ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Skills Needed To Be A Good Content Writer
Total Articles: 37
Numerous individuals scoff at content writing, equating it to a simple undertaking, whereupon in actuality it is significantly more challenging and meticulous than any activity in the search engine optimization process. Concerning the creation of web sites, a standout among almost all significant viewpoints is the written content shown on the site's page, since it is the primary depiction of the business which owns the website.
Becoming a good content writer is not exactly an overnight process, since the complete development of the skills required to be a competent content writer happens over time. It is an intensely repetitive and boring job, requiring minimal creativity since the focus is on creating the kind of content required by the client, as per the stated brief. The two most valued skills required of a professional content writer are article accuracy and typing speed.
Information technology is bent on making information accessible to almost everyone with access to a smart phone, a laptop or any device which can connect to the internet. However, this has had the unavoidable side effect of rapidly dwindling attention spans, since users can now access the exact content they are looking for, discarding all irrelevant information. This means that the probability of a reader actually reading the entire contents of an article is virtually zero. Readers nowadays scan the information for any key words or phrases relevant to what they are searching for, thus skipping the rest.
To become an effective content writer, developing the following skill sets is a quickly becoming a necessity -
* Research - Content needs to be accurate. Misrepresentation of facts can lead to a lot of problems, the smallest of them being the discrediting of the author as a reliable source of information. All the facts stated in the content must be duly verified and up to date. No one wants to read an article which reads like it was written by someone out of touch with current realities.
* Original - Many used to believe that with digital information technology, automated copying and pasting of content from other sources would suffice. Newer search engine optimization algorithms severely penalize plagiarism in an attempt to reduce the redundancy of information on the internet. The article written should ideally be an unbiased and fact-based article which is informative for the reader.
* Brevity - Using a thousand words to say what can be said in a hundred, often means you are wasting valuable space which can be used to effectively deliver more information to the reader. Creating information-rich and creative content leads to better search engine optimization.
Following the above mentioned guidelines will help potential content writers develop the kind of skills they need to excel in the world of search engine optimization content writing.
Education Articles1. Schools In Sohna Road, Gurgaon: A Smart Choice For Kids
Author: Abhinav Singh
2. Know What It Takes To Become A Good Pole Dancing Teacher
Author: Dee Heath
3. The Future Scope Of Ios App Development
4. Why Java Se Is A Good Choice For Implementing Real-time Systems
5. Chinese Language: Scope And Career Opportunities
Author: sifil symbiosis
6. Learn How To Judge The Best B-school For Yourself!
Author: Sukanta Singha
7. Discover The Spirit Of Design At Avantika University
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
8. How To Use Technology For Development Of Your Kid Without Turning It Into Bane?
Author: Shivangi Joshi
9. Instant Success 1y0-340 Exam With Valid 1y0-340 Questions Dumps 2018
Author: Jessica Fay
10. Learning Objectives Of R Programming Training
11. Early Learning Center And Its Role In Childhood Education
Author: Kelly Reed
12. Java Programming Language, Platforms, Java Virtual Machine, Jvm Without Java
13. Architecture Of Search Engine
Author: gagan deep ahik
14. Tlshs-degree Course In Hotel Management
15. Which College Is Best For An Mba/pgdm Among Itm Bangalore Or Iba Bangalore?
Author: sujatha Reddy