ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Pitfalls A Web Content Writer Should Avoid
Total Articles: 40
The ever-growing number of websites populating the internet has spawned a huge demand for web content writers. This has resulted in several online professional content writing firms setting up shop. Though all these professionals claim to offer high quality services, the fact is that writing great content is not everyone's cup of tea.
If you want to be appreciated as a good web content writer, you should learn about the key SEO and other technical factors that should be kept in mind while writing. And also make sure to avoid some of the usual pitfalls that include -
* Plagiarizing content - Copying from the existing content is a big no. Given the amount of information out there on the net on every imaginable topic, it may not be very easy to find new things to say. Still, you should try to show originality and add your own perspective on the subject to come up with fresh and impressive content.
* Prioritizing quantity over quality - Focusing more on the number of words written than on the quality of those words should be avoided at all costs. Too often, in the pursuit of higher output, writers deliver low quality content that fails to fulfill the purpose it was written for.
* Not delivering on the promise made by the title - When the search engines direct web users to a site, they come in with specific informational needs. They will stay on the site only if these needs are fulfilled. The very first thing the readers read in an article is its title, which is supposed to give them an idea of the material that is to follow. If your content does not deliver on this promise, they won't hesitate in moving off your site to another information source.
* Making grammatical mistakes - Spelling, punctuation and other grammatical errors in the content convey a very unprofessional impression about the writer as well the site the material is published on. The readers are likely to find the content and the website unreliable.
* Not being location-specific while writing - For best results, it is advisable to adopt the local dialect while writing the web content. Every country follows some spelling conventions or shows preference for certain words. If you want to be a successful content writer, you should not ignore such subtleties.
* Not focusing on the audience - The writer should write for the targeted audience, not for self gratification. You don't need to prove the superiority of your writing skills or display your vocabulary by using heavy and complicated words. The readers will be more impressed if the content is well-written and is in an easy to understand language.
* Not structuring the article well - To sustain the interest of your readers, do pay attention to the structuring of your article. Keep its length reasonable, break it up into small paragraphs, and include suitable headings and bullet points to make the piece easy to read.
When we talk about attracting web traffic to any site, content is regarded as 'the king'. However, to actually be the most powerful factor in increasing a website's popularity, the content should be written by someone who follows all the essential content writing rules and practices.
Education Articles1. 412-79v9 Exam
Author: Jimmy Jacobson
2. Understand The Importance Of Cbap® Training Program
3. Distance-learning, On-campus And Regular With Placement Courses
4. How To Bring About Classroom Software Control Within Purview Of Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
5. Trust Calculations
6. Step By Step Instructions To Succeed With Selenium: Open Source Test Automation Tool
Author: Siyaram Ray
7. New Data Structures In Java
Author: siyaram ray
8. Apply For An Online Help For Nursing And Engineering Project
Author: Mely Jess
9. Tibco Bw | Bw Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
10. Tibco Businessworks Development | Businessworks Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
11. How Distance Mba Can Help You Become A Better Manager?
Author: Jitendra D
12. Motivational Speech By Shiv Khera
Author: Shiv Khera
13. Raja A
Author: MBA ADMISSIONS IN INDIA
14. Improve Your Knowledge And Skill With This Mobile Repairing Course In Patna, Bihar
Author: Hi Tech Institute patna
15. Basic Ways To Obtain Excellent Backlinks That Genuinely Enhance Your Traffic
Author: Rohit Sharma