ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
Great Tips On How To Become A Better Web Designer
Total Articles: 175
If you are like many people, you would like to design a website, but do not know the best way to do it. You have some ideas for your site, such as displaying photos and videos, but you do not know how to translate your ideas into reality. Having some web design principles to follow can help. Keep reading for valuable information for effective web design.
Make sure that you get rid of any material that is outdated on your site. If the page a viewer clicks on is promoting something that happened a year ago, you just lost a reader. Users want to spend their time on sites that are cared for, and leaving up old information shows a lack of attention to the site. Make sure you regularly schedule time to add new content, and to remove old.
Let visitors cancel actions if they want to. This includes anything from filling out a simple set of questions, up to registering for a product or service. If you don't let visitors back out of an incomplete action, it can be perceived as forcing them to do something, which will probably make them go elsewhere.
Free software is great to start with when you're getting into web design. Many people falsely believe that they need to purchase expensive software in order to create a good website, however, there are currently numerous excellent free tools on the market that help you to develop a very professional looking website. Just look around a bit to locate the ones that will work best for what you need.
Never use pop-ups. Most people do not like visiting a website, then having pop-up ads bombard them. Many visitors to a site will just click away from a site with pop-ups, even if the site is a popular one. In addition, many people now have pop-up blockers anyway. Make sure your customers are happy by eliminating these pesky ads from your site. If you are required by your hosting service to have pop-up ads, you may want to consider obtaining a new web host.
Use Photoshop if you want to create stellar websites. Photoshop is a program that individuals new to web design can use to quickly create professional level pages. If you don't use such a program, it can be difficult and take a lot of time to learn how to design a high-quality site in a hurry.
A great "About Us" page will help your readers understand who you are and what you do. Too many websites do not spend enough time creating an original 'About Us' page. Try to give it a bit of personality. Give visitors insight into you, the designer. Help them understand how you began designing websites, which other designers you consider to be mentors, and where you are going from here.
As mentioned, web designers that are just starting out have to learn the basics of web design to make attractive, functional sites. With the thousands of resources available, it can be very difficult to know where to begin. The article you've just read should be a good starting point for understanding the general rules of good web design.
Web Design Articles1. How To Choose A Best Web Design Company
Author: Madan Kumar
2. Significance Of Website Speed Optimisation
3. Why Need An Event App For Your Event?
4. Utilizing Touch Displays To Reinforce Client Experience
5. Touch Screen Kiosks And Their Many Benefits
6. Top Advantages Associated With Using A Conference Mobile App For Any Meeting
7. Tips To Selecting The Best Iphone Audio Event Application – Top Must Have Features
8. The Reason Why You’re Event Would Need The App?
9. Online Digital Screen Kiosks – The New Business Trendy
10. Mobile App Development To Take Your Businesses Ahead
11. Mobile App Developer - Why Your Business Must Have One
12. How To Get The Best Augmented Reality Company For Ar Application Development?
13. How To Choose The Best Software Development Firm
14. Effective Digital Signs Is A Team Effort
15. Digital Signage - 3 Useful Rules To Succeed