ALL >> Education >> View Article
3 Short Cuts To Better Post Card Mailings
Total Articles: 35
Post Card Mailings Are An Essential Media for many businesses. With confined space, they are a nightmare of a job for a copywriter to squeeze every last possibly sale out of.
That said, there are some very easy ways to boost response rates and lower acquisition costs with your post card mailings.
Use BOTH SIDES effectively. (Don't leave the back blank)
Paper and postage are expensive, ink is relatively cheap. I can't tell you the number of times I have seen post cards that leave their back side blank. It is the domain of ad agencies who don't care about response. They often have a rather Spartan front as well. Not a whole lot of copy...
Be sure to fill the entire post card with hard working copy and images that are all working towards the same goal - getting the recipient to take up your offer.
From a copywriting front this means taking a message and distilling it down and down until you have a message that fits the post card and has absolutely no slack in the copy.
A real economy of words is required.
A 'Too Good To Be True' Offer
By the time your prospects read your post card you want them to be thinking that they absolutely need to take up your offer.
Offers with real 'wow' factor can make a huge difference to response rates. There is nothing stopping your from really building up the value of your offer in the eyes of your market, either with premiums or else by explaining why your offer is so valuable.
With limited space for selling a 'too good to be true' offer can really make the difference in your response rates between mediocre to outstanding.
Respect What A post card Can Do
Post cards are very limited by space. You need to respect their limitations. They are fantastic for lead generation and for sending people back into larger more elaborate mailings/follow up so they can take in a 'full' sales message.
I have seen mailings of post cards work for making sales, but usually they have a 'too good to be true' offer and are written by pros and tested methodically. If you don't have the luxury of a big test budget or aren't a professional copywriter - respect the limitations of your post cards - stick to lead generation -driving your prospects to a free offer and following up from there and using post cards in your follow up in order to drive your prospects back into a main sales letter/book/DVD/CD.
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away