ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Choose The Right Swimming Pool Tiles?
Total Articles: 72
Swimming pools are no longer found only in recreational clubs and hotels. Many luxury homes now have swimming pools right in their backyard. However, not everyone has the expertise to build a lasting, budget-friendly and beautiful swimming pool that can not only catch your eye but also help in your swimming laps. In this article, we will guide you to select the best tiles for your swimming pool.
Selecting the right material
The material of the swimming pool tiles determines the functionality, safety and the beauty of the pool. Some of the materials available include porcelain, ceramic, stone and glass. Most people opt for porcelain or ceramic tiles that are either smooth or coarse. It is important to select tiles that are anti-slip and anti-fungus to keep them safe for use and fresh for longer. The commonly chosen tiles for outside swimming pool are limestone, sandstone and stone finish tiles. Landscape artists and outdoor architecture stylists can explain which tiles can go with which themes.
Have you ever wondered why most swimming pool tiles are blue in color? This is because blue tiles make your swimming pool refreshing and welcoming. Moreover, the color of sky and clouds reflect easily on blue color and make your water look natural. If you are aiming for an infinity pool, then choose a darker hue of blue. If you are building a pool for the kids, use a combination of color and make a beautiful design with different colored tiles such as dolphins, elephants, fish, etc.
How to fit the tiles perfectly?
Tile fitting in swimming pool is not an easy job. DIY enthusiasts must simply stay away from it. This is because, these tiles are exposed to harsh environments, remain inundated with water for a long period of time, are susceptible to cracks and prone to mould and mildew. So it is very important to use the perfect tile fitting techniques, glues and materials. Also, all different tiles are fitted with unique methods and different materials, depending on their make, which DIY enthusiasts are not aware of. So it is advisable to leave the job to experts while fitting tiles.
Tips and tricks
- If you are looking for tiles that are easy on the pocket and don’t need much maintenance, you must opt for ceramic tiles. These tiles are beautiful but at the same time they are not very expensive and last very long.
- There are waterproofing, anti-slipping and anti-fungus considerations to take care of while building a pool. Moreover, don’t choose factory-installed tiles for your pool as they are never leveled smoothly.
- Always opt for lighter shades of color such as blue, pastel greens, yellow and lilac. This is because darker colors don’t reflect sunlight, leading to increase in the temperature of the tiles. This can cause burn injuries to visitors.
- Indicator tiles or markings must be used if you are swimming for exercise rather than leisure. These indications must be repeated after every lap.
- If budget is not a concern, then choose 3D tiles or hand painted glaze tiles that give three dimensional effect. Also are popular glass tiles that help designers create beautiful murals and artistic designs in the pool. Also make sure your pool goes with the theme of your surroundings with the use of right materials.
Pavits is a leading Vitrified Tiles( http://www.pavits.com ) manufacturers in India, offering many varities of tiles sizes, design, styles for swimming pool tiles( http://www.pavits.com/COLORATO-products.aspx ), kitchen tiles, outdoor tiles, etc.
Home and Garden Articles1. A House That Gives You Opportunity To Make The Most Out Of Living Space
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
2. The White Teak Company - The New Destination For Luxury Home Decor
3. Wardrobes In Kirti Nagar
Author: Alisha Shah
4. Luxury British Brand Furniture Collection Set To Reach Auction
5. Tips To Plan A Father’s Day Party At Home In Lilburn Ga
Author: Melinda Harris
6. Explanation On Why Furniture Stores In Perth Is Important
Author: Kai Baxter
7. 6 Key Reasons Why Limestone Is One Of The Best Building Materials
Author: Daniel Maxted
8. 11 Best Things To Do When You Are Alone
Author: Nug Brand
9. Mortgage Broker Markham
10. Sobha Chennai – Buy Luxury Apartments, Flats, Plots & Homes In Omr Porur Chennai
Author: Sobha Limited
11. How To Do Upholstery Cleaning – 5 Diy Tips
Author: Mike Aurtho
12. Landscaping – We Help You To Bring Your Imagination Into Reality
Author: Simmy Ahuja
13. Home Decor Trends You Must Know This Year
Author: Ajay Sharma
14. Smart Ways To Reduce Waste Around You
Author: Hampry Gomes
15. What’s Important To Know While Revamping Your Home
Author: Ajay Sharma