ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Proper Care And Feeding Of Ideas
Total Articles: 38
I believe in the importance of ideas. In fact, I almost worship ideas because that's what keeps me going when I find that the first draft of my novel is going nowhere or I am at the brink of giving up.
Sometimes I get ideas at the spur of the moment and sometimes it germinates in my head, sometimes for years, until it finally blooms into a finished product.
For instance, in one novel that I am working on I had the idea for it since 2006. It morphed into different forms until I had the "aha" moment and decided that this was the shape it was going to take. It's quite interesting to see how the idea that I've had seven years ago had changed from a scribble in my writing pad to a fully completed novel with a myriad of plot twists and a substantial cast of characters.
Ideas are really important for writers for obvious reasons. Without a good idea many of the greatest novels wouldn't have been written. I would say that ideas are the seeds for future novels. I have a bad memory so I find it really helpful to jot down my ideas into a notepad or into my mobile phone since ideas often come to me in random moments.
One of the common complaints that I've heard is, "I haven't got any good ideas". Everyone has ideas. I haven't met any writer who hasn't got a good idea. Some people say it's the execution of the idea that matters. I agree with this to a point. Without a good idea, the execution might fall flat and vice versa. Ideas needs to be nourished to their full potential.
Ideas can come at any moment so it is best to be prepared. I always carry a notepad or my mobile phone around to capture that magical moment when a new idea enters my head. It's not uncommon for me to wake up in the middle of night to write down an awesome story idea. Furthermore, to nourish the idea factory that is the brain, I read and indulge in activities that I enjoy because ideas can germinate from any place or at any time. Using this method, you'll never be short of ideas. In fact, you'll be wondering if you've got enough time on earth to put down all these ideas onto paper.
To end this article, I would like to ask my readers a question. How are you feeding and caring for your ideas?
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar