ALL >> Education >> View Article
Some Useful Proofreading Tips For Content Writers
Total Articles: 38
Whether you are writing a blog post, an article or an email to a client, getting your content free from errors is essential. Inconsistent style elements, poor spelling, wayward grammar can adversely knock writing profession. That is where proofreading comes in. Below you will find few tips and techniques to make your proofreading process effective.
* When you start with the session of proofreading, you will make amendments as you go, so do not forget to run a spell check at the end.
* Leave what you have written for few hours and proofread it with fresh eyes and mind.
* Read your text backwards to catch spelling errors. This way you can focus on individual words rather than sentences.
* Focusing on the words is a good practice but do not neglect the punctuation. Pay attention to extra or missing commas, capitalized words and so on.
* Double check figures, facts and proper names. Do not just always rely on Wikipedia. Use more than one site for cross-reference. Do not add facts of which you are unsure.
* Read your text aloud or ask someone to read it for you. This way you may hear a faulty verb ending or a missing word that you have not been able to see before.
* Look up carefully technical terms and scientific names that you are not familiar with to make sure that you are spelling them correctly.
* Homonyms are the words that have same pronunciation or spelling but have different meanings. Be careful with their usage. Using "complement" with compliment can alter the meaning.
* Do not forget to proofread titles, headings and sub-headings. They should have content under the same name as they promised.
* At times you will find that you are habitual of making same mistakes repeatedly. Keep a track of those mistakes and work on avoiding them in future.
* Get rid of all the interruptions before you proofread. Turn off television, switch off your cell phone and stay from emails.
* Keep a check on apostrophes. People often get confuse with 'your' and 'you're', 'its' and 'it's'. Anything that can affect the credibility of the text should be avoided. It is also to be remembered that apostrophe is never used with plurals.
* It is good practice to create your own proofreading checklist of mistakes that you commonly make. Refer to that list whenever you proofread.
When you are done with above steps, do not forget to get someone else to proofread it for you. Second person can easily spot error that you might have overlooked.
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni