ALL >> Education >> View Article
Charmingly Written Article - Learn To Be A Good Listener
Total Articles: 39
Learn to Be A Good Listener By "Hearing" What Your Reader Is Telling You
It is easy to read something quickly and interpret it in whatever way suits you or in whatever way you read it the first time. It is also easy to read something once and not bother to re-read it.
Do You READ the Comments You Receive?
Have you received emails from someone that made it obvious that they had not even come close to reading what you had written to them? It is very frustrating.
An organization with which I am associated is guilty of this. It is so frustrating to me that I have given up emailing them and always use the 1-800 number. It is worth the wait.
In the first place, it is unlikely that the email is answered within a month, which to my mind is ridiculous. In the second place, the answer is always a "form" or "auto" response that thanks you for emailing them and goes on to say check their frequently asked questions and if you don't find what you are looking for to please send them an email and they will get back to you with an answer. I am not joking!!
This is a large, international organization. I suppose they get away with this kind of service because it is the biggest and probably one of the best of its kind. It sure has a long way to go when it comes to online service. Their website is not user-friendly either. However, that is another story. It is no end of frustration to me - not at all charming.
Understand Your Readers
Reading your readers' comments before responding to them is not a difficult task. But READ them. Do not just scan them and think that you understand what your reader is trying to say. If you are not certain what your reader is saying, respond by asking that question. Or answer and then ask if your response answered the reader's question.
Your readers will be much more likely to read your column again if you actually listen to what they are saying. As you probably know with online writing, often you do not actually have to answer your reader. One of your other readers may already have responded.
It is important that you know what your readers are saying and/or asking about.
Remember, the point is to add some charm to your article.
Education Articles1. Cheap Pte Training Helps You Score Good For Immigration Or Applying To Universities Abroad
2. Microsoft Certifications Can Help You Fulfil Your Career Objectives!
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
3. Best Online Education System
Author: sana javed
4. Five Factors To Consider For Attending Microsoft Dynamics Crm Training
5. Learn Spanish Online To Avails Lots Of Advantages
Author: Foreign Classes
6. Make Your Career Bright With Aws Solution Architect Associate Training
7. J2ee Training In Chennai
8. What Is The Scope Of Python?
9. Consultants How To Determine The Interest For An Online Class
Author: Arpita Classes
10. Key Benefits Of Microsoft Dynamics Crm In On Organization
11. Institute Of Overseas Languages & Training
12. How Community-centered Experiential Learning Is Used In Mba
Author: Shoeb Mannur
13. Climb Up Your Career Ladder With Cbap Certification!
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
14. Build Career On International Level With Best Ielts Coaching Institute
Author: Harvinder Singh always provides something useful f
15. Convey Tech Labs Offering Best Online It Training In India
Author: Vivek Potnuru