ALL >> Health >> View Article
Ways To Protect Your Eyes At Work
Total Articles: 13
Our eyes are very important to us. They allow us to see the beauty of our environment. They also enable us to do our daily activities. Our eyes, though, are among the most vulnerable parts of our body; hence, we need to ensure their safety. At work, we also place our eyes at risk and we may not be aware of it. To give you helpful information on ways to protect your eyes at work, check the items below:
1. If you are using computer every day at work, you are at risk of suffering from eye strain or eye injury. Because of this, you will have to do some things to be able to protect your eyes. For one, remember to blink your eyes to produce tears. From time to time, get up from your seat or look away from the computer screen for a few minutes. Shut your eyes to relax them.
2. If your work is prone to sharp objects, sparks, dust and others, see to it that you are wearing safety glasses with side shields. These will prevent any element from getting inside your eyes. Similarly, wear goggles if your job involves chemicals. On the other hand, you may use special-purpose safety glasses, face shields and others if your tasks make you at risk of radiation.
3. Among the ways to protect your eyes at work is to perform some eye movement exercises. Look for an object that is 50 meters away. Focus on it for 10 to 15 seconds. Slowly, bring your sight to an object that is closer to you (about 10 meters away). Remember not to move your head. After 10 to 15 seconds, look at the distant object again. Repeat this five times. Another eye movement routine is to look up and down eight times. Tend not to look further than your normal up and down vision or you may strain or injure your eyes more.
4. Consult with an eye specialist in Arizona if you think that you will need to wear eyeglasses already or if you feel that your glasses are no longer suitable for you. He will examine your eyes and make the necessary diagnosis or recommendation.
5. Even if you are only on your desk, you should also practice some precautions for your eyes. For instance, make sure that the computer monitor is about 18 to 30 inches away from you. It should be slightly lower than the level of your eyes. More important, it should be right in front of you. Consider reducing the brightness and increasing the contrast of the screen.
It is therefore important that after you get hired from a job, think about your place of work for the safety of your eyes. Check if you need to wear special-purpose eyeglasses. Learn how to work with the computer every day without straining your eyes and a lot more. If you are in doubt, you may pay your eye doctor a visit and ask for the ways to protect your eyes at work.
Health Articles1. In Choosing A General Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Alternative Medication- A Better Way Of Medication
Author: Bhavesh Desai
3. Types Of Shoulder And Knee Pain
Author: Mahesh Singh`
4. Infertility And Pcos Problems That You Need To Sort Out
Author: Swati Desai
5. Hipaa Compliant Medical Patient Release Forms - Cakeintake
Author: Cake Intake
6. Small Male Organ Coupling: Working Around The Size Issue
Author: John Dugan
7. Medical Conditions In Which Cerebral Palsy Treatment Becomes Essential
Author: Nupur Jha
8. Excel Family Dental - Root Canal Retreatment
Author: Heidi Huang
9. Choose The Right Home Gym In Kelowna
Author: Dennis Ritchie is the author of this article
10. Best Mass Gaining Dietary Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
11. Advantages Of Stem Cell Therapy You Need To Know About
Author: Nupur Jha
12. Pcos – Awareness , Symptoms And Treatment.
Author: Rakshit Agrawal
13. Defy The Inevitable Process Of Skin Aging And Discoloration
Author: Rutuja Gupta
14. Breast Enlargement Surgery For An Attractive Body!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
15. Buy Siemens Hearing Aids In Kolkata At Best Price