ALL >> Education >> View Article
Building A Better Landing Page
Total Articles: 36
I remember many years ago, when I started Internet marketing, I read a lot about landing pages. But I didn't know what it meant. So I am going to start by defining it for those who are new in this world of online marketing.
A landing page is usually a single sales copy that appears when your visitor clicks a link as a result of looking for a keyword. Your prospect might have gone into a search engine like Google and typed a keyword. The search engine returns a page containing various websites that are optimized for that keyword. When you select a website, you will be landing on a page of that site, which will be the landing page. It doesn't have to be the home page of the site.
As a website owner, you're offering a product or service which needs to be marketed in a landing page and that requires a response. The purpose of such a page is to invite the reader to buy.
The sales letter landing page is designed to give the reader as little distraction as possible. That kind of page can either be short or long, but it will not contain a navigation bar because you don't want your visitor to explore somewhere else in the site. You want to keep him there, on that landing page.
What will you write on that landing page? One option, is to talk about your product and service and how great it is. But what many website owners don't know is that their visitors just don't care about their products or services.
You see, your visitor has a problem and he is looking for an answer. He's interested in his stuff, not yours. For example, your prospect doesn't want to buy software. Instead he wants a solution to improve his bookkeeping or to help him manage his business.
Your landing page should be written in such a way as to provide a solution to the problems of your visitor. It should start with a headline that asks a question. Here, you're addressing the pain of your prospect. As soon as your prospect sees the headline, he/she will know if they're on the right site or not. That helps you qualify your visitor. The following section, would be the lead.
In the lead of your landing page you should go back to the idea mentioned in the headline, then develop more about the pain. You want your prospect to see that you know their pain, you understand where they coming from, you empathize with them. Then you want to bring them into their ultimate goals. Where do they want to go? For example, more time for a vacation, or getting home earlier from work, peace of mind, etc. Then offer the solution, your product.
Education Articles1. Sas Base Training Program: A Way For Bright Career As Data Scientist
2. Attend Iit Jee Classes Regularly
Author: Arpita Classes
3. Difference Between Interface And Abstract Class In Java
4. Introduction To Cisco Ios Software
5. Everything Has A Story
Author: JBM Global School
6. Before You Pick Have A Detailed Idea About The Chinese Courses Offered
Author: Michel Kern
7. How Data Science Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
8. Why Is Operations Management Necessary For Every Business?
9. Why Do Students Prefer Studying Mbbs In Russia
Author: Nitesh Sharma
10. Opened | Redhat Rhce Certified Training And Exam In Opened | Redhat Rhcsa Certification Training In
Author: Surya R.J
11. No.1 Redhat Training And Exam Centre| Rhce Exam | Rhcsa | Rhce
Author: Surya R.J
12. Understanding The Difference Between Electronics And Electrical Engineering
Author: MIT AOE
13. 5 Reasons Behind Expensive Schooling In India
Author: Tuition India
14. How To Select The Right Digital Marketing Institute?
Author: Aditi Singh
15. Inplant Training
Author: neralya sri