ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What Needs To Know When Travelling To Sapa, Vietnam
Total Articles: 1
Sapa is the mountainous holiday town in the north of Vietnam. Since I was discovered by the French about 100 years ago, Sapa is well-known for its rugged scenery and the rich cultural diversity of various ethnic minorities.
Sapa is the mountainous holiday town in the north of Vietnam. Since I was discovered by the French about 100 years ago, Sapa is well-known for its rugged scenery and the rich cultural diversity of various ethnic minorities. Located at 1,650 m above sea level, Sapa provides an incredible view over hill tribes, terrace rice fields in the Hoang Lien Son mountain - the Tonkinese Alps" which has the Fansipan mount, the highest peak in Indochina region.
Sapa is also considered one of two European mountainous towns in Vietnam (the other one is DA Lat). Originally built by the French and for the French, the town has not changed so much over the last century.The French architecture, gardens and the cool weather make it totally different to other Asian towns.
What needs to know when travelling to Sapa :
The best time to travel Sapa is from September to April in the following year when the weather is dry and cool. From February to April, Sapa is blooming with flowers, making this region very colorful.
Stay at a Sapa hotel located around the church or on Muong Hoa, Cau May, Cat Cat or Fansipan streets.They are areas for the best boutique Sapahotelswith great views and many restaurants, shops nearby.
Find a small and friendly hotel and accommodation in Sapa is the right choice. Actually there is no big or famous hotel chain here. Mountain hiking, Homestay at hill tribes, Fansipan mount climbing are must-do activities. Every hotel in Sapa offers such activities.
Sapa is not a perfect place for local markets; extend a couple of days to Bac Ha (100km from Sapa or 70km from train station) to experience the authentic colorful local markets which are much better.
9-hour train journey is the best and safest way to Sapa from Hanoi.Travelling by car may be dangerous in rainy season.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family