ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Storm Shelter Helpful Of Severe Thunderstorms Or Tornadoes
Total Articles: 334
Although tornado season is typically during the spring months, any of you who live in tornado alley can attest to the fact that tornadoes can show up any time of the year. They do not discriminate against the cold months of the year. We all know that a very warm day followed by a cold front spells out the possibility of severe thunderstorms or tornadoes.
For your safety and the safety of your family, you should have a plan for a designated safe spot in your house in the event of a tornado. There are a number of things that you need to know before you designate a place as well as a number of things that would be helpful to keep in your designated spot just in case.
One of the safest places to be when a tornado hits is in a storm cellar. You can purchase a pre-manufactured storm shelter and either install it yourself or have it professionally installed. You can also build your own storm shelter. If you choose to do this it is important that you research the appropriate materials to use in order for the shelter to be effective. You can have storm shelters built into your home or in the ground near your home. They also come in various sizes, so you need to think about the size and needs of your family. If you live in a trailer, it is particularly important that you have a storm shelter or know of a community shelter in the area where you can take cover.
If you don't have a storm shelter, there are certain places in your home that are safer than others. If there are windows in the basement, cover them with plastic if you have time and stay away from them.
If there is no basement in your home, you should go to an interior room that is on the lowest level of the home. A closet or bathroom is best. You can also go to an interior hallway in a building on the lowest level. You should stay away from windows, exterior walls and doorways. Stay out of large rooms such as auditoriums, the middle of the grocery store or large hallways. If there is a heavy piece of furniture in the room, take cover under it
The article is written by the person who have worked as in disaster recovery team leader. so the authoe have good knoweledge about steel storm shelter, safe room oklahoma city & garage storm shelter & Underground helters in Oklahoma City.To know more visit on http://hitsteel.com/
Home and Garden Articles1. Enjoy The End Of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney
2. Eight Favorite Lawns In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
3. Facing A Challenge With Small Bathrooms? Check Out These Tips!
Author: sunita arvind
4. What Can You Expect With The Best Landscaping Services Mornington Peninsula?
Author: Rickey Austin
5. 8 Things That You Should Clean Every Day
Author: Mike Aurtho
6. Hire The Most Experienced Exterior Painting Experts In Charlotte
Author: Anu Walia
7. Create A Unique And Modern Look With A Drum Coffee Table
Author: Kim Thompson
8. Painting Tips For Making A Mississauga Home Sale-friendly Before You Sell It
Author: Chris Dgate
9. Few Must Know Tips If You Want To Avoid Failure In Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
10. Landscaping Contractors Can Help You In Beautifying Your Garden
Author: Anu Walia
11. Know How Safe Your Home Cleaning Products Are
Author: Christopher Schwab
12. Modern Stained Glass Floor And Table Lamps Enhances Beauty Of Your House
Author: Lorna Wingfield
13. Why Should You Use The Glass Balcony Balustrades For Your New Home
Author: John Carlos
14. What Makes Designer Furniture Of Perth A Stand Out
Author: Kai Baxter
15. Termite Control Penrith- Expectation Vs. Reality
Author: Alicia Brett