ALL >> Education >> View Article
Charmingly Written Article - Learn To Be A Good Listener
Total Articles: 39
Learn to Be A Good Listener By "Hearing" What Your Reader Is Telling You
It is easy to read something quickly and interpret it in whatever way suits you or in whatever way you read it the first time. It is also easy to read something once and not bother to re-read it.
Do You READ the Comments You Receive?
Have you received emails from someone that made it obvious that they had not even come close to reading what you had written to them? It is very frustrating.
An organization with which I am associated is guilty of this. It is so frustrating to me that I have given up emailing them and always use the 1-800 number. It is worth the wait.
In the first place, it is unlikely that the email is answered within a month, which to my mind is ridiculous. In the second place, the answer is always a "form" or "auto" response that thanks you for emailing them and goes on to say check their frequently asked questions and if you don't find what you are looking for to please send them an email and they will get back to you with an answer. I am not joking!!
This is a large, international organization. I suppose they get away with this kind of service because it is the biggest and probably one of the best of its kind. It sure has a long way to go when it comes to online service. Their website is not user-friendly either. However, that is another story. It is no end of frustration to me - not at all charming.
Understand Your Readers
Reading your readers' comments before responding to them is not a difficult task. But READ them. Do not just scan them and think that you understand what your reader is trying to say. If you are not certain what your reader is saying, respond by asking that question. Or answer and then ask if your response answered the reader's question.
Your readers will be much more likely to read your column again if you actually listen to what they are saying. As you probably know with online writing, often you do not actually have to answer your reader. One of your other readers may already have responded.
It is important that you know what your readers are saying and/or asking about.
Remember, the point is to add some charm to your article.
Education Articles1. Interior Design Course In Chennai
2. Software Testing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
3. I Owe My Success To The Top Engineering College; Jmit
Author: ponting brown
4. Pass Microsoft Dynamics 365 Mb6-895 Exam In First Attempt With Valid Mb6-895 Exam Questions
Author: Bella Henry
5. Study Mbbs In Ukraine- One-stop-place To Study Mbbs
Author: kamal sharma
6. Why 2013 Is The Year Of Php
7. Best Web Designing Tools (2018)
8. Take The Help Of College Counseling For Getting Admission Abroad
Author: Michelle andre
9. Aspiring To Study Abroad? Take Up The Pte First Before Applying For Student Visa
Author: Mia Seal
10. Engineering In Artificial Intelligence
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
11. How Pmp Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career?
12. Best Digital Marketing Course In Hyderabad
Author: sai bhargav
13. How Nbfc Companies In Mumbai Is Changing Things For Student Loan:
Author: Eduvanz provides low cost, smart loans to finance
14. Common Mistakes A Graphic Designer Must Always Avoid...
Author: pankaj singh
15. Career Scope In Animation
Author: Visual Media