ALL >> Education >> View Article
Charmingly Written Article 7, Once Online You Cannot Take It Back
Total Articles: 38
Once online, you can not take it back.
In our electronic world, that goes beyond the written word. We all know that. Just look at the videos that go viral on You Tube or the hasty comments made on Twitter that people wish had not been posted.
Would you want your children looking at YouTube videos of you and your friends when you were a teenager?
When I think back over my own life and think of the times I have said things to people that I regret having said, I am so thankful that I did not write those things down for the world to see. At least those words are known to only a select few and, hopefully, long forgotten. I shudder to think what might have happened if some of the "growing up antics" that my friends and I were involved in showed up on YouTube for my children to look back on as they grew up.
Privacy in our world is an illusion. However, we still have an expectation of privacy. We still write things, take pictures of things, and say things that we think no one will ever see or find out about. We still want to trust each other, which is a good thing. However, when someone breaks that trust, it is a crushing and often a humiliating experience. Even more so today when more people can know about it globally within moments.
Prospective Employers Search for Information Online.
Did you know that prospective employers look on your Facebook, MySpace or other social media pages to find out more about you? Really? That is an invasion of privacy is it not? Well, supposedly you have to give them permission to access your site - friend them on Facebook, etc. - but there are ways that they can find their way on to your page without your permission. And if you are in any kind of trouble with the police or if you are trying to hide from anyone - well, do not even think about being involved in social media. Apparently, people do not have to be very technically savvy to find you.
The bottom line is be very careful what you write, how you write it and make sure you are not going to get yourself into hot water when you write it! You really do not want to come out looking like the lobster!
Think about all of this when you write and remember to add some charm to your blog!
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni