ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Cloud Computing – Top Three Myths Busted
Total Articles: 304
Most of us are under the impression that cloud means Internet in technical language but what if we add the term "computing" with it? Then, it becomes an unknown object rather than just the Internet. Ask anyone about cloud computing and he will start assuming and giving weird answers. Therefore, in this write-up, I will bust few cloud computing related myths and provide a more comprehensive outlook on the same.
1. Cloud is new and a revolutionary idea - Though the term "cloud' is a greenhorn in information technology industry, the concept is there for decades now and we never bothered about how we are also a part of this concept. Cloud computing professors teaching at Drexel University, claim that we have been using cloud computing unknowingly for years now in the form of emails, remote services and processing and online data storage modes. What once called a data centre is now a cloud provider.
2. Cloud is not secure at all - We are aware of hacking of cloud data storage services such as Drop Box and Gmail as they are quite frequent. This is totally a myth as (1) all these are consumer-based products and (2) these hacks occur rather occasionally and whenever they occur, they are responded and tackled swiftly. I believe that security does not come by itself it has to be implemented. Cloud providers and especially those who target enterprise sector include security features in their services that are more enhanced than the security enforced by Fortune 500 companies or even government organizations.
Experts say that fear; insecurity and doubts constitute a major part of this myth that is spread by those who have no technical or operational knowledge about this concept. They further add that with the size of data and the infrastructure at any cloud service provider, it is impossible for hackers to detect, which server has the confidential data stored in it. Though cloud services are secure but time-to-time analysis of all the security aspects in necessary to ensure their robustness and efficiency. Companies need to take extra care when it comes to securing the confidential and sensitive enterprise data and should not hesitate from using encryption procedure wherever required.
3 – Cloud computing is a passing fad - I have already mentioned in my first point that the concept of cloud computing has been there for decades now hence, I don’t feel like mentioning it yet again. It is already proven that cloud computing is not a passing fad but something that would stay to influence our lives. Since it is flexible and changing constantly, it has the potential to influence our lives and take control over more and more of everything that we do. Experts say that cloud computing will give more surprises in the future as what we have seen till now is just the trailer of a blockbuster. They say that the cloud is still in its younger days and the best is yet to come. It has the potential to change the game and provoke enterprises to be keener in adopting it. This is clearly visible as business owners and even the federal agencies are adopting it quickly.
As we move towards mobility, we will see the impact of cloud computing grasping our personal and professional life both. This will further highlight the fact that the concept is not going to grow fainter in near future. It is only possible when a better technology arrives, which seems impossible as of now.
The author holds a content writer post with mobile enterprise app development company. It is one of the best mobile app companies in Noida. It started services as an app development companies Dallas organization, later opening branch in Noida.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Why Text My Main Number Is #1 Landline Texting Service Provider In The Usa?
Author: Gabor Albert
2. How Contract Management Is Going To Benefit Organizations?
Author: James Blake
3. Smart Factory - The Future Of Manufacturing Industry
Author: Roopali Parandekar
4. Dell Repair Centre London Issues
5. Why Mobile App Development Gets Smarter In 2017?
6. Features Of A Cloud Contract Management Services
Author: James Blake
7. What Are The Benefits Of Flexible & Submersible Cables?
Author: Nancy Pache
8. What Are The Benefits Of Wall Mounting Fans & Exhaust Fans?
Author: Nancy Pache
9. Lidar Market Size To Grow At Cagr Above 12% Till 2024
10. Third Party Logistics (3pl) Market To Grow At Cagr Above 5% Till 2024
11. Exploring Evaporative Cooling
Author: Cruz Lia
13. Integrated Systems Market To Grow At A Lucrative Rate By 2024 | Hexa Research
Author: Robyn G
14. Global Internet Of Things (iot) 2024 Market Outlook 2024
Author: Steve Blade
15. Choose Superior Quality Of Mobile Covers To Encase Your Valuable Asset
Author: Denesh Yadav