ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Storm Shelter Helpful Of Severe Thunderstorms Or Tornadoes
Total Articles: 334
Although tornado season is typically during the spring months, any of you who live in tornado alley can attest to the fact that tornadoes can show up any time of the year. They do not discriminate against the cold months of the year. We all know that a very warm day followed by a cold front spells out the possibility of severe thunderstorms or tornadoes.
For your safety and the safety of your family, you should have a plan for a designated safe spot in your house in the event of a tornado. There are a number of things that you need to know before you designate a place as well as a number of things that would be helpful to keep in your designated spot just in case.
One of the safest places to be when a tornado hits is in a storm cellar. You can purchase a pre-manufactured storm shelter and either install it yourself or have it professionally installed. You can also build your own storm shelter. If you choose to do this it is important that you research the appropriate materials to use in order for the shelter to be effective. You can have storm shelters built into your home or in the ground near your home. They also come in various sizes, so you need to think about the size and needs of your family. If you live in a trailer, it is particularly important that you have a storm shelter or know of a community shelter in the area where you can take cover.
If you don't have a storm shelter, there are certain places in your home that are safer than others. If there are windows in the basement, cover them with plastic if you have time and stay away from them.
If there is no basement in your home, you should go to an interior room that is on the lowest level of the home. A closet or bathroom is best. You can also go to an interior hallway in a building on the lowest level. You should stay away from windows, exterior walls and doorways. Stay out of large rooms such as auditoriums, the middle of the grocery store or large hallways. If there is a heavy piece of furniture in the room, take cover under it
The article is written by the person who have worked as in disaster recovery team leader. so the authoe have good knoweledge about steel storm shelter, safe room oklahoma city & garage storm shelter & Underground helters in Oklahoma City.To know more visit on http://hitsteel.com/
Home and Garden Articles1. Decorate Your Events With Orchid Flowers
2. Fire Extinguisher Servicing - Guidance On Maintenance Fire Fighting Equipment
3. What Fire Extinguisher Serving May Do For You
4. Fireplace Extinguisher Maintenance Is A Necessary Fire Security Measure
5. Get The New Look Kitchen Cabinet The Easiest Way
Author: David Richard
6. Best Tips For Plant Maintenance In Philadelphia During Wintertime
Author: Michele Sokoloff
7. How To Protect Garden Plants This Summer?
Author: BK Vijay
8. Advantages Of Hiring A Gardener Services
Author: Georgina L Allen
9. Factors Influencing The Price Of An Air Conditioner
Author: Priya Sharma
10. 6 Simple Mower Maintenance Tips
Author: Michael Foley
11. 5 Realistic Tips To Identify The Best Moving And Storage Companies
Author: Michael Holden
12. How To Hire One Of The Best Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
13. Using The Whip Cream Dispenser For The Food To Be Tastier With Versatility
Author: Kathy Richy
14. Common Carpet Cleaning Mistakes, You Want To Avoid To Extend The Lifespan Of Your Carpet
Author: Nick Koych
15. Permit You To Experience Again The Special Features Of A Floors Service Provider
Author: Partha Goswami