ALL >> Health >> View Article
Diabetic Leg Ulcers And Leg Infections
Total Articles: 116
Diabetes is closely related to leg ulcers and infections. This is due to poor blood circulation that results due to resistant high blood glucose levels over an extended period of time. Loss of sensation or numbness in the feet may occur making causing leg ulcers and infections to develop.
1. Wound â�� It is a sharp injury on the dermis layer of the skin that leaves it cut, torn or punctured.
2. Chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) - It is a medical condition where the veins cannot enough oxygen-poor blood back to the heart.
3. Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) â�� It is a disease in which plaque builds up in the arteries that carry blood to your head, organs, and limbs. The plaque can harden and narrow the arteries over time which may prevent blood flow to the various organs and body parts.
4. Diabetic Foot â�� Due to persistent high blood sugar level nerves or blood vessels may get damaged which may result in loss of sensation or numbness in the feet? You may not feel a cut, blister or a sore. There may be ulcers and infections and in severe cases may lead to amputation.
5. Venous Ulcer â�� Veins in the legs carry blood from legs and feet back to the heart. When the veins in the legs are not working well blood accumulates in the lower leg which resists supply of oxygen and nutrients to the tissues. This condition is known as Venous Ulcer.
6. Arterial Ulcers â�� This is a condition when blood is not moving well throughout the feet. This happens due to arteriosclerosis which prevents blood flow through the arteries due to fatty deposits on the artery walls. Arterial ulcers usually develop between the toes, tips of toes and the heels.
7. Pressure Ulcers â�� It is a common type of sore that develop due to prolonged exposure to an area of the skin. They are also called bed sores.
8. Diabkil Capsules â�� It is a wonderful herbal supplement that can be taken besides medication.
Foot care Guidelines
1. Shed excess weight.
2. To keep your calf muscles pumping walk and exercise for at least an hour a day.
3. Check your legs and feet regularly for cracks, sores and ulcers. Make sure to moisturize every time after bathing.
4. Take extra caution not to injure your legs while pushing the supermarket trolley or doing housework. Consider protective shin splints.
5. Wear comfortable well fitting shoes and socks. Do not buy socks with a tighter garter or cuff. Before you put on shoes check the inside of shoes for small stones or rough patches.
6. If you have to stand for long durations of time keep changing positions.
7. Avoid sitting cross legged and always use padded stool to put up your feet and stretch them out to reduce swelling.
Health Articles1. Things You Can Do If Your Gums Are Bleeding
Author: Dr. Lakhwinder Singh
2. Paresthesia Could Cause Loss Of Male Organ Sensation
Author: John Dugan
3. Buy Adderall Xr 20 Mg Online Usa | @whitepear.store
4. Weight Reduction Herbs
5. Diy Treatments For Common Skin Concerns
Author: Dr mithra
6. Join Occupational First Aid Course To Serve As A First Aid Responder In Times Of Medical Emergency C
7. Qualities In A Pediatrician You Must Look For
Author: ponting brown
8. Remain In The Best Of Health With Pure Noni Products Of Salveo
9. Planning To Attend A Cme Medical Conference In Toronto? | Emedevents
10. Male Organ Skin And Vitamin D: A Healthy Combo
Author: John Dugan
11. How Do Invisible Braces Help Everyone In Your Family
Author: Joseph Donald
12. How A General Dentist Can Improve Your Oral Health
Author: Abel Abraham
13. How To Compare Invisible Braces To The Traditional Braces
Author: Malachi Mixon
14. Right Cosmetic Surgery Rectify Body And Facial Features
Author: opus clinic
15. Enjoy Monsoon Season With These Hair Care Tips
Author: Pankaj Singhal