ALL >> Education >> View Article
5 Tips For Creating Compelling Characters
Total Articles: 38
How would you like to create compelling characters that jump off the page? Here are 5 tips that will have your fictional characters doing just that.
1. Create Compelling Characters Tip
Having something to say. That's one very important rule when it comes to writing rather it be screenwriting, novels, poems, or whatever it may be. Have something to say is very important.
2. Creating Characters For A Story Tip
Know what you want to write about before you start writing. Sure writing is a fluid process and as you write certainly characters and scenery are going to change, but you should have a basic idea of what you want to say.
A lot of novice writers sit down and starts writing even before they really know what they want to write about.
They generally have an idea or a concept but it hasn't been fully formed or flushed out. I'm not saying you must have your whole project written in your head before you start, but you should have a pretty solid outline.
3. Tips For Developing Characters
Know who you are creating. If you don't know the characters you are writing about how can you expect your readers to relate to them.
I'm not saying you need to have a full-blown biography even though that's not a bad idea, but you should have a general feel for what this person is like, where they grew up, their family situation etc.
One reason for this it makes the characters more believable and multi dimensional. It also helps in the way a character reacts to certain situations.
Our life and experiences past and present dictates our reaction to good or bad things that should also be true for your fictional characters.
4. Character Building Tips
Be open to new experiences and try to write from a place of truth. what I mean by the truth is try to add life experience when ever possible.
For example if you have one of your characters having to deal a rude bank teller at the bank or a jerk cop.
If you have ever had that experience with a police officer or bank teller use it, write that experience as your characters.
You can change the dialogue and the setting, but the experience, how you felt, your first impulse, and reaction to this are very valuable tools. You may as well use them.
5. Building Character Tips
Try and live experiences you want your characters to experience, for instance if you have a character that's a patrolman.
Go on a ride along with your local police if you can. Most police departments have programs that will allow this after a quick background check.
After that experience you'll have a feel for what a patrolman experience night after night cruising around the city looking for criminals.
That experience will allow you the ability to write with more authenticity. of course that's not possible with everything, but you get the idea.
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni