ALL >> Education >> View Article
Charmingly Written Article 7, Once Online You Cannot Take It Back
Total Articles: 38
Once online, you can not take it back.
In our electronic world, that goes beyond the written word. We all know that. Just look at the videos that go viral on You Tube or the hasty comments made on Twitter that people wish had not been posted.
Would you want your children looking at YouTube videos of you and your friends when you were a teenager?
When I think back over my own life and think of the times I have said things to people that I regret having said, I am so thankful that I did not write those things down for the world to see. At least those words are known to only a select few and, hopefully, long forgotten. I shudder to think what might have happened if some of the "growing up antics" that my friends and I were involved in showed up on YouTube for my children to look back on as they grew up.
Privacy in our world is an illusion. However, we still have an expectation of privacy. We still write things, take pictures of things, and say things that we think no one will ever see or find out about. We still want to trust each other, which is a good thing. However, when someone breaks that trust, it is a crushing and often a humiliating experience. Even more so today when more people can know about it globally within moments.
Prospective Employers Search for Information Online.
Did you know that prospective employers look on your Facebook, MySpace or other social media pages to find out more about you? Really? That is an invasion of privacy is it not? Well, supposedly you have to give them permission to access your site - friend them on Facebook, etc. - but there are ways that they can find their way on to your page without your permission. And if you are in any kind of trouble with the police or if you are trying to hide from anyone - well, do not even think about being involved in social media. Apparently, people do not have to be very technically savvy to find you.
The bottom line is be very careful what you write, how you write it and make sure you are not going to get yourself into hot water when you write it! You really do not want to come out looking like the lobster!
Think about all of this when you write and remember to add some charm to your blog!
Education Articles1. Preparation For Study Abroad Programs
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
2. Spark And Scala Training In Hyderabad
3. Tips To Finish Ailet In Time
Author: vikas choudhary
4. Why Would You Opt For Diploma Courses After Graduation?
Author: Kunal Iyar
5. Web Development Tutorials For Beginners
Author: • A Real Time Software Training Institute 100% Gu
6. How Would You Choose The Best Institute For Executive Mba In India?
Author: Bhargav Himnshu
7. Understand All The Concepts Of Statistical Analysis System
8. Life Is Best In The Engineering Colleges
Author: ponting brown
9. Photography Courses In Delhi
10. Introduction Of Jqueryui
Author: Learn web designing course in Bangalore.Infocampus
11. To Beat A Hacker, You Need To Think Like A Hacker
12. How To Choose A Quality Gmat Prep Course Online?
Author: Dhiraj Goverdhanam
13. Taking Autism Care Services For Autistic Individuals Are Very Important!
Author: The Lizard Centre
14. Online Learning - An Easy Way To Become An Oracle Certified Professional
Author: Atul Kumar
15. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur