ALL >> Education >> View Article
Copywriting Tips - What Does Your Writing Say About You
Total Articles: 34
Copywriting should be considered the most important aspect of your online marketing success. Effective prose or the lack of it can make or break your sales and marketing efforts as quickly as your potential clients can mutter, "This really, really sucks." Your written material serves as the symbolic substitute of your voice and presence.
What does your writing say about you?
Here are a few messages that poorly written material communicates to your audience:
1. "You are greedy and desperate for sales and don't truly care about the customer"
How many times have you seen sales pages online that convey this message? These types of communications have no genuine personality, no warmth or authenticity. You can almost imagine a television presenter speaking the words as you read them, trying to pitch a product or service but without so much as the practiced enthusiasm that even a halfway decent presenter brings to the table.
2. "You don't actually exist, other than as a vaguely constructed persona."
You might have a great product or service to sell but if you aren't putting some of your personal story into your material you are missing a major ingredient to success. That ingredient is "Trust." Your audience needs to connect to you on some level, emotionally, spiritually, intellectually or even by just simply sharing a common experience. You connect with your audience by sharing your story with them.
You don't need to offer up your complete life history but at least share some part of who you are. This goes a long way in establishing credibility and allowing your audience to believe and trust in what you are saying. How many effective sales pages start with the author explaining a problem they had and how this problem frustrated them?
The problem could be anything from fixing a computer to finding the right relationship, the subject doesn't really matter. What matters is the author shared the problem with you and shared how it made them feel to have that problem. They shared their story and it helped connect you to the writer, it helped build a level of trust, chances are you felt the same frustrations as the author, you could relate, had similar experiences. This is why it is so important to share your story with your readers.
These are just two of the messages that poorly constructed copy sends to your audience. There are many more and I will discuss them in future articles. For now just remember to share your story, build trust, build a connection to your reader and let them know you consist of more than just an empty sales pitch, that you have real value to offer them. Have these ideas in the back of your mind when you are writing and see how they transform your prose into words that more effectively move your audience to take action.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning