ALL >> Education >> View Article
Total Articles: 36
A good screenplay editor is worth his weight in gold. Even the best of screenplay writers need a screenplay editor. This is because all writers read what they think they have written while editing their own work. A fresh pair of eyes can perform a more thorough job of it. Screenplay editors are professionals with many years of script writing and editing experience, giving them an advantage to weed out the flaws in screenplays composed by others.
A screenplay editor reads and plans the screenplay closely to spot the minutest of aspects for potential improvement. The editor may be asked to correct the flaws or simply give a written note against each of them. 'Track Changes' feature of Microsoft Word allows for corrections to be tracked and accepted or rejected as deemed right by the screenplay writer. Other word processors have similar features that can be used by a screenplay editor who maximizes the marketability and creative potential of a screenplay.
A screenplay editor carries out a crucial role in readying the script to have it accepted by the decision makers of the film industry. Some of the aspects that the editor looks into are the theme of the screenplay, the story, the way the story is structured, scenes, conflict, pace, stakes, dialogues, believability, budget, and minor concerns such as typos, structure of the sentences, format, overall presentation, grammar etc.
The film industry is fastidious, wanting everything in perfect order before giving a green signal to a screenplay. The screenplay editor is the one who is accountable for 'pushing' the screenplay into the hands of the executives. He or she goes about the task by first fine-tooth combing the script, purging out the mistakes, rewriting, if necessary, and then presenting it to the concerned person. In other words, editors are to screenplays what spell and grammar checks are to a document.
Through the process of editing, consistent, correct, complete, and accurate screenplay is produced. The screenplay editor carries out the duties while collaborating closely with the author. The editor needs excellent human relation and creativity and ensures that the original writer adheres to the style, language, and format demanded by the film industry. The potential consequences of not hiring an editor can be quite grave for the author. He or she would be foregoing his or her chance to make an entry into the Tinsel world, come into the limelight, and earn a handsome living.
In general, editors are more involved with a script than an assessor or a consultant. Since they work is carried out in tandem with the author, they can be relied upon to narrate the story in the best possible way. They literally climb into the story, and work on the weak links, tangled bits of the narration, and are capable of working across all genres.
Education Articles1. Can You Earn Your Pennsylvania Real Estate License Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
2. Artificial Intelligence: The Next Big Thing Is Already Here
3. Why Sap Mm Become The Backbone Of Business?
Author: Vaisakh Bharaz
4. Glimpse Of The Benefits Of Security Training Program
5. Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Lawyer?
Author: Sukanta Singha
6. Essential Factors That Can Help You To Choose A Good Tuition Centre
Author: Hayden Bowden
7. Systematic Planning And Assistance Provided By Study Abroad Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
8. Best Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula.
9. Ias Coaching In Lucknow To Help The Candidates Prepare For The Most Prized Job
10. Delhi Is Fun- Seeing Delhi With Your Toddler
Author: Nitn Saini
11. How To Prepare And Crack Clat - Law Entrance Exam 2018
12. How Good Is Snap As An Mba Entrance Examination?
Author: Mohan Patil
13. Top Reasons Why Children Refuse To Go To School
Author: Ogburn Online School
14. Junit Annotations In Selenium Web Driver
Author: Siyaram Ray
15. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Chandigarh Mohali India.