ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Keep Your Dog In Line With These Tips
Total Articles: 206
Dogs don't have the level of intelligence of humans so you cannot expect your dog to be your intellectual equal. Making this assumption when training your dog results in disappointment and even disaster. This article should help you approach training in a more effective way.
Keep your dog active. Don't let your dog sit around with nothing to do. They won't get any exercise that way and if they're too bored, they might sniff around and get into some trouble. When a dog's mind begins to wander, the training process loses its effectiveness. A happy and well-exercised dog is an easily trained dog. Be sure to go for jogs or walks with your dog regularly.
When your dog behaves well in a training session, reward him in a calm manner. If the dog follows commands correctly, you should reward the animal only if it is calm. While you might be pleased, acting too excited may cause the dog to get agitated, lessening your control. Stay calm and the dog will stay calm, and you'll be able to reward it.
To house train your dog, you should make sure that your dog follows a regular feeding and elimination schedule. This will give you an idea of when the dog is likely to have to go, so you can take it outdoors to take care of this matter before an accident occurs on your rug. When a dog has a schedule, they also learn the valuable skill of "holding it" until you take him for his next scheduled trip outside.
Teething can be painful which is why your puppy chews on things, so always give him a choice of chew toys to keep him from getting into trouble. Replace the item immediately with one of the dog's own chew toys. Teething can cause puppies significant pain. Give them relief by letting them chew on a washcloth that is wet and frozen.
You must concentrate on developing your dog's recall. Your dog should return to your side at all times under all conditions. Teach your dog to come, even when there are distractions. It could even save his life, so make sure it is ingrained in his mind!
To improve the efficiency of your training routine, make sure your dog eats and poops at around the same time every day. This will give you the opportunity to understand when your dog needs to go to the bathroom. This helps your puppy learn to "hold it" for a bit, until he knows it's time to go out and will help save you money on carpet cleaning.
You must teach your dog how to walk correctly when the leash is attached. This will ensure both his safety and yours when you take him on walks.
"Leave It!" should be one of the first commands that a puppy learns. This command instructs them to release an object and walk away. It ensures they don't eat food they shouldn't, chew on items not intended to be chewed on or even pick up dangerous or poisonous items in their mouth.
After learning some helpful hints on how to get through to your dog and train it to behave to your expectations you simply need to follow what you have learned. After changing your dogs behavior to fit with the tips suggested you can properly train your dog.
Home and Garden Articles1. Things To Consider Before Installing Outdoor Blinds
Author: Darcy Morley
2. Inspiring Window Treatments Ideas For Bedrooms
Author: Dean Ackles
3. The Steps One Should Follow To Build A Strong Construction
Author: Jordan Baxter
4. Keeping Your Grass Greener With Lawn Mowing And Gardening Professionals
Author: Tony Bulic
5. The Evaporative Air Coolers India Offer Best Models To Suit Various Industrial And Commercial Coolin
6. Choose The Best Company For Several Cleaning & Maintenance Services
Author: Douglas Lugviel
7. Commercial Painting Can Transform A Dull Commercial Property Into A Stunning Masterpiece!
Author: Anu Radha
8. Top Qualities Of A Responsible Plumber That You Should Hire
Author: Artur Filoncik
9. Best 5 Ways To Choosing Quality Hand Tools Online
Author: Alan Cory
10. Roman Blinds - Great Way To Add A Little Class And Atmosphere To Your Home
Author: Joseph Zammit
11. How Roof Restoration Can Be Beneficial For Your Home?
Author: Jim Chronopoulos
12. How A Cleaner Air Conditioner Helps To Save Energy
13. Landscape Lighting: A Way To Make Your Home Look The Best From The Rest
Author: Christine Delongte
14. Rise Value Of Your House By Upgrading Your Bathroom And Kitchen
Author: Andrew Howard
15. Advantages Of A Mini-split System
Author: Mary Morris