ALL >> Education >> View Article
Copywriting Quiz Why Does Follow Up Matter
Total Articles: 39
I was talking to a potential new client recently and they asked me, "Why does follow up matter so much in their business?"
They run a fairly traditional selling model in their business. They generate a lead, they send them some information and then they follow up in person and try and close the sale.
I then tried to explain to them. The sales effectiveness of your business doesn't grow linearly it grows geometrically. Say you want a 50% boost in sales that means we could do any of the following:
we can pour 50% more traffic into the top of your funnel,
we can get 50% more of it to opt in.
we can close 50% more.
All three jobs would in fact meet your goal of 50% more sales.
There is only so much I can do around the traffic and the conversion rate of the squeeze page. I can do quite a lot. I can make or break a business just with the copy on the squeeze page(s - there should be multiples) and used to drive traffic. The real opportunity lies in what we do after the opt-in. Or the lead is generated.
This is where you get a genuine blank canvas. You've got permission to talk to the lead and now you have the power to control what gets sent to them, how much, in what order, at what price point.
You can build a relationship with the client. A great first step. Because the only 'thing' in business that can give you money is a customer. Therefore the only asset in business is customers.
You can choose to sell them a $10 eBook. Or a $297 mini course. Or a $2,000 'big box product.' Or even a $10,000 service. The choice is yours.
You can choose to sell them each of those sequentially. You can sell them on a subscription product.
Most internet marketers and marketers in general don't actually have the stomach to go and implement this level of sophistication - they do some equivalent of 'you need 7 auto-responder emails.' Then that is that - they either buy or they don't.
There is nothing stopping you from creating sequences selling multiple drop-down offers to those who initially didn't buy. Then there is the chance that their circumstances will change and they will have a right time to buy down the road, long after the competition's 7 autoresponders have been sent.
See how you can change a business with follow up far more radically than you can with traffic and leads?
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar