ALL >> Education >> View Article
5 Tips For Creating Compelling Characters
Total Articles: 38
How would you like to create compelling characters that jump off the page? Here are 5 tips that will have your fictional characters doing just that.
1. Create Compelling Characters Tip
Having something to say. That's one very important rule when it comes to writing rather it be screenwriting, novels, poems, or whatever it may be. Have something to say is very important.
2. Creating Characters For A Story Tip
Know what you want to write about before you start writing. Sure writing is a fluid process and as you write certainly characters and scenery are going to change, but you should have a basic idea of what you want to say.
A lot of novice writers sit down and starts writing even before they really know what they want to write about.
They generally have an idea or a concept but it hasn't been fully formed or flushed out. I'm not saying you must have your whole project written in your head before you start, but you should have a pretty solid outline.
3. Tips For Developing Characters
Know who you are creating. If you don't know the characters you are writing about how can you expect your readers to relate to them.
I'm not saying you need to have a full-blown biography even though that's not a bad idea, but you should have a general feel for what this person is like, where they grew up, their family situation etc.
One reason for this it makes the characters more believable and multi dimensional. It also helps in the way a character reacts to certain situations.
Our life and experiences past and present dictates our reaction to good or bad things that should also be true for your fictional characters.
4. Character Building Tips
Be open to new experiences and try to write from a place of truth. what I mean by the truth is try to add life experience when ever possible.
For example if you have one of your characters having to deal a rude bank teller at the bank or a jerk cop.
If you have ever had that experience with a police officer or bank teller use it, write that experience as your characters.
You can change the dialogue and the setting, but the experience, how you felt, your first impulse, and reaction to this are very valuable tools. You may as well use them.
5. Building Character Tips
Try and live experiences you want your characters to experience, for instance if you have a character that's a patrolman.
Go on a ride along with your local police if you can. Most police departments have programs that will allow this after a quick background check.
After that experience you'll have a feel for what a patrolman experience night after night cruising around the city looking for criminals.
That experience will allow you the ability to write with more authenticity. of course that's not possible with everything, but you get the idea.
Education Articles1. Preparation For Study Abroad Programs
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
2. Spark And Scala Training In Hyderabad
3. Tips To Finish Ailet In Time
Author: vikas choudhary
4. Why Would You Opt For Diploma Courses After Graduation?
Author: Kunal Iyar
5. Web Development Tutorials For Beginners
Author: • A Real Time Software Training Institute 100% Gu
6. How Would You Choose The Best Institute For Executive Mba In India?
Author: Bhargav Himnshu
7. Understand All The Concepts Of Statistical Analysis System
8. Life Is Best In The Engineering Colleges
Author: ponting brown
9. Photography Courses In Delhi
10. Introduction Of Jqueryui
Author: Learn web designing course in Bangalore.Infocampus
11. To Beat A Hacker, You Need To Think Like A Hacker
12. How To Choose A Quality Gmat Prep Course Online?
Author: Dhiraj Goverdhanam
13. Taking Autism Care Services For Autistic Individuals Are Very Important!
Author: The Lizard Centre
14. Online Learning - An Easy Way To Become An Oracle Certified Professional
Author: Atul Kumar
15. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur