ALL >> General >> View Article
Madison Aims To Ban Tobacco Use On County Property
Total Articles: 27
Madison County authorities work over seroius new rules to ban tobacco use on county properties. The idea of implementation of new tobacco policy was proposed by County Commission Chairman Dale Strong who said it should be introduced long ago. "If you come to the courthouse to get into this facility, you have to walk through a smoking court to come in to pay your taxes, to get your tag for your vehicle," he said.
Smoking is already prohibited inside county buildings but Strong asked members of the commission to spread that ban to county vehicles and outdoor zones, including the well known smokers' refuge on the porch just outside the county courthouse. Strong said that smoke comes in offices through ventilation system and blows it throughout the courthouse, therefore it is infringing on others' rights
The proposed ban touches not only cigarettes. Tobacco products, whether it's smoking, whether it's dipping, smokeless tobacco, we've had instances where employees have had other products dumped on them. We want to eliminate this. The new initiative against tobacco use received a dim reception from smokers at the courthouse.
Smoker Reighnettia Coop says it is unfair because people need to smoke, "People be nervous when they come to court and folks want to come outside and get their little couple hits in before they go in there. I'm out here smoking because I'm nervous. I need my cheap cigarettes."
In his turn, Dr. Lawrence Robey, Madison County Health Office says smoking ban is a good idea. . "One of the problems you have with second hand smoke is, yes, you can get it outside the buildings but with people standing around outside, you open the door and the air currents waft the smoke back in to the building, plus you have problems with debris and littering."
Strong admitted Madison County may be behind otherplaces such as Huntsville Hospital or the city of Huntsville, which have already prohibited tobacco use on their premises. "This is something that's already occurred in other cities, the state," he said. "We're a little delayed in getting to the process but I think it's a policy that will be good for the people of Madison County."
Strong hoped to have the rough proposal for a tobacco ban fleshed out into a concrete ordinance the county commission can consider within about 8 weeks.
General Articles1. Newport Legacy: Is The Young Generation In South Korea Obsessed To Smartphones?
2. Newport Legacy: Mobile Phone Promotion Still Strong In South Korea
3. Knowledge And Quality Identification Of Silver@mimo.su
4. Chromatic Gem Ring Into Fashion To Be Bestowed Favor On Newly Gradually@leix.su
5. How To Get Started Developing Apps For The Iphone And Ipad
6. Gum Diseases Are To Be Cured Early
Author: Shubham Sharma
7. Amazing Clothing Options To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: jhon smith
8. How To Build Own Website By Your Self
Author: Infocampus Logics Pvt Ltd
9. Biometric Locks- Advanced Lock That Help Homeowner To Surround Their Smart Homes
Author: daxx harry
10. Love Your Carpet? Here Are Some Carpet Cleaning Tips
Author: Michael Collin
11. Google Io 2018 Events Updates And Announcements
Author: Hvantage Technologies
12. Truecaller Global Name Search
Author: Amar srivastava
13. Facts You Need To Know Before Adopting Australian Kelpie
14. Tata Destination 123 Tumukur Road
Author: Mitra Shrivastava
15. Should You Eat Fortified Or Enriched Foods?
Author: Adriana Albritton is the Founder of A Fit Wellness