ALL >> Education >> View Article
Beginner's Guide To Writing Fantasy Novels
Total Articles: 41
Your passion to create what you love has drawn you to fantasy writing. Because you love reading fantasy fiction, you want to truly become part of the genre and contribute to it. As a beginner fantasy writer, you are looking for advice and tips. I started writing fantasy novels in 1997 and never stopped. My helpful fantasy writing tips are born of experience.
Decide How Your Story Ends
My basic writing advice regardless of what you are writing is to have an end in mind. Everyone likes to focus on how to start a story, which is important, but people remember endings. The ending makes the book. To craft the best fantasy story you can, it is best to have a goal that you are working toward. A meandering plot that can't find the sea and ends in a swamp will frustrate you and everyone else.
What Are the Characters Like?
Next it is important to think about what kind of characters you want to create. Are you going to play with familiar types like the mysterious ranger, a farm boy being raised by his aunt and uncle, and the grouchy old mentor who does not answer questions? Or are you going to experiment outside of stereotypical fantasy characters. Likely you will do some of both. Readers like fresh faces and familiar ones that please them.
Give Structure to Your Magical System
All fantasies have some kind of magic. For the sake of consistency, you will need to develop some rules for your magic system so you will know how to weave it into your story. What are the powers? What are the limits of those powers? Does one have to be born with the power or can it be learned? To keep your fantasy writing on track, you need to decide what kind of equipment is on your playground.
Fantasy Writing is a Multi Stage Process
Remember your first draft is where you hash out ideas and get to know your characters. Even after you complete the novel, this first draft is not ready for publication. It's the framework filled in with all your inspirations. Now you need to read it. And edit it. And often rewrite it in places or perhaps entirely. There are many stages of polishing your fantasy writing after you complete the first draft. Keep going.
Writing fantasy is a craft. People love stories so create one they can like. As you write, take joy in the process. You love the fantasy genre. Let that feeling shine through.
Education Articles1. Selection Procedure Of Nda Exam
Author: Johny Gibbes
2. Study Abroad Consultants - Moving To Canada Made Easier For Students
Author: Ishita Trivedi
3. A Great Career From Six Sigma Green Belt
4. Develop Your Skills With The Help Of Instructor-free Self Learning Courses
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
5. An Overview Of Ibm Tivoli Storage Manager Along With Its Key Benefits
6. Coaching Class - 6 Ways To Excel At Coaching Class
Author: Arpita Classes
7. Why Overseas Education Consultants Became Necessary In Today’s Global Education Market?
Author: aanandita kumari
8. Top 6 It Security Certification Programs For Boost Your Career
9. 700-260 Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
10. Search For Best B.tech University In India Ends At Dehradun
Author: Graphic Era
11. Final Choice Of Best Engineering College In Uttarakhand
Author: Paul Wright
12. Using Interface We Get The Multiple Interface In Java
13. Cbse To Introduce Book Lockers!
14. Industrial Training In Webtrackker Technology
15. Why The Best Engineering College In Dehradun Is The Perfect Solution For You
Author: Graphic Era