ALL >> Business >> View Article
Banking Sector Roundup July 30th 2013 – A Difficult Day For A Number Of Banks
Total Articles: 26
Jul. 31, 2013 - CHUO-KU, Japan -- Major banks across the global are having legal and financial difficulties including; JP Morgan, Barclays, and Deutsche Bank. A division of JP Morgan Chase & Co. known as JP Morgan Ventures Energy Corporation has been fined $410 million by Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for allegedly manipulating electricity markets. The firm will pay $285 million in civil penalties and a disgorgement of $125 million in unjust profits. As per the terms of the agreement the division admits to the facts but does not admit or deny the violations. The charges are related to markets in the Midwest and California from September 2010 to November 2012. Investigators alleged that JP Morgan Ventures Energy Corporation was involved in 12 manipulative bidding strategies.
Britain´s second largest bank, Barclays PLC is contesting charges from the Financial Conduct Authority. The regulator is investigating fees that the bank paid to Qatar during a $10.7 billion fund raising effort that helped the bank avoids a bailout. The Financial Conduct Authority is investigating if Barclays legally disclosed fees paid to the Qatar Investment Authority. Four current and former employees are being investigated including Finance Director Chris Lucas.
The largest bank in continental Europe, Deutsche Bank AG´s profit was nearly halved due to setting aside $796 million for legal costs. The bank is involved in a number of court cases, it is a defendant in civil suits as an issuer of mortgage-backed securities, it is also charged with tax evasion in carbon markets, and they have been accused of manipulating the interbank lending rates. Deutsche Bank along with three other firms were convicted in Milan of fraud in the sale of derivatives. CEO Anshu Jain stated that he expects settlements to accelerate in coming quarters but declined to elaborate.
Business Articles1. How To Start A Business With Eglobedata’s Transportation Industry Email List
Author: Brayden Tyler
2. Web Design Service Provider
3. Custom Aluminum Cnc Machining Service
4. Education Top University In Rajasthan
5. High Precision Machined Components
6. Literom As A College Management Software
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
7. Simplifying Gst: Public Awareness Of Massive Gst Evasion Must Start Before Raids
Author: Mohit Yadev
8. Why Is B2b Online Marketplace So Important To Grow Your Business Soon?
Author: Gail Herper
9. Are Evaluations Truly Useful In Deciding Legitimate Movers & Packers.
10. Importance Of Using Security Cameras
11. Roofing Oklahoma City Has Simplified
Author: Fred Lydick
12. Benefits Of Hiring An Accountant In Meridian
13. How To Choose A Reputed And Professional Charlotte Mold Removal Company
14. Video Production Atlanta – Video Production Services Atlanta Have Become Enough Competitive
Author: William Brown
15. Thermal Liquid Heaters