ALL >> Education >> View Article
3 Short Cuts To Better Post Card Mailings
Total Articles: 35
Post Card Mailings Are An Essential Media for many businesses. With confined space, they are a nightmare of a job for a copywriter to squeeze every last possibly sale out of.
That said, there are some very easy ways to boost response rates and lower acquisition costs with your post card mailings.
Use BOTH SIDES effectively. (Don't leave the back blank)
Paper and postage are expensive, ink is relatively cheap. I can't tell you the number of times I have seen post cards that leave their back side blank. It is the domain of ad agencies who don't care about response. They often have a rather Spartan front as well. Not a whole lot of copy...
Be sure to fill the entire post card with hard working copy and images that are all working towards the same goal - getting the recipient to take up your offer.
From a copywriting front this means taking a message and distilling it down and down until you have a message that fits the post card and has absolutely no slack in the copy.
A real economy of words is required.
A 'Too Good To Be True' Offer
By the time your prospects read your post card you want them to be thinking that they absolutely need to take up your offer.
Offers with real 'wow' factor can make a huge difference to response rates. There is nothing stopping your from really building up the value of your offer in the eyes of your market, either with premiums or else by explaining why your offer is so valuable.
With limited space for selling a 'too good to be true' offer can really make the difference in your response rates between mediocre to outstanding.
Respect What A post card Can Do
Post cards are very limited by space. You need to respect their limitations. They are fantastic for lead generation and for sending people back into larger more elaborate mailings/follow up so they can take in a 'full' sales message.
I have seen mailings of post cards work for making sales, but usually they have a 'too good to be true' offer and are written by pros and tested methodically. If you don't have the luxury of a big test budget or aren't a professional copywriter - respect the limitations of your post cards - stick to lead generation -driving your prospects to a free offer and following up from there and using post cards in your follow up in order to drive your prospects back into a main sales letter/book/DVD/CD.
Education Articles1. Guide For Final Year Engineering Student
Author: Ravi Gupta
2. Node Js Learning Institute In Delhi
Author: Dixit Mishra
3. Accredited And Recognized Management Institute
4. The Most Effective Method To Turn Students Into Responsible Digital Leaders
Author: Manish Ranjan
5. 4 Hidden Features In Java 9
6. Job Interview Tips: Interview Style Tips For Men And Women
7. Extremely Useful Php Tools
8. Guide To Select The Right It Training Institute For Career
Author: Smita Patel
9. What Are The Advantages Of Enrolling In A Hr Management Courses
10. Why Should Your Child Attend A Preschool In Albuquerque?
Author: Shirley Padilla
11. Java Gets Free Intellij Idea Licenses
12. How Devops Certification Is Important For Your Career
13. How Important It Is For Everyone To Enrol Into A Pte Institute
Author: Mia Seal
14. Why Should You Send Your Kid To The Child Care In Erskine Park?
Author: Katherine Harris
15. Buying Dashboard Cam Guide
Author: toni allen