ALL >> Education >> View Article
Why Bother With Content Creation
Total Articles: 38
The first rule of content marketing is that it must not be a sales pitch.
That puts a lot of people off straight away. After all, if you can't sell your products and services through your writing, why bother?
The problem is, if you generate shed loads of content that just bangs on about how great your products or services are, people will be completely turned off your company.
But, if you give them loads of great information that teaches them something and helps them in some way, you'll draw them towards you. Even though you can't blatantly sell, you can encourage them to take a specific action.
Persuading them to sign up to your newsletter, your RSS feed, downloading your latest report or follow you on Twitter is just as valuable as money in your till, because it allows you to cultivate a strong relationship with them.
Getting them to do what you want
There's no black magic involved, all you have to do is get them to take an action by:
Playing on their fears, or
Playing on their desires
Everyone is motivated by either a problem they want to solve (a fear), or a want that will make their life better (a desire). All you have to do is convince them that your company can help them achieve what they want.
Convince them they have a serious problem or an opportunity to increase their income etc.
Counter any objections or reservations they may have
Throw them a lifeline by showing them you have the solution
Provided every piece of content satisfies these criteria, you will be one step closer to a new customer.
Offering great information that's useful tells your reader that you're a great company to deal with. You understand their issues, you are an expert in your field because you seem to have all the answers, and you're generous with your information and advice.
Who wouldn't want to deal with a company like that?
So next time you sit down to write an article, blog or social media update, think about your audience and what they're looking for. Make sure everything you write has a purpose. Although you can't sell, there's no reason why you can't have a link at the bottom of the page so they can sign up to your newsletter for regular tips, advice and nuggets of wisdom.
The main point is to get them to see you has 'the company to go to' in your field. Crack that and you're home and dry.
Education Articles1. Interior Design Course In Chennai
2. Software Testing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
3. I Owe My Success To The Top Engineering College; Jmit
Author: ponting brown
4. Pass Microsoft Dynamics 365 Mb6-895 Exam In First Attempt With Valid Mb6-895 Exam Questions
Author: Bella Henry
5. Study Mbbs In Ukraine- One-stop-place To Study Mbbs
Author: kamal sharma
6. Why 2013 Is The Year Of Php
7. Best Web Designing Tools (2018)
8. Take The Help Of College Counseling For Getting Admission Abroad
Author: Michelle andre
9. Aspiring To Study Abroad? Take Up The Pte First Before Applying For Student Visa
Author: Mia Seal
10. Engineering In Artificial Intelligence
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
11. How Pmp Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career?
12. Best Digital Marketing Course In Hyderabad
Author: sai bhargav
13. How Nbfc Companies In Mumbai Is Changing Things For Student Loan:
Author: Eduvanz provides low cost, smart loans to finance
14. Common Mistakes A Graphic Designer Must Always Avoid...
Author: pankaj singh
15. Career Scope In Animation
Author: Visual Media