ALL >> Education >> View Article
Marketing Malpractice 3 Mistakes Marketers Make That Copywriters Hate (all Of Us)
Total Articles: 35
When copywriters gather they often talk about client horror stories. Its our answer to gossip. Who's being good, who's being bad.
There are three pretty common forms of marketing malpractice that drive us all nuts. Now the truth of it is that this malpractice also sabotages our clients' chances of results, since we are tightly linked to the performance of their marketing.
I mean, we can't point the finger at someone else and say 'that didn't work because of them' very often, but there are certainly ways to undermine our effectiveness.
Marketing Malpractice #1: Not Implementing Fully
Implementation equals results. The best paid business owners are the ones who know how to get things done for maximum effectiveness. Now I've had clients agree to projects and then half way through not even be willing to get them completed.
Then for some reason they choose to blame me. I look at it as my fault for bad client selection, but sometimes you can't foresee this happening. So if you are going to work with someone, see it through from beginning to end, otherwise don't start. I've got other projects I can work on that will actually put more money in my pocket.
There is a reason why the scope is what it is when we started. Conversion of people from traffic, to leads, to customers is complex and involved.
Marketing Malpractice #2: Being a 'part time' copywriter.
I have no qualms with people suggesting improvements to copy - doesn't matter where the good idea comes from is my motto. But when clients start to tinker with copy for the sake of needing to feel like they've done it themselves drives me nuts, especially when what they produce is worse than what I originally came up with.
Know your own limitations - and be prepared to stand behind your results in a split test against the original. I'll swallow my pride if what your produce wins but only then.
Marketing Malpractice #3: Using Bad Lists, Poor Traffic And More.
For some reason best known to the dark gods, marketers and business owners get really lazy the moment they have to go and find high value prospects to market to. They get lazy, in the quality of the traffic they send to the copy. Be it landing pages, Google ads, direct mail or anything else to generate new leads.
Most of the magic of response comes from getting your message to the right people. It's the single most important task in marketing, right after having something worthwhile to say to them. I've seen 'general business copy' tweaked for a niche and sent only to that niche. The response rate '5Xed'
Take the time to get the your marketing to the right people. It is the most critical form of marketing malpractice.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning