ALL >> Education >> View Article
Charmingly Written Article 7, Once Online You Cannot Take It Back
Total Articles: 38
Once online, you can not take it back.
In our electronic world, that goes beyond the written word. We all know that. Just look at the videos that go viral on You Tube or the hasty comments made on Twitter that people wish had not been posted.
Would you want your children looking at YouTube videos of you and your friends when you were a teenager?
When I think back over my own life and think of the times I have said things to people that I regret having said, I am so thankful that I did not write those things down for the world to see. At least those words are known to only a select few and, hopefully, long forgotten. I shudder to think what might have happened if some of the "growing up antics" that my friends and I were involved in showed up on YouTube for my children to look back on as they grew up.
Privacy in our world is an illusion. However, we still have an expectation of privacy. We still write things, take pictures of things, and say things that we think no one will ever see or find out about. We still want to trust each other, which is a good thing. However, when someone breaks that trust, it is a crushing and often a humiliating experience. Even more so today when more people can know about it globally within moments.
Prospective Employers Search for Information Online.
Did you know that prospective employers look on your Facebook, MySpace or other social media pages to find out more about you? Really? That is an invasion of privacy is it not? Well, supposedly you have to give them permission to access your site - friend them on Facebook, etc. - but there are ways that they can find their way on to your page without your permission. And if you are in any kind of trouble with the police or if you are trying to hide from anyone - well, do not even think about being involved in social media. Apparently, people do not have to be very technically savvy to find you.
The bottom line is be very careful what you write, how you write it and make sure you are not going to get yourself into hot water when you write it! You really do not want to come out looking like the lobster!
Think about all of this when you write and remember to add some charm to your blog!
Education Articles1. Are You Looking For Online Tutorial For Programming?
2. Private Tuitions From Experienced And Qualified Teachers For The Student’s Development
Author: Hayden Bowden
3. The Impact Of A School On A Child’s Life
4. Documentation Required For Studying At Melbourne Is Easier With Professional Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
5. Seek Admission In Igcse Schools In Bangalore
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
6. Learning Objectives Of Itil® Foundation Training Program
7. 4 Ways To Eradicate Guitar Vacillation
Author: Almaden School of Music & Art
8. Hire A Consultant Today Far Dissertation Writing
Author: Dissertation Help
9. Dyslexia Software Goes One Click - Ghotit Dyslexia
10. What Is Digital Marketing
Author: rakesh verma
11. Sap Hana Driving Big Data Startups
12. Why We Stereotype Engineering?
Author: ponting brown
13. Why Best Educational Apps For Kids Succeeds
Author: ponting brown
14. Why It Is Important To Have A Good Digital Marketing Strategy In An Online Business
15. A Week At Homeschool