ALL >> Education >> View Article
Article Writing Tips - How To Write An Engaging Article
Total Articles: 40
Articles are typically written for newspapers, magazines and journals. They are for the large public so their main task is to draw the reader's attention. Whether they describe an event, a person or an opinion, articles are informative. This means they give information, suggestions and advice. They aren't about yourself. In this article you'll find 5 most important steps to write a concise article. No matter if you're a beginner or a professional, these 5 steps apply to everyone.
1. The 3 W's. Before you start writing your article you need to keep in mind the 3 W's. The first thing is Where - do you publish the article. Is it in a newspaper or in a magazine? Then, Who - is going to read it? You need to know your audience. And the last W is What - is the purpose of your article. Do you want to tell people about a recent event? Do you want to compare two gadgets?
2. Title. The most important thing about a title is to be eye-catching. This is the moment your reader decides whether to keep reading your article or abandon it. Give your readers the most useful, entertaining information at the top of the article. For example, if you write an article about a place you should introduce adjectives. This makes the place more interesting and the reader will most likely want to know more about it. Let's say " The extraordinary road to Memphis". The first question is "Why is this road so extraordinary?". Whereas, if you talk about a person a verb is better. Pick " Madonna speaks up" in favor of "Madonna's speech about women".
3. Introduction. You have the topic, which is clearly stated in the title, and now the first paragraph is the introduction. This paragraph is only 2-3 sentences long and defines the topic. No details, just a hint of the main points.
4. Body. The body of the article is 2-4 paragraphs long and gives more details about the topic. This is the part where the 5 W's (and the How) need to be pointed out. So, if you write an article about "The extraordinary road to Memphis", the Who - is the road, the Where - is Memphis, When - let's assume it's summertime, so When - during summer, What happened - the road to Memphis became extraordinary, Why - because there was B. B. King's face painted on the road (The Road To Memphis is also a documentary directed by Richard Pearce ND which follows the career of Blues musician B.B. King) and How did the road become extraordinary - thanks to students who painted B. B. King's face on the road.
5. Conclusion. The conclusion has to summarize the topic, or if you compare two gadgets give a last opinion. Remember to back up your choice with real reasons.
Tip: Double or even triple check your article for grammar and spelling mistakes!
Education Articles1. Preparation For Study Abroad Programs
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
2. Spark And Scala Training In Hyderabad
3. Tips To Finish Ailet In Time
Author: vikas choudhary
4. Why Would You Opt For Diploma Courses After Graduation?
Author: Kunal Iyar
5. Web Development Tutorials For Beginners
Author: • A Real Time Software Training Institute 100% Gu
6. How Would You Choose The Best Institute For Executive Mba In India?
Author: Bhargav Himnshu
7. Understand All The Concepts Of Statistical Analysis System
8. Life Is Best In The Engineering Colleges
Author: ponting brown
9. Photography Courses In Delhi
10. Introduction Of Jqueryui
Author: Learn web designing course in Bangalore.Infocampus
11. To Beat A Hacker, You Need To Think Like A Hacker
12. How To Choose A Quality Gmat Prep Course Online?
Author: Dhiraj Goverdhanam
13. Taking Autism Care Services For Autistic Individuals Are Very Important!
Author: The Lizard Centre
14. Online Learning - An Easy Way To Become An Oracle Certified Professional
Author: Atul Kumar
15. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur