ALL >> Education >> View Article
5 Tips For Creating Compelling Characters
Total Articles: 38
How would you like to create compelling characters that jump off the page? Here are 5 tips that will have your fictional characters doing just that.
1. Create Compelling Characters Tip
Having something to say. That's one very important rule when it comes to writing rather it be screenwriting, novels, poems, or whatever it may be. Have something to say is very important.
2. Creating Characters For A Story Tip
Know what you want to write about before you start writing. Sure writing is a fluid process and as you write certainly characters and scenery are going to change, but you should have a basic idea of what you want to say.
A lot of novice writers sit down and starts writing even before they really know what they want to write about.
They generally have an idea or a concept but it hasn't been fully formed or flushed out. I'm not saying you must have your whole project written in your head before you start, but you should have a pretty solid outline.
3. Tips For Developing Characters
Know who you are creating. If you don't know the characters you are writing about how can you expect your readers to relate to them.
I'm not saying you need to have a full-blown biography even though that's not a bad idea, but you should have a general feel for what this person is like, where they grew up, their family situation etc.
One reason for this it makes the characters more believable and multi dimensional. It also helps in the way a character reacts to certain situations.
Our life and experiences past and present dictates our reaction to good or bad things that should also be true for your fictional characters.
4. Character Building Tips
Be open to new experiences and try to write from a place of truth. what I mean by the truth is try to add life experience when ever possible.
For example if you have one of your characters having to deal a rude bank teller at the bank or a jerk cop.
If you have ever had that experience with a police officer or bank teller use it, write that experience as your characters.
You can change the dialogue and the setting, but the experience, how you felt, your first impulse, and reaction to this are very valuable tools. You may as well use them.
5. Building Character Tips
Try and live experiences you want your characters to experience, for instance if you have a character that's a patrolman.
Go on a ride along with your local police if you can. Most police departments have programs that will allow this after a quick background check.
After that experience you'll have a feel for what a patrolman experience night after night cruising around the city looking for criminals.
That experience will allow you the ability to write with more authenticity. of course that's not possible with everything, but you get the idea.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy