ALL >> Education >> View Article
Beginner's Guide To Writing Fantasy Novels
Total Articles: 41
Your passion to create what you love has drawn you to fantasy writing. Because you love reading fantasy fiction, you want to truly become part of the genre and contribute to it. As a beginner fantasy writer, you are looking for advice and tips. I started writing fantasy novels in 1997 and never stopped. My helpful fantasy writing tips are born of experience.
Decide How Your Story Ends
My basic writing advice regardless of what you are writing is to have an end in mind. Everyone likes to focus on how to start a story, which is important, but people remember endings. The ending makes the book. To craft the best fantasy story you can, it is best to have a goal that you are working toward. A meandering plot that can't find the sea and ends in a swamp will frustrate you and everyone else.
What Are the Characters Like?
Next it is important to think about what kind of characters you want to create. Are you going to play with familiar types like the mysterious ranger, a farm boy being raised by his aunt and uncle, and the grouchy old mentor who does not answer questions? Or are you going to experiment outside of stereotypical fantasy characters. Likely you will do some of both. Readers like fresh faces and familiar ones that please them.
Give Structure to Your Magical System
All fantasies have some kind of magic. For the sake of consistency, you will need to develop some rules for your magic system so you will know how to weave it into your story. What are the powers? What are the limits of those powers? Does one have to be born with the power or can it be learned? To keep your fantasy writing on track, you need to decide what kind of equipment is on your playground.
Fantasy Writing is a Multi Stage Process
Remember your first draft is where you hash out ideas and get to know your characters. Even after you complete the novel, this first draft is not ready for publication. It's the framework filled in with all your inspirations. Now you need to read it. And edit it. And often rewrite it in places or perhaps entirely. There are many stages of polishing your fantasy writing after you complete the first draft. Keep going.
Writing fantasy is a craft. People love stories so create one they can like. As you write, take joy in the process. You love the fantasy genre. Let that feeling shine through.
Education Articles1. Interior Design Course In Chennai
2. Software Testing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
3. I Owe My Success To The Top Engineering College; Jmit
Author: ponting brown
4. Pass Microsoft Dynamics 365 Mb6-895 Exam In First Attempt With Valid Mb6-895 Exam Questions
Author: Bella Henry
5. Study Mbbs In Ukraine- One-stop-place To Study Mbbs
Author: kamal sharma
6. Why 2013 Is The Year Of Php
7. Best Web Designing Tools (2018)
8. Take The Help Of College Counseling For Getting Admission Abroad
Author: Michelle andre
9. Aspiring To Study Abroad? Take Up The Pte First Before Applying For Student Visa
Author: Mia Seal
10. Engineering In Artificial Intelligence
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
11. How Pmp Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career?
12. Best Digital Marketing Course In Hyderabad
Author: sai bhargav
13. How Nbfc Companies In Mumbai Is Changing Things For Student Loan:
Author: Eduvanz provides low cost, smart loans to finance
14. Common Mistakes A Graphic Designer Must Always Avoid...
Author: pankaj singh
15. Career Scope In Animation
Author: Visual Media