ALL >> Business >> View Article
European Markets Overview – 29th July 2013
Total Articles: 26
Jul. 30, 2013 - CHUO-KU, Japan -- The Stoxx Europe 600 index climbed half a point to 300.2, after a 0.2% dip on Friday. We expect the markets to remain fairly stagnant until later this week, as investor monitor meetings of The European Central Bank, The Bank of England, and US Federal Open Market Committee for any changes to monetary policy.
Irish based biotech firm Elan Corp. gained 11% after an announcement by US based Perrigo Co. stating that they would buy Elan Corp. for $8.6 billion in both cash and shares. Perrigo will buy Elan for $16.50 a share, 10.5% higher than Elan closed on Friday.
Dublin-based Ryan air Holdings PLC dropped more than 3% as the low cost airliner reported a 21% decline in fiscal first quarter profits, and issued a cautious outlook for the rest of the year due to high fuel costs, government taxes, and the recession.
French yoghurt producer DANONE rose 3.5% after confirming their full year targets and reporting a 6.7% climb in sales last quarter.
Advertising firms were some of the day’s biggest gainers. The French advertising firm, Publicist Group SA is up more than 2% after the announcement of a merger with the American firm Omnicom Group Inc. This merger represents the biggest deal in advertising industry history, creating Publicist Omnicom Group. It will have a market capitalization of $35.1 billion, surpassing the market leader WPP PLC. Other advertising firms also rose, French Havas SA is up more than 4% and WPP PLC is up 1.5%. Competitors are benefiting because the merger of the two giant advertising firms will cause client conflicts and drive business elsewhere.
Barclays PLC is one of the day´s biggest losers, dropping more than 4%, due to speculation that the bank will raise capital by issuing new securities. The bank has released a statement saying that they are in discussions with the Prudential Regulation Authority about their financial and capital management plans and they will update the market later this week.
Business Articles1. Information About The Materials That Used In Electric Bike
Author: Larry Bushart
2. Virtual Office In Switzerland – Breaking The Conventional Idea Of Office Space
Author: Mr Dimitri Rusca
3. An Idea About The Rising Damp Treatment
Author: George Dean
4. An End-to-end Retail Management Solution For Small/medium Retail Business
Author: Adam Smith
5. Virtual Office In Geneva – What Are The Advantages Of Having One
Author: Mr Dimitri Rusca
6. Get Excellent Cleaning Of Tiles With Tiling Work Dubai
7. About The Digital Marketing Solution Providers And Local Marketing Services At Cyber Flavors
Author: Unknown Member
8. Bike & Bicycle Shelters- Order For Installations
9. Servo Voltage Stabilizer - What It Is And Why Is It So Important?
Author: R. D. Electric Works
10. Living With Mould In Your Home
Author: Fred Lydick
11. Different Types Of Water Pumps And Their Uses
Author: Gbenga Kukler
12. Laser Cutting
Author: Emily Stone
13. Why Don’t More Agencies Have In-house Translators?
Author: Shreya Gupta
14. Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva
Author: Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva
15. L'entrepreneur Denis Vincent Et Son Histoire Génial De Succès
Author: Denis Vincent