ALL >> Education >> View Article
Article Writing Tips - How To Write An Engaging Article
Total Articles: 40
Articles are typically written for newspapers, magazines and journals. They are for the large public so their main task is to draw the reader's attention. Whether they describe an event, a person or an opinion, articles are informative. This means they give information, suggestions and advice. They aren't about yourself. In this article you'll find 5 most important steps to write a concise article. No matter if you're a beginner or a professional, these 5 steps apply to everyone.
1. The 3 W's. Before you start writing your article you need to keep in mind the 3 W's. The first thing is Where - do you publish the article. Is it in a newspaper or in a magazine? Then, Who - is going to read it? You need to know your audience. And the last W is What - is the purpose of your article. Do you want to tell people about a recent event? Do you want to compare two gadgets?
2. Title. The most important thing about a title is to be eye-catching. This is the moment your reader decides whether to keep reading your article or abandon it. Give your readers the most useful, entertaining information at the top of the article. For example, if you write an article about a place you should introduce adjectives. This makes the place more interesting and the reader will most likely want to know more about it. Let's say " The extraordinary road to Memphis". The first question is "Why is this road so extraordinary?". Whereas, if you talk about a person a verb is better. Pick " Madonna speaks up" in favor of "Madonna's speech about women".
3. Introduction. You have the topic, which is clearly stated in the title, and now the first paragraph is the introduction. This paragraph is only 2-3 sentences long and defines the topic. No details, just a hint of the main points.
4. Body. The body of the article is 2-4 paragraphs long and gives more details about the topic. This is the part where the 5 W's (and the How) need to be pointed out. So, if you write an article about "The extraordinary road to Memphis", the Who - is the road, the Where - is Memphis, When - let's assume it's summertime, so When - during summer, What happened - the road to Memphis became extraordinary, Why - because there was B. B. King's face painted on the road (The Road To Memphis is also a documentary directed by Richard Pearce ND which follows the career of Blues musician B.B. King) and How did the road become extraordinary - thanks to students who painted B. B. King's face on the road.
5. Conclusion. The conclusion has to summarize the topic, or if you compare two gadgets give a last opinion. Remember to back up your choice with real reasons.
Tip: Double or even triple check your article for grammar and spelling mistakes!
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy