ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Proper Care And Feeding Of Ideas
Total Articles: 38
I believe in the importance of ideas. In fact, I almost worship ideas because that's what keeps me going when I find that the first draft of my novel is going nowhere or I am at the brink of giving up.
Sometimes I get ideas at the spur of the moment and sometimes it germinates in my head, sometimes for years, until it finally blooms into a finished product.
For instance, in one novel that I am working on I had the idea for it since 2006. It morphed into different forms until I had the "aha" moment and decided that this was the shape it was going to take. It's quite interesting to see how the idea that I've had seven years ago had changed from a scribble in my writing pad to a fully completed novel with a myriad of plot twists and a substantial cast of characters.
Ideas are really important for writers for obvious reasons. Without a good idea many of the greatest novels wouldn't have been written. I would say that ideas are the seeds for future novels. I have a bad memory so I find it really helpful to jot down my ideas into a notepad or into my mobile phone since ideas often come to me in random moments.
One of the common complaints that I've heard is, "I haven't got any good ideas". Everyone has ideas. I haven't met any writer who hasn't got a good idea. Some people say it's the execution of the idea that matters. I agree with this to a point. Without a good idea, the execution might fall flat and vice versa. Ideas needs to be nourished to their full potential.
Ideas can come at any moment so it is best to be prepared. I always carry a notepad or my mobile phone around to capture that magical moment when a new idea enters my head. It's not uncommon for me to wake up in the middle of night to write down an awesome story idea. Furthermore, to nourish the idea factory that is the brain, I read and indulge in activities that I enjoy because ideas can germinate from any place or at any time. Using this method, you'll never be short of ideas. In fact, you'll be wondering if you've got enough time on earth to put down all these ideas onto paper.
To end this article, I would like to ask my readers a question. How are you feeding and caring for your ideas?
Education Articles1. Are You Looking For Online Tutorial For Programming?
2. Private Tuitions From Experienced And Qualified Teachers For The Student’s Development
Author: Hayden Bowden
3. The Impact Of A School On A Child’s Life
4. Documentation Required For Studying At Melbourne Is Easier With Professional Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
5. Seek Admission In Igcse Schools In Bangalore
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
6. Learning Objectives Of Itil® Foundation Training Program
7. 4 Ways To Eradicate Guitar Vacillation
Author: Almaden School of Music & Art
8. Hire A Consultant Today Far Dissertation Writing
Author: Dissertation Help
9. Dyslexia Software Goes One Click - Ghotit Dyslexia
10. What Is Digital Marketing
Author: rakesh verma
11. Sap Hana Driving Big Data Startups
12. Why We Stereotype Engineering?
Author: ponting brown
13. Why Best Educational Apps For Kids Succeeds
Author: ponting brown
14. Why It Is Important To Have A Good Digital Marketing Strategy In An Online Business
15. A Week At Homeschool