ALL >> Education >> View Article
Online Education (bachelor's Degree In Officeadministration)
Total Articles: 215
Despite almost constant technological advances, businesses will always have a need for trained, qualified assistants working in the office place to help the daily activities of any business run smoothly. Individuals who pursue an office management degree will find that a short amount of education can get their foot in the door, and further education at a later date will make their career options nearly limitless. Those individuals who earn an office administration degree will find jobs awaiting them in career fields ranging from clerical work to supervisory positions.
A specific office administration degree only exists at the Associate’s degree level at most institutions, but it is more than enough for any individual to get their foot in the door within the industry. The following are a few examples of office administration degrees:
· Office Administration Certificate or Diploma programs
· Associate of Business: Office Administration
· Associate in Specialized Business: Medical Office Administration
· Associate of Business Administration (ABA): Office System
· Associate in Administrative Office Management
· Associate of Applied Science in Business Office Administration
· Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration
· Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration – Business Management
Certain programs provide individuals with generalized information important for anyone wishing to have a career in the business field. Other programs, such as the Associate in Specialized Business: Medical Office Administration, offer more specialized training to individuals by providing them with skills deemed important in a particular setting such as a medical office.
The goal of any office administration degree program is to provide students with the skills necessary to work in an office in a clerical role, as an office assistant, or as a supervisor of other workers in the office. As such office administration programs require students to take some of the following classes in order to graduate with the necessary skills:
· Business Information Systems
· Word Processing
· Business Principles
· Business Law
These courses will provide students with some of the following skills that employers are looking for:
· Use of business information systems
· Business law skills
· Business communications abilities
· Spreadsheet skills
· Supervisory skills
· Database management abilities
· Information systems skills
· Microsoft software skills
· Word processing
Most individuals interested in a career in office administration either attend a 2-year associate's degree program in the field or gain direct on-the-job training. There are a few schools, however, that offer 4-year bachelor's degree programs in office administration. These programs provide students with a background in computer skills, office equipment, management, human resources and business law.
The majority of students enrolled in an office administration program are looking to gain the skills necessary to provide administrative and business support to an individual or an entire office. They must learn to answer e-mail correspondence, set up scheduling programs, order office supplies, book travel, make databases, keep filing systems intact and provide any amount of additional assistance required by owners, executives and other business personnel. Some specific industries, such as the health care and legal fields, offer more detailed degree programs for aspiring office administrators.
Most schools offering degree programs in office administration only require that incoming students have a high school diploma before applying. Many do request that students have a basic knowledge of computer systems, a strong grasp of the English language, oral communication skills and a grade point average of at least 2.5.
The majority of courses in a bachelor's degree program in office administration are practical in nature and are designed to teach students specific skills. Some core course topics might include:
· Business math
· Business communications
· Office procedures
· Business computing
· Word processing
· Spreadsheet applications
· Machine transcription
· Basic accounting
· Business law
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.
Education Articles1. Preparation For Study Abroad Programs
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
2. Spark And Scala Training In Hyderabad
3. Tips To Finish Ailet In Time
Author: vikas choudhary
4. Why Would You Opt For Diploma Courses After Graduation?
Author: Kunal Iyar
5. Web Development Tutorials For Beginners
Author: • A Real Time Software Training Institute 100% Gu
6. How Would You Choose The Best Institute For Executive Mba In India?
Author: Bhargav Himnshu
7. Understand All The Concepts Of Statistical Analysis System
8. Life Is Best In The Engineering Colleges
Author: ponting brown
9. Photography Courses In Delhi
10. Introduction Of Jqueryui
Author: Learn web designing course in Bangalore.Infocampus
11. To Beat A Hacker, You Need To Think Like A Hacker
12. How To Choose A Quality Gmat Prep Course Online?
Author: Dhiraj Goverdhanam
13. Taking Autism Care Services For Autistic Individuals Are Very Important!
Author: The Lizard Centre
14. Online Learning - An Easy Way To Become An Oracle Certified Professional
Author: Atul Kumar
15. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur