ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What Needs To Know When Travelling To Sapa, Vietnam
Total Articles: 1
Sapa is the mountainous holiday town in the north of Vietnam. Since I was discovered by the French about 100 years ago, Sapa is well-known for its rugged scenery and the rich cultural diversity of various ethnic minorities.
Sapa is the mountainous holiday town in the north of Vietnam. Since I was discovered by the French about 100 years ago, Sapa is well-known for its rugged scenery and the rich cultural diversity of various ethnic minorities. Located at 1,650 m above sea level, Sapa provides an incredible view over hill tribes, terrace rice fields in the Hoang Lien Son mountain - the Tonkinese Alps" which has the Fansipan mount, the highest peak in Indochina region.
Sapa is also considered one of two European mountainous towns in Vietnam (the other one is DA Lat). Originally built by the French and for the French, the town has not changed so much over the last century.The French architecture, gardens and the cool weather make it totally different to other Asian towns.
What needs to know when travelling to Sapa :
The best time to travel Sapa is from September to April in the following year when the weather is dry and cool. From February to April, Sapa is blooming with flowers, making this region very colorful.
Stay at a Sapa hotel located around the church or on Muong Hoa, Cau May, Cat Cat or Fansipan streets.They are areas for the best boutique Sapahotelswith great views and many restaurants, shops nearby.
Find a small and friendly hotel and accommodation in Sapa is the right choice. Actually there is no big or famous hotel chain here. Mountain hiking, Homestay at hill tribes, Fansipan mount climbing are must-do activities. Every hotel in Sapa offers such activities.
Sapa is not a perfect place for local markets; extend a couple of days to Bac Ha (100km from Sapa or 70km from train station) to experience the authentic colorful local markets which are much better.
9-hour train journey is the best and safest way to Sapa from Hanoi.Travelling by car may be dangerous in rainy season.
Travel Articles1. India Viajes Mundial El Mejor Viaje
Author: Jessica Johansson
2. Practical Wedding Transportation Solutions With Tampa Bay Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Overseas Exploration Travel In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
4. Reasons To Choose A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Jai Bhawani
5. Bristol Taxis – Search For The Best Clifton Taxi Service Now!
Author: Michel Umer
6. Krabi Taxi – Krabi Airport Taxi Will Never Let You Down!
Author: Khun Franco
7. Beautiful Beach Tour In Goa
Author: Top Travel
8. Do You Know How Make Your Tour Of Sicily Quite Enthralling?
Author: Christian Guardione
9. India, A Paradise For Bird Watchers
10. Sightseeing Tour Limo In Washington Dc: What Are The Places To Explore?
Author: Mike Johnson
11. Applying Uae Visa Online Helps You Visit Top Tourist Attractions In Dubai
Author: Zuhair Hanif
12. Why You Should Reserve This Incredible Villa For Your Vacation?
13. Travel Myths You Need To Get Rid Of Right Now
Author: Wayne Brook
14. Nyc Car Services Compatible For Babies And Kids
Author: Robert Anhouse
15. How To Make Your Mountain Biking Easy With Travel Guides?
Author: Walter Winkler