ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Proper Care And Feeding Of Ideas
Total Articles: 38
I believe in the importance of ideas. In fact, I almost worship ideas because that's what keeps me going when I find that the first draft of my novel is going nowhere or I am at the brink of giving up.
Sometimes I get ideas at the spur of the moment and sometimes it germinates in my head, sometimes for years, until it finally blooms into a finished product.
For instance, in one novel that I am working on I had the idea for it since 2006. It morphed into different forms until I had the "aha" moment and decided that this was the shape it was going to take. It's quite interesting to see how the idea that I've had seven years ago had changed from a scribble in my writing pad to a fully completed novel with a myriad of plot twists and a substantial cast of characters.
Ideas are really important for writers for obvious reasons. Without a good idea many of the greatest novels wouldn't have been written. I would say that ideas are the seeds for future novels. I have a bad memory so I find it really helpful to jot down my ideas into a notepad or into my mobile phone since ideas often come to me in random moments.
One of the common complaints that I've heard is, "I haven't got any good ideas". Everyone has ideas. I haven't met any writer who hasn't got a good idea. Some people say it's the execution of the idea that matters. I agree with this to a point. Without a good idea, the execution might fall flat and vice versa. Ideas needs to be nourished to their full potential.
Ideas can come at any moment so it is best to be prepared. I always carry a notepad or my mobile phone around to capture that magical moment when a new idea enters my head. It's not uncommon for me to wake up in the middle of night to write down an awesome story idea. Furthermore, to nourish the idea factory that is the brain, I read and indulge in activities that I enjoy because ideas can germinate from any place or at any time. Using this method, you'll never be short of ideas. In fact, you'll be wondering if you've got enough time on earth to put down all these ideas onto paper.
To end this article, I would like to ask my readers a question. How are you feeding and caring for your ideas?
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program