ALL >> Education >> View Article
Charmingly Written Article - Learn To Be A Good Listener
Total Articles: 39
Learn to Be A Good Listener By "Hearing" What Your Reader Is Telling You
It is easy to read something quickly and interpret it in whatever way suits you or in whatever way you read it the first time. It is also easy to read something once and not bother to re-read it.
Do You READ the Comments You Receive?
Have you received emails from someone that made it obvious that they had not even come close to reading what you had written to them? It is very frustrating.
An organization with which I am associated is guilty of this. It is so frustrating to me that I have given up emailing them and always use the 1-800 number. It is worth the wait.
In the first place, it is unlikely that the email is answered within a month, which to my mind is ridiculous. In the second place, the answer is always a "form" or "auto" response that thanks you for emailing them and goes on to say check their frequently asked questions and if you don't find what you are looking for to please send them an email and they will get back to you with an answer. I am not joking!!
This is a large, international organization. I suppose they get away with this kind of service because it is the biggest and probably one of the best of its kind. It sure has a long way to go when it comes to online service. Their website is not user-friendly either. However, that is another story. It is no end of frustration to me - not at all charming.
Understand Your Readers
Reading your readers' comments before responding to them is not a difficult task. But READ them. Do not just scan them and think that you understand what your reader is trying to say. If you are not certain what your reader is saying, respond by asking that question. Or answer and then ask if your response answered the reader's question.
Your readers will be much more likely to read your column again if you actually listen to what they are saying. As you probably know with online writing, often you do not actually have to answer your reader. One of your other readers may already have responded.
It is important that you know what your readers are saying and/or asking about.
Remember, the point is to add some charm to your article.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning