ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Tips To Train And Bond With Your Dog
Total Articles: 184
You adore your dog, but you also like the items you own. Unfortunately, he does not appreciate things like you do. If something looks like a tasty chew toy, it will probably get chewed. This article will give you advice on how to prevent your dog from chewing on things.
You should develop a feeding routine with your dog. He has to know when the food will arrive and it should be on schedule, but he also needs to know when the food will be removed again. Your dog will quickly finish their meal before you remove their dish.
Make sure that there is a calm environment in the room where your dog is. Play time is beneficial to your dog, however, you need to teach your dog to be calm as you enter any room. Try to ignore your dog when your first enter the room because this will help to keep them calm and reinforce that you are in control.
Do not tie up your dogs too closely. The chain of one dog could become wrapped around the other and, as the dogs struggle to free themselves, one or both could be injured. A larger dog could cause a tangle so bad that the smaller dog could be choked by the leash.
Your dog must respect you in order for training to work. Your dog must understand that you're in control, so that he knows to obey and respect you. Always walk ahead of your dog when you go on walks, as this establishes that you hold a position of leadership.
Always have a treat for rewarding your dog. You want to teach your pooch that good behavior is beneficial. Doing so makes your dog learn what he can and can't do.
You do not want to over-stress your new pup by trying to teach him too much too quickly. Puppies have short attention spans and don't focus well, so make sure to keep your training sessions short, but as positive as you can. You want to end the session on a positive note; if you push too hard, he will end up dreading your training sessions.
Leash training starts with putting a collar on your puppy while you play. It is imperative that the puppy become comfortable with his collar. This will allow for using a leash correctly and allow for ID tags for the pup should it wander.
Your dog will be easier to train if you are careful to avoid letting him learn bad habits to begin with. Your dog should learn the right ways of doing things instead of developing bad habits that will need to be corrected later on. Don't feed your dog scraps if you don't want want him begging at the table.
In summary, you have to prevent your dog from negative behavior. It ensures he's safe and your home is, too. Use the advice in this piece and you will have what it takes to curtail excessive chewing.
Home and Garden Articles1. Essential To Look At The Following 3 Features To Get Cream Chargers Cheap
Author: Kathy Richy
2. Do's & Don'ts Of Diy Tile Installation
Author: Mike Aurtho
3. The Guide To Hiring Reliable Local Movers In New York
Author: Michael Holden
4. Why Is Corectec Plus Flooring Special?
Author: Kaiser holder
5. How To Find Best Supplier Of Security Screens & Doors In Sunshine Coast
Author: Kerry Reimers
6. Why You Should Consider Quartz Countertops For Your Kitchen Renovation
Author: Mary Morris
7. Hire Vacate Cleaning Perth Services For Full Bond Amount Return
8. Why Glass Balcony Balustrades Are So Adorable These Days
Author: John Carlos
9. Steps To Take Before You Call A Termite Inspection Penrith
Author: Alicia Brett
10. Bringing The Best Out Of Your Employees With Paint Colors
Author: Adam lee
11. Before You Clean Your Home, Think Twice
Author: Ethan Symes
12. Professional, Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Repair And Setup Assistance
Author: Kelly M. Russum
13. Why Choose Aluminium Shutters
Author: Apollo Blinds
14. Tree Cutter Service, Trimming Stump Removal And Landscaping Rocks - Odessa, Tx
Author: Vernell Fobbs We provide the one-stop solution for
15. 4 Most Popular Kids Wall Murals In 2017
Author: Albert Costa