ALL >> Education >> View Article
Charmingly Written Article - Learn To Be A Good Listener
Total Articles: 39
Learn to Be A Good Listener By "Hearing" What Your Reader Is Telling You
It is easy to read something quickly and interpret it in whatever way suits you or in whatever way you read it the first time. It is also easy to read something once and not bother to re-read it.
Do You READ the Comments You Receive?
Have you received emails from someone that made it obvious that they had not even come close to reading what you had written to them? It is very frustrating.
An organization with which I am associated is guilty of this. It is so frustrating to me that I have given up emailing them and always use the 1-800 number. It is worth the wait.
In the first place, it is unlikely that the email is answered within a month, which to my mind is ridiculous. In the second place, the answer is always a "form" or "auto" response that thanks you for emailing them and goes on to say check their frequently asked questions and if you don't find what you are looking for to please send them an email and they will get back to you with an answer. I am not joking!!
This is a large, international organization. I suppose they get away with this kind of service because it is the biggest and probably one of the best of its kind. It sure has a long way to go when it comes to online service. Their website is not user-friendly either. However, that is another story. It is no end of frustration to me - not at all charming.
Understand Your Readers
Reading your readers' comments before responding to them is not a difficult task. But READ them. Do not just scan them and think that you understand what your reader is trying to say. If you are not certain what your reader is saying, respond by asking that question. Or answer and then ask if your response answered the reader's question.
Your readers will be much more likely to read your column again if you actually listen to what they are saying. As you probably know with online writing, often you do not actually have to answer your reader. One of your other readers may already have responded.
It is important that you know what your readers are saying and/or asking about.
Remember, the point is to add some charm to your article.
Education Articles1. 412-79v9 Exam
Author: Jimmy Jacobson
2. Understand The Importance Of Cbap® Training Program
3. Distance-learning, On-campus And Regular With Placement Courses
4. How To Bring About Classroom Software Control Within Purview Of Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
5. Trust Calculations
6. Step By Step Instructions To Succeed With Selenium: Open Source Test Automation Tool
Author: Siyaram Ray
7. New Data Structures In Java
Author: siyaram ray
8. Apply For An Online Help For Nursing And Engineering Project
Author: Mely Jess
9. Tibco Bw | Bw Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
10. Tibco Businessworks Development | Businessworks Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
11. How Distance Mba Can Help You Become A Better Manager?
Author: Jitendra D
12. Motivational Speech By Shiv Khera
Author: Shiv Khera
13. Raja A
Author: MBA ADMISSIONS IN INDIA
14. Improve Your Knowledge And Skill With This Mobile Repairing Course In Patna, Bihar
Author: Hi Tech Institute patna
15. Basic Ways To Obtain Excellent Backlinks That Genuinely Enhance Your Traffic
Author: Rohit Sharma