ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Traits A Divorce Attorney Should Possess
Total Articles: 43
You have reached the end of your tolerance for your marriage. There is nothing else left to do but to end it. However, you cannot get what you deserve from your years of marriage together when you do not do the separation legally. So, in order to get through the whole legal separation process in one piece and unscathed, you need to employ a divorce attorney. And mind you, just another divorce attorney taken from the downtowns of Maryland will not do. You need to look for specific traits to make sure that you will win your case.
In order for your attorney to build the perfect case and device the perfect plan, he or she needs to listen to everything you have to say and everything that you feel first. Listening is not enough. Your attorney needs to understand your situation as well. This is one of the first steps in building solid constructions—not only in your specific case of divorce but also with everything else. If you and your attorney argue in your first meeting, ditch him or her. You do not need additional stress in your situation.
A divorce process can be long, especially if the other party is not cooperating (at all). Of course, this trait does not only apply to your divorce attorney. It applies to yourself as well. If you want to get the maximum property you can get from your divorce, you have to be very patient and wait for the opportune moment to strike. Your attorney needs to understand this as well. Just imagine yourself as a lion lying in wait for your prey—circling it ever so carefully, calculating, until you know you are already at an advantage.
Yes, this is where cleverness is demanded. Your attorney needs to be clever enough to spot that opportune moment to strike. It might be a negotiation. It might be blackmail (although this is not a really good option). The thing is that your attorney can device clever ways to get what you (the client) want to get from the whole situation. Or, if you can’t get everything you want, at least you can take away most of what you want from the divorce. The importance thing is that you have to be the one to come out the winner.
If your divorce attorney is not clever enough to get everything you want from your ended marriage, the least he or she can do for you is to settle a deal with the other party. He or she needs to be a good negotiator. Of course, all lawyers and attorneys should be good with deals and negotiations. However, your attorney should be extra good with cases involving divorce. Even if he or she gets extra chummy or friendly with the attorney from the other party to seal a good deal, you can secure yourself the stuff you want for yourself—the the things you want to get just to spite your ex-spouse.
Tina Jones is the author of this article on divorce attorney. Know more about divorce attorney Maryland here.
Legal Articles1. 5 Tips For Protecting Yourself After A Slip And Fall Injury In Phoenix, Az
2. What Losses Are Recoverable After A Car Accident In Phoenix?
3. Bad Driving Habits That Can Be Fatal
Author: Christopher A. Richard
4. New Rules Affecting Massachusettsworkers’ Compensation Law
Author: Conston Taylor
5. How Do Immigration Lawyers Help?
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
7. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
8. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
9. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
10. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
11. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
12. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
13. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
14. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
15. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer