ALL >> Education >> View Article
Top Tips For Writing Better Web Copy
Total Articles: 34
To entice visitors in, web copy needs to be written in a style that engages, without selling. Boasting and bragging about your services is not the same as having pride in what you do. The difference will be perfectly clear to today's demanding customers.
Far too many people write in the first person when writing their web copy and this is the first thing that makes you look biased and boastful. Write in the 3rd person where possible and try to include the direct tense of 'you' where possible. This will help readers feel you are addressing them directly rather than in a bland more impersonable impression. When you write in the first person singular or plural, it can seem like you are 'chest thumping' and that's the point where readers can easily turn away, before they have even contacted you.
Here are a few guidelines for copywriting for web to help you:
Readers of web copy do not read web pages in the way they read a book or magazine. They will scan the text. Sentences should be crisp.
Writing good content means keeping the copy concise. Be friendly and objective, without your constant bias on how good you are.
Readers will usually pick out a few sentences or parts of a sentence, often without bothering to look too hard at headers. The structure must be simple.
Write neat and readable sentences, with no over-flowery language. The copy must be written in a clear, easy to follow tone.
Avoid the temptation to write 'brochurespeak' or 'marketese' on your web copy. Stick to facts and straightforward words.
Most users like to get into a website and then get out. Waiting for downloads is boring, so are slow connections to links or graphics.
Limit each paragraph to one point and don't overstuff people with information. Write with a clear focus.
The way people feel about a website has direct impact, determining whether or not they bother to return. Inject some occasional humour.
Visitors like to read fast and prefer informal, chatty writing, rather than the slow formal stuff.
Use occasional large type, bold headings, bullet lists, captions, graphics, bold text, italics. Be creative but not flamboyant.
With possibly 80 or more e-mails a day, 20 voice mails and texts, if you can't find what you're looking for, chances are you'll give up. Write the right words for eye catching, visitor-winning web copy. You'll be amazed at the difference fresh, nicely written web copy can make to your business. Most people find they need to re-write web content regularly to update it so if it has been six months since you last looked at the words on your website, the chances are, it needs an update, some fresh thinking and input and revised conte
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away