ALL >> Education >> View Article
A Successful Screenwriter - What Makes A Good Story
Total Articles: 41
A SUCCESSFUL SCREENWRITER is a highly skilled literary technician, a mouthpiece for the people, A witness to the history of the day and a magician who conjures illusions for the masses. A great screenwriter is someone who holds up a mirror to a culture; who uses language as an art form to express ideas and personal convictions. Most of all, He is someone who, every day, harnesses a powerful impulse to both create and communicate.
What Makes A Good Story
The journey of the every man struggling against some insurmountable dilemma been driving plots since cave dwellers began painting their bison hunts. By ritually enacting or rehearsing human problems in an artistic realm, artists not only allow us to relive of excitement moment, they help us come up with solutions for real-life challenges. Even if your movie is populating with A List actors, a messy story line will disappoint or even anger a paying audience. They'll give it bad word of mouth and will tell their friends not to bother seeing it.
An elegant story is the writer's first priority. A story should also be time to time. This means it must relevant to today's audience and to current issues. It's important for the writer be in touch with the zeitgeist or spirit of the times. In fact, the writer must have slightly ahead of the times. Considering that it takes a few years to get a script into production after it been sold, the writer must actually have a grip on what tomorrow's mood maybe. To assure his or her place in an ever-changing market, the writer needs on the crest of the new wave of oncoming ideas.
If you see a bandwagon, stay off it. At the very least, a story needs a clearly identified main character, as well as clear outlines and themes to "hook" the audience and get their interest. We refer to these key structures as the four Ps: Plot, Protagonist, dramatic Problem and Premise.
You may not feel ready to commit to one particular idea at this point, but the discipline here is to claim what is important now as a starting point. Refine ideas as you begin to explore and understand the elements that you are committing to paper. The following exercises will help!
1. Define a concept that you would like to explore. For example, you may want to explore the idea that "Good will always overcome evil if guided by love."
2. Define a protagonist who might help you explore your premise.
3. Decide upon some problems the protagonist may have that leads him or her into struggle.
4. Define one or more obstacles that may lead the protagonist into a struggle or dilemma with one-or both-of the two key support roles.
Dear Readers, I hope this article may help you someway in your Screenwriting Journey...
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program