ALL >> Education >> View Article
Charmingly Written Article 7, Once Online You Cannot Take It Back
Total Articles: 38
Once online, you can not take it back.
In our electronic world, that goes beyond the written word. We all know that. Just look at the videos that go viral on You Tube or the hasty comments made on Twitter that people wish had not been posted.
Would you want your children looking at YouTube videos of you and your friends when you were a teenager?
When I think back over my own life and think of the times I have said things to people that I regret having said, I am so thankful that I did not write those things down for the world to see. At least those words are known to only a select few and, hopefully, long forgotten. I shudder to think what might have happened if some of the "growing up antics" that my friends and I were involved in showed up on YouTube for my children to look back on as they grew up.
Privacy in our world is an illusion. However, we still have an expectation of privacy. We still write things, take pictures of things, and say things that we think no one will ever see or find out about. We still want to trust each other, which is a good thing. However, when someone breaks that trust, it is a crushing and often a humiliating experience. Even more so today when more people can know about it globally within moments.
Prospective Employers Search for Information Online.
Did you know that prospective employers look on your Facebook, MySpace or other social media pages to find out more about you? Really? That is an invasion of privacy is it not? Well, supposedly you have to give them permission to access your site - friend them on Facebook, etc. - but there are ways that they can find their way on to your page without your permission. And if you are in any kind of trouble with the police or if you are trying to hide from anyone - well, do not even think about being involved in social media. Apparently, people do not have to be very technically savvy to find you.
The bottom line is be very careful what you write, how you write it and make sure you are not going to get yourself into hot water when you write it! You really do not want to come out looking like the lobster!
Think about all of this when you write and remember to add some charm to your blog!
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy