ALL >> Education >> View Article
Myths And Facts About Content Writing
Total Articles: 34
Everything which you witness on the web in the form of text is called 'content'. Content writing is the process of writing the content for the webpage's and blogs. In spite of being called the king of the web, there are many myths associated with content writing.
According to research held in October 1, 1997, Jacob Neilson posted list of myths and facts related to content writing. They are discussed herein below -
Myth - "Write short sentences."
Fact - It is advisable to use short sentences. But medium and long sentences are also to be used equally. There are some situations when you require lengthy explanation. Here short sentences will not work out. Therefore you can make use medium and lengthy sentences to convey the message accurately.
Myth - "People rarely read content instead they just scan the page".
Fact - It would be wrong to say that people do not read the content instead they just scan the page. People do scan the webpage until they find something of interest to them they have been looking for and skip what is irrelevant to them.
Myth - "Content is to be presented in the form of bullets to make it easily recognizable."
Fact - This is not a hard rule to use bullets every time. Use whenever they are required otherwise no webpage needs it mandatory.
Myth - "Write only meaningful headings and sub headings, not 'clever' ones."
Fact - Bold headings and sub headings make it easy for the reader to scan the content. They should be used well in relevance to the content written under them. Always use informative and descriptive headings. Titles should be such that they excite the reader. Tricky titles may result in customer dissatisfaction.
Myth - "Use of neutral rather than subjective language."
Fact - Neutral language is not a mandatory field. The language of the writing should be plain. It should not be presented in a complicated way as it will result in customer dissatisfaction.
Myth - Use one idea per paragraph, not many ideas.
Fact - It is like teaching the elementary school children how to hold the pencils. There can be many ideas in a single paragraph with the consistency between various ideas. They should maintain coherency so that the entire paragraph does not look out of way.
Myth - "Use inverted pyramid style that starts with the conclusion."
Fact - Pyramid style usually applies for news stories. There isn't any hard rule to start the writing with the conclusion. Who wants to hear the punch line before the joke?
Education Articles1. Can You Earn Your Pennsylvania Real Estate License Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
2. Artificial Intelligence: The Next Big Thing Is Already Here
3. Why Sap Mm Become The Backbone Of Business?
Author: Vaisakh Bharaz
4. Glimpse Of The Benefits Of Security Training Program
5. Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Lawyer?
Author: Sukanta Singha
6. Essential Factors That Can Help You To Choose A Good Tuition Centre
Author: Hayden Bowden
7. Systematic Planning And Assistance Provided By Study Abroad Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
8. Best Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula.
9. Ias Coaching In Lucknow To Help The Candidates Prepare For The Most Prized Job
10. Delhi Is Fun- Seeing Delhi With Your Toddler
Author: Nitn Saini
11. How To Prepare And Crack Clat - Law Entrance Exam 2018
12. How Good Is Snap As An Mba Entrance Examination?
Author: Mohan Patil
13. Top Reasons Why Children Refuse To Go To School
Author: Ogburn Online School
14. Junit Annotations In Selenium Web Driver
Author: Siyaram Ray
15. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Chandigarh Mohali India.