ALL >> Education >> View Article
Some Useful Proofreading Tips For Content Writers
Total Articles: 38
Whether you are writing a blog post, an article or an email to a client, getting your content free from errors is essential. Inconsistent style elements, poor spelling, wayward grammar can adversely knock writing profession. That is where proofreading comes in. Below you will find few tips and techniques to make your proofreading process effective.
* When you start with the session of proofreading, you will make amendments as you go, so do not forget to run a spell check at the end.
* Leave what you have written for few hours and proofread it with fresh eyes and mind.
* Read your text backwards to catch spelling errors. This way you can focus on individual words rather than sentences.
* Focusing on the words is a good practice but do not neglect the punctuation. Pay attention to extra or missing commas, capitalized words and so on.
* Double check figures, facts and proper names. Do not just always rely on Wikipedia. Use more than one site for cross-reference. Do not add facts of which you are unsure.
* Read your text aloud or ask someone to read it for you. This way you may hear a faulty verb ending or a missing word that you have not been able to see before.
* Look up carefully technical terms and scientific names that you are not familiar with to make sure that you are spelling them correctly.
* Homonyms are the words that have same pronunciation or spelling but have different meanings. Be careful with their usage. Using "complement" with compliment can alter the meaning.
* Do not forget to proofread titles, headings and sub-headings. They should have content under the same name as they promised.
* At times you will find that you are habitual of making same mistakes repeatedly. Keep a track of those mistakes and work on avoiding them in future.
* Get rid of all the interruptions before you proofread. Turn off television, switch off your cell phone and stay from emails.
* Keep a check on apostrophes. People often get confuse with 'your' and 'you're', 'its' and 'it's'. Anything that can affect the credibility of the text should be avoided. It is also to be remembered that apostrophe is never used with plurals.
* It is good practice to create your own proofreading checklist of mistakes that you commonly make. Refer to that list whenever you proofread.
When you are done with above steps, do not forget to get someone else to proofread it for you. Second person can easily spot error that you might have overlooked.
Education Articles1. Preparation For Study Abroad Programs
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
2. Spark And Scala Training In Hyderabad
3. Tips To Finish Ailet In Time
Author: vikas choudhary
4. Why Would You Opt For Diploma Courses After Graduation?
Author: Kunal Iyar
5. Web Development Tutorials For Beginners
Author: • A Real Time Software Training Institute 100% Gu
6. How Would You Choose The Best Institute For Executive Mba In India?
Author: Bhargav Himnshu
7. Understand All The Concepts Of Statistical Analysis System
8. Life Is Best In The Engineering Colleges
Author: ponting brown
9. Photography Courses In Delhi
10. Introduction Of Jqueryui
Author: Learn web designing course in Bangalore.Infocampus
11. To Beat A Hacker, You Need To Think Like A Hacker
12. How To Choose A Quality Gmat Prep Course Online?
Author: Dhiraj Goverdhanam
13. Taking Autism Care Services For Autistic Individuals Are Very Important!
Author: The Lizard Centre
14. Online Learning - An Easy Way To Become An Oracle Certified Professional
Author: Atul Kumar
15. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur