ALL >> Education >> View Article
10 Tips To Improving Your Article Writing Prowess
Total Articles: 37
1. Giving up is not an option.
Giving up on writing is committing the biggest mistake ever. Think of this, you will not be able to improve your writing if you don't write at all! So even if you think you write poorly or you think you're lacking spirit, write. Keep writing.
2. Writing could be a daily thing.
It might not seem like it but this will help a lot. It's not necessary that you aim to write about something big daily. It could be something that happened to you during the day, something you've heard, or even about something that made you mad this day. There's a lot to gain from this. If you keep writing daily, you will get to be more comfortable with the writing process. You will also be able to see the progress you make every day.
3. Writing with themes can help you think.
If you feel you can't write about random stuff, there's still a solution. You can think of a theme that you can write about each day. You can write about almost anything - school events/stuff, the weather, animals, even magical creatures! This will give you an idea on how you can structure your own story based on what you want to follow. If you can't think of anything, there are story line generators that can give you some basis on what to write.
4. Sharing is always good.
Do not hesitate to share what you write. This will help you build confidence. Don't worry too much about other people not liking your work. Sharing with your friends will provide an opportunity for constructive criticism and help you improve. You can also start a blog and share your work online.
5. Blogging can help.
Writing blogs give people favorable writing practice and it can be therapeutic. You will find the public's opinion about you. You can write and still maintain anonymity to some level.
6. Being rejected is acceptable.
Don't lose your heart when your work gets rejected. Even the best literary writers have been rejected before they became known. You must keep in mind that you can never please everybody - and some will be very vocal about it. Take rejections positively, use it to improve and don't let it dampen your spirit.
7. Reading is very good.
Reading a lot of books will expose you to a lot of good writing. This will help you learn a lot of things like characterization, proper sentence structure and the difference between good and bad writing. You will find yourself forming your own opinions and help you become a good writer.
8. Finding the right structure is a big help.
Websites and even colleges offer classes to teach people on how to write well. This may include but is not limited to writing, story flow, sentence structure and characterization. Still others teach how to avoid giving out suspense and similar problems as well as teach creativity in writing.
9. Paying attention to grammar is a must.
Grammatical error is a big no, no and people will turn away from you, no matter how great a writer you are. Take the time and necessary efforts to learn good grammar and make sure that you apply it to what you've written.
10. Sticking to a niche could make you an expert.
You can play with the different fields of writing when you become good but for the meantime, it would be best if you could specialize in one particular field until you become good with it and in writing.
Education Articles1. Seeking For The Most Renowned Mba Universities In India?
Author: Zara Belstin
2. Quran Online Courses
3. 200-105 Drill Kits
Author: Jimmy Jacobson
4. Prerequisite Of Philosophy Studies
5. Understand The Chinese Language System With A Top Chinese Language Course Shanghai
Author: Michel Kern
6. Opting For A Chinese Course In Shanghai- Learn The Language Better
Author: Michel Kern
7. Sap Training In Noida
8. Best Erp Sap Abap Training Institute In Noida
Author: Nitish kumar
9. 100-105 Free Demo Material
Author: Jimmy Jacobson
10. 5 Best Ways To Shortlist A College To Study Abroad
Author: Raja A
11. Count On Ncert Exemplar Series For Exams
Author: Mark Batham
12. Rajasthan Police Constable Syllabus 2018
Author: Ram Lal
13. Improve Your Business Opportunities With Personalized Android Application Development
Author: Rohit Sharma
14. Field Trip To Egmore Railway Museum
15. Benefits Of Australian Professional Year Program In Engineering
Author: Echoes Global Education