ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Skills Needed To Be A Good Content Writer
Total Articles: 37
Numerous individuals scoff at content writing, equating it to a simple undertaking, whereupon in actuality it is significantly more challenging and meticulous than any activity in the search engine optimization process. Concerning the creation of web sites, a standout among almost all significant viewpoints is the written content shown on the site's page, since it is the primary depiction of the business which owns the website.
Becoming a good content writer is not exactly an overnight process, since the complete development of the skills required to be a competent content writer happens over time. It is an intensely repetitive and boring job, requiring minimal creativity since the focus is on creating the kind of content required by the client, as per the stated brief. The two most valued skills required of a professional content writer are article accuracy and typing speed.
Information technology is bent on making information accessible to almost everyone with access to a smart phone, a laptop or any device which can connect to the internet. However, this has had the unavoidable side effect of rapidly dwindling attention spans, since users can now access the exact content they are looking for, discarding all irrelevant information. This means that the probability of a reader actually reading the entire contents of an article is virtually zero. Readers nowadays scan the information for any key words or phrases relevant to what they are searching for, thus skipping the rest.
To become an effective content writer, developing the following skill sets is a quickly becoming a necessity -
* Research - Content needs to be accurate. Misrepresentation of facts can lead to a lot of problems, the smallest of them being the discrediting of the author as a reliable source of information. All the facts stated in the content must be duly verified and up to date. No one wants to read an article which reads like it was written by someone out of touch with current realities.
* Original - Many used to believe that with digital information technology, automated copying and pasting of content from other sources would suffice. Newer search engine optimization algorithms severely penalize plagiarism in an attempt to reduce the redundancy of information on the internet. The article written should ideally be an unbiased and fact-based article which is informative for the reader.
* Brevity - Using a thousand words to say what can be said in a hundred, often means you are wasting valuable space which can be used to effectively deliver more information to the reader. Creating information-rich and creative content leads to better search engine optimization.
Following the above mentioned guidelines will help potential content writers develop the kind of skills they need to excel in the world of search engine optimization content writing.
Education Articles1. Are You Looking For Online Tutorial For Programming?
2. Private Tuitions From Experienced And Qualified Teachers For The Student’s Development
Author: Hayden Bowden
3. The Impact Of A School On A Child’s Life
4. Documentation Required For Studying At Melbourne Is Easier With Professional Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
5. Seek Admission In Igcse Schools In Bangalore
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
6. Learning Objectives Of Itil® Foundation Training Program
7. 4 Ways To Eradicate Guitar Vacillation
Author: Almaden School of Music & Art
8. Hire A Consultant Today Far Dissertation Writing
Author: Dissertation Help
9. Dyslexia Software Goes One Click - Ghotit Dyslexia
10. What Is Digital Marketing
Author: rakesh verma
11. Sap Hana Driving Big Data Startups
12. Why We Stereotype Engineering?
Author: ponting brown
13. Why Best Educational Apps For Kids Succeeds
Author: ponting brown
14. Why It Is Important To Have A Good Digital Marketing Strategy In An Online Business
15. A Week At Homeschool