ALL >> Education >> View Article
Copywriting Quiz Why Does Follow Up Matter
Total Articles: 39
I was talking to a potential new client recently and they asked me, "Why does follow up matter so much in their business?"
They run a fairly traditional selling model in their business. They generate a lead, they send them some information and then they follow up in person and try and close the sale.
I then tried to explain to them. The sales effectiveness of your business doesn't grow linearly it grows geometrically. Say you want a 50% boost in sales that means we could do any of the following:
we can pour 50% more traffic into the top of your funnel,
we can get 50% more of it to opt in.
we can close 50% more.
All three jobs would in fact meet your goal of 50% more sales.
There is only so much I can do around the traffic and the conversion rate of the squeeze page. I can do quite a lot. I can make or break a business just with the copy on the squeeze page(s - there should be multiples) and used to drive traffic. The real opportunity lies in what we do after the opt-in. Or the lead is generated.
This is where you get a genuine blank canvas. You've got permission to talk to the lead and now you have the power to control what gets sent to them, how much, in what order, at what price point.
You can build a relationship with the client. A great first step. Because the only 'thing' in business that can give you money is a customer. Therefore the only asset in business is customers.
You can choose to sell them a $10 eBook. Or a $297 mini course. Or a $2,000 'big box product.' Or even a $10,000 service. The choice is yours.
You can choose to sell them each of those sequentially. You can sell them on a subscription product.
Most internet marketers and marketers in general don't actually have the stomach to go and implement this level of sophistication - they do some equivalent of 'you need 7 auto-responder emails.' Then that is that - they either buy or they don't.
There is nothing stopping you from creating sequences selling multiple drop-down offers to those who initially didn't buy. Then there is the chance that their circumstances will change and they will have a right time to buy down the road, long after the competition's 7 autoresponders have been sent.
See how you can change a business with follow up far more radically than you can with traffic and leads?
Education Articles1. Selection Procedure Of Nda Exam
Author: Johny Gibbes
2. Study Abroad Consultants - Moving To Canada Made Easier For Students
Author: Ishita Trivedi
3. A Great Career From Six Sigma Green Belt
4. Develop Your Skills With The Help Of Instructor-free Self Learning Courses
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
5. An Overview Of Ibm Tivoli Storage Manager Along With Its Key Benefits
6. Coaching Class - 6 Ways To Excel At Coaching Class
Author: Arpita Classes
7. Why Overseas Education Consultants Became Necessary In Today’s Global Education Market?
Author: aanandita kumari
8. Top 6 It Security Certification Programs For Boost Your Career
9. 700-260 Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
10. Search For Best B.tech University In India Ends At Dehradun
Author: Graphic Era
11. Final Choice Of Best Engineering College In Uttarakhand
Author: Paul Wright
12. Using Interface We Get The Multiple Interface In Java
13. Cbse To Introduce Book Lockers!
14. Industrial Training In Webtrackker Technology
15. Why The Best Engineering College In Dehradun Is The Perfect Solution For You
Author: Graphic Era