ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Traits A Divorce Attorney Should Possess
Total Articles: 43
You have reached the end of your tolerance for your marriage. There is nothing else left to do but to end it. However, you cannot get what you deserve from your years of marriage together when you do not do the separation legally. So, in order to get through the whole legal separation process in one piece and unscathed, you need to employ a divorce attorney. And mind you, just another divorce attorney taken from the downtowns of Maryland will not do. You need to look for specific traits to make sure that you will win your case.
In order for your attorney to build the perfect case and device the perfect plan, he or she needs to listen to everything you have to say and everything that you feel first. Listening is not enough. Your attorney needs to understand your situation as well. This is one of the first steps in building solid constructions—not only in your specific case of divorce but also with everything else. If you and your attorney argue in your first meeting, ditch him or her. You do not need additional stress in your situation.
A divorce process can be long, especially if the other party is not cooperating (at all). Of course, this trait does not only apply to your divorce attorney. It applies to yourself as well. If you want to get the maximum property you can get from your divorce, you have to be very patient and wait for the opportune moment to strike. Your attorney needs to understand this as well. Just imagine yourself as a lion lying in wait for your prey—circling it ever so carefully, calculating, until you know you are already at an advantage.
Yes, this is where cleverness is demanded. Your attorney needs to be clever enough to spot that opportune moment to strike. It might be a negotiation. It might be blackmail (although this is not a really good option). The thing is that your attorney can device clever ways to get what you (the client) want to get from the whole situation. Or, if you can’t get everything you want, at least you can take away most of what you want from the divorce. The importance thing is that you have to be the one to come out the winner.
If your divorce attorney is not clever enough to get everything you want from your ended marriage, the least he or she can do for you is to settle a deal with the other party. He or she needs to be a good negotiator. Of course, all lawyers and attorneys should be good with deals and negotiations. However, your attorney should be extra good with cases involving divorce. Even if he or she gets extra chummy or friendly with the attorney from the other party to seal a good deal, you can secure yourself the stuff you want for yourself—the the things you want to get just to spite your ex-spouse.
Tina Jones is the author of this article on divorce attorney. Know more about divorce attorney Maryland here.
Legal Articles1. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers In Md- Protecting Debitor And Creditor Instantaneously
2. Search Law Firms, Top Advocates, Lawyers
Author: Advacto legal Solutions
3. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You From The Legal Charges
4. The Experience Of Working With A Work Injury Lawyer In Pennsylvania
Author: Ryan Harvey
5. What Can Springfield Missouri Family Lawyers In Greene County Do For You?
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
6. Denton Child Custody Attorney: A Perfect And Healthy Solution
Author: Mark N John
7. 15 Common Myths About Child Custody
Author: V. Wayne Ward
8. Getting Out Of Trouble: Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
9. Five Tips By Springfield Missouri Child Custody Attorneys In Greene County To Help Get You To A Posi
Author: Kirk C. Stange
10. Getting Out Of Trouble: An Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. Important Considerations Before Hiring A Family Law Divorce Attorney
12. Five Injuries That Triggers You To Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm In Dallas For The Compensation Cl
Author: Nick Feizy
13. Expert Felony Case Lawyer & Local Divorce Attorney
14. Should You Get An Attorney For A Car Accident That Wasn't Your Fault?
15. 10 Quick Tips On How To Find A Divorce Lawyer
Author: V. Wayne Ward