ALL >> Education >> View Article
A Successful Screenwriter - What Makes A Good Story
Total Articles: 41
A SUCCESSFUL SCREENWRITER is a highly skilled literary technician, a mouthpiece for the people, A witness to the history of the day and a magician who conjures illusions for the masses. A great screenwriter is someone who holds up a mirror to a culture; who uses language as an art form to express ideas and personal convictions. Most of all, He is someone who, every day, harnesses a powerful impulse to both create and communicate.
What Makes A Good Story
The journey of the every man struggling against some insurmountable dilemma been driving plots since cave dwellers began painting their bison hunts. By ritually enacting or rehearsing human problems in an artistic realm, artists not only allow us to relive of excitement moment, they help us come up with solutions for real-life challenges. Even if your movie is populating with A List actors, a messy story line will disappoint or even anger a paying audience. They'll give it bad word of mouth and will tell their friends not to bother seeing it.
An elegant story is the writer's first priority. A story should also be time to time. This means it must relevant to today's audience and to current issues. It's important for the writer be in touch with the zeitgeist or spirit of the times. In fact, the writer must have slightly ahead of the times. Considering that it takes a few years to get a script into production after it been sold, the writer must actually have a grip on what tomorrow's mood maybe. To assure his or her place in an ever-changing market, the writer needs on the crest of the new wave of oncoming ideas.
If you see a bandwagon, stay off it. At the very least, a story needs a clearly identified main character, as well as clear outlines and themes to "hook" the audience and get their interest. We refer to these key structures as the four Ps: Plot, Protagonist, dramatic Problem and Premise.
You may not feel ready to commit to one particular idea at this point, but the discipline here is to claim what is important now as a starting point. Refine ideas as you begin to explore and understand the elements that you are committing to paper. The following exercises will help!
1. Define a concept that you would like to explore. For example, you may want to explore the idea that "Good will always overcome evil if guided by love."
2. Define a protagonist who might help you explore your premise.
3. Decide upon some problems the protagonist may have that leads him or her into struggle.
4. Define one or more obstacles that may lead the protagonist into a struggle or dilemma with one-or both-of the two key support roles.
Dear Readers, I hope this article may help you someway in your Screenwriting Journey...
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy