ALL >> Education >> View Article
3 Barriers To Readership And A Cult Like Following (and Easy Sales)
Total Articles: 40
Readership (and its cousins viewership and listeners) is one of the most critical elements to successfully marketing your self, business, products and services. An ad writing legend Johan Caples said it best when he said
"If the headline doesn't stop people, the copy might as well be written in Greek."
Ogilvy's version of the same rule is "On the average, five times as many people read the headlines as read the body copy."
The reason that I start here is that your headline is the gateway into your advertising pieces. So having THE STRONGEST headline possible is a vital first step to creating readership and a cult like following.
Doesn't matter how good what you have to say is if nobody reads it.
For beginners use proven headline formulas. For those of you more advanced you should already know the principles of great headlines and be able to use them.
Take the extra time to get a headline as strong as possible.
There are barriers upstream and barriers downstream to creating a cult like following through readership.
Upstream - Getting what you have to say into the hands of those who are mostly likely to appreciate it.
Doesn't matter how good what you have to say is, if the person receiving it doesn't or isn't interested in what you have to say. Audience matters. Obama won both elections by focusing on getting his message to people that mattered: Swing voters in marginal states. He ignored the rest.
Where a small hinge could swing a big door for him, he didn't spend as heavily as in his safe states because they were that 'safe.' Get your message into the market that is most likely to respond and resonate.
Far too little emphasis is placed on this exact part of the puzzle because it is kind of boring and kind of difficult but it is absolutely vital to your ability to build and maintain readership.
Downstream - Have Something Worth Reading
Nothing destroys readership faster than being boring or not having anything worth saying. There is an old maxim in the world of copy:
"Copy can never be too long only too boring."
Be sure that what is coming out of your mouth, fingertips or wherever, is actually good. Nobody can stomach empty rhetoric for long without getting impatient, bored or disinterested. You are only a click, a button or a 'to hell with this' away from being sent to oblivion.
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar