ALL >> Education >> View Article
Some Useful Proofreading Tips For Content Writers
Total Articles: 38
Whether you are writing a blog post, an article or an email to a client, getting your content free from errors is essential. Inconsistent style elements, poor spelling, wayward grammar can adversely knock writing profession. That is where proofreading comes in. Below you will find few tips and techniques to make your proofreading process effective.
* When you start with the session of proofreading, you will make amendments as you go, so do not forget to run a spell check at the end.
* Leave what you have written for few hours and proofread it with fresh eyes and mind.
* Read your text backwards to catch spelling errors. This way you can focus on individual words rather than sentences.
* Focusing on the words is a good practice but do not neglect the punctuation. Pay attention to extra or missing commas, capitalized words and so on.
* Double check figures, facts and proper names. Do not just always rely on Wikipedia. Use more than one site for cross-reference. Do not add facts of which you are unsure.
* Read your text aloud or ask someone to read it for you. This way you may hear a faulty verb ending or a missing word that you have not been able to see before.
* Look up carefully technical terms and scientific names that you are not familiar with to make sure that you are spelling them correctly.
* Homonyms are the words that have same pronunciation or spelling but have different meanings. Be careful with their usage. Using "complement" with compliment can alter the meaning.
* Do not forget to proofread titles, headings and sub-headings. They should have content under the same name as they promised.
* At times you will find that you are habitual of making same mistakes repeatedly. Keep a track of those mistakes and work on avoiding them in future.
* Get rid of all the interruptions before you proofread. Turn off television, switch off your cell phone and stay from emails.
* Keep a check on apostrophes. People often get confuse with 'your' and 'you're', 'its' and 'it's'. Anything that can affect the credibility of the text should be avoided. It is also to be remembered that apostrophe is never used with plurals.
* It is good practice to create your own proofreading checklist of mistakes that you commonly make. Refer to that list whenever you proofread.
When you are done with above steps, do not forget to get someone else to proofread it for you. Second person can easily spot error that you might have overlooked.
Education Articles1. Are You Looking For Online Tutorial For Programming?
2. Private Tuitions From Experienced And Qualified Teachers For The Student’s Development
Author: Hayden Bowden
3. The Impact Of A School On A Child’s Life
4. Documentation Required For Studying At Melbourne Is Easier With Professional Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
5. Seek Admission In Igcse Schools In Bangalore
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
6. Learning Objectives Of Itil® Foundation Training Program
7. 4 Ways To Eradicate Guitar Vacillation
Author: Almaden School of Music & Art
8. Hire A Consultant Today Far Dissertation Writing
Author: Dissertation Help
9. Dyslexia Software Goes One Click - Ghotit Dyslexia
10. What Is Digital Marketing
Author: rakesh verma
11. Sap Hana Driving Big Data Startups
12. Why We Stereotype Engineering?
Author: ponting brown
13. Why Best Educational Apps For Kids Succeeds
Author: ponting brown
14. Why It Is Important To Have A Good Digital Marketing Strategy In An Online Business
15. A Week At Homeschool