ALL >> Education >> View Article
A Successful Screenwriter - What Makes A Good Story
Total Articles: 41
A SUCCESSFUL SCREENWRITER is a highly skilled literary technician, a mouthpiece for the people, A witness to the history of the day and a magician who conjures illusions for the masses. A great screenwriter is someone who holds up a mirror to a culture; who uses language as an art form to express ideas and personal convictions. Most of all, He is someone who, every day, harnesses a powerful impulse to both create and communicate.
What Makes A Good Story
The journey of the every man struggling against some insurmountable dilemma been driving plots since cave dwellers began painting their bison hunts. By ritually enacting or rehearsing human problems in an artistic realm, artists not only allow us to relive of excitement moment, they help us come up with solutions for real-life challenges. Even if your movie is populating with A List actors, a messy story line will disappoint or even anger a paying audience. They'll give it bad word of mouth and will tell their friends not to bother seeing it.
An elegant story is the writer's first priority. A story should also be time to time. This means it must relevant to today's audience and to current issues. It's important for the writer be in touch with the zeitgeist or spirit of the times. In fact, the writer must have slightly ahead of the times. Considering that it takes a few years to get a script into production after it been sold, the writer must actually have a grip on what tomorrow's mood maybe. To assure his or her place in an ever-changing market, the writer needs on the crest of the new wave of oncoming ideas.
If you see a bandwagon, stay off it. At the very least, a story needs a clearly identified main character, as well as clear outlines and themes to "hook" the audience and get their interest. We refer to these key structures as the four Ps: Plot, Protagonist, dramatic Problem and Premise.
You may not feel ready to commit to one particular idea at this point, but the discipline here is to claim what is important now as a starting point. Refine ideas as you begin to explore and understand the elements that you are committing to paper. The following exercises will help!
1. Define a concept that you would like to explore. For example, you may want to explore the idea that "Good will always overcome evil if guided by love."
2. Define a protagonist who might help you explore your premise.
3. Decide upon some problems the protagonist may have that leads him or her into struggle.
4. Define one or more obstacles that may lead the protagonist into a struggle or dilemma with one-or both-of the two key support roles.
Dear Readers, I hope this article may help you someway in your Screenwriting Journey...
Education Articles1. 5 Reasons To Take Online Pmp Certification Training
Author: Shakir Ali
2. Understanding Your Teenager During The High School Years
3. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Delhi/ncr
Author: vartika maurya
4. Understand The Value Of Aws Professional Level Certification
5. Prominence Of Hadoop Course Training
6. Play School Franchise From Wow Kids Provides An Opportunity To Run The School Meeting International
7. How Is Your Child’s P.q Positivity Quotient?
Author: Amites Kumar Gaurav
8. Online Quran Recitation & Reading
9. Sap Training | Sap Online Courses By Professionals From Learn It Training
Author: Venkat Reddy
10. China : The New Buzzword Among Overseas Education Consultants In India
Author: choice overseas
11. Pros Of Joining Prestigious Neet Coaching In Bhopal
Author: Pankaj Kumar
12. Selenium Web Driver Features
Author: Siyaram Ray
13. Join The Online Quran Program
14. 5 Citation Tips From Research Paper Helpers Of Uk
Author: Elijah Simpson is an academic writer
15. Why Mbbs Admission In Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth?
Author: Rakesh Shinde