ALL >> Education >> View Article
Beginner's Guide To Writing Fantasy Novels
Total Articles: 41
Your passion to create what you love has drawn you to fantasy writing. Because you love reading fantasy fiction, you want to truly become part of the genre and contribute to it. As a beginner fantasy writer, you are looking for advice and tips. I started writing fantasy novels in 1997 and never stopped. My helpful fantasy writing tips are born of experience.
Decide How Your Story Ends
My basic writing advice regardless of what you are writing is to have an end in mind. Everyone likes to focus on how to start a story, which is important, but people remember endings. The ending makes the book. To craft the best fantasy story you can, it is best to have a goal that you are working toward. A meandering plot that can't find the sea and ends in a swamp will frustrate you and everyone else.
What Are the Characters Like?
Next it is important to think about what kind of characters you want to create. Are you going to play with familiar types like the mysterious ranger, a farm boy being raised by his aunt and uncle, and the grouchy old mentor who does not answer questions? Or are you going to experiment outside of stereotypical fantasy characters. Likely you will do some of both. Readers like fresh faces and familiar ones that please them.
Give Structure to Your Magical System
All fantasies have some kind of magic. For the sake of consistency, you will need to develop some rules for your magic system so you will know how to weave it into your story. What are the powers? What are the limits of those powers? Does one have to be born with the power or can it be learned? To keep your fantasy writing on track, you need to decide what kind of equipment is on your playground.
Fantasy Writing is a Multi Stage Process
Remember your first draft is where you hash out ideas and get to know your characters. Even after you complete the novel, this first draft is not ready for publication. It's the framework filled in with all your inspirations. Now you need to read it. And edit it. And often rewrite it in places or perhaps entirely. There are many stages of polishing your fantasy writing after you complete the first draft. Keep going.
Writing fantasy is a craft. People love stories so create one they can like. As you write, take joy in the process. You love the fantasy genre. Let that feeling shine through.
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar