the person who writes them and the person at whom the critique is leveled. The two sides are the critic and the writer of the text the person is critiquing. As a critic, it is important for the person to look into the author's life, his/her point of views, social background, political opinion, etc. before writing the critique, for it will provide the people with some form of background or justification of the text. As the writer who is being critiqued, it is important for one to realize that they have to take this seriously, but at the same time, not take it to heart. Some of the most popular works of the years gone by were considered bad by critics, but that changed over a period of time!
The critic probably thinks of all these things before writing anything about your work. There are a lot of different things that a critic can reveal about your own writing and the way you project yourself through your writing. A critique would mention the things the author expects his target audience to know and any prejudices or biases he may have. The critic might focus on one particular aspect of your writing or the entire work, depending on their audience. If your critic is a feminist, he or she would interpret your text from the viewpoint of a feminist. Of course, as a writer, it is your responsibility to be answerable to society, so you should have some form of a reply or an argument which you can use against the critic's saying. You do not have to please all your critics, but you do need to accept what they have to say. That is how a gracious writer would respond to criticism. After all, nobody likes a writer who is too proud of his/her work!
It is the critic's job to provide their opinion and thoughts about what they have read. You should read all the critiques written about your work (ones that provide some in-depth analysis of what you have written, what is right and wrong), because it will provide you with information about what your target audience thinks. If you believe that the critique has some worth to it, and that you will be able to take the advice of the same without compromising your integrity, then do so. If you think that the critique expects your work to be something completely unrelated to your genre or your mode of writing, then there is no point pursuing it further!
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away