ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Get A Home Design Expert’s Opinion When Re-decorating A Room
Total Articles: 29
The time comes in every family when the children grow up and move away from home. Some people opt to sell the family home and others remain in it, but decide to re-decorate the kids’ rooms. Depending on one’s needs and tastes, these room makeovers can be subtle or quite extensive. There are home design stores in the Utica, MI area for example, that offer one-stop shopping for people who wish to decorate their homes. Whether one lives in Utica or other nearby cities like Troy or Sterling Heights, MI, or elsewhere, it can be a challenge to re-do a room. Hiring an interior design pro might not be in the budget, but a person can get free design advice at some of the home décor stores.
It stands to reason that many of the home décor stores would want to offer interior design advice; it’s in their best interests. Some shops may discuss the matter with customers in the store, but others are willing to come to the customers’ homes to do an in-person evaluation. The stores that provide these services offer a real advantage because not only is it often difficult to decide what furniture or lighting to use, family members may be divided as to how the space should be utilized. For example one person may wish to make the kids’ room into a den; another may wish it to be an exercise room or a hobby room. The interior designer may be able to help family members avoid squabbles by imagining a multi-purpose space that everyone will be happy with.
Once the home décor store designer has made recommendations, the purchase of the materials comes next. Barring the need for heavy construction to revamp the space, the designer can point out furniture, rugs, floral items, clocks, glassware and other decorative pieces to help create the new look. Colors, textures and shapes can build a very different look for a room, without the need for tearing out any walls or floors. Framed art and lighting alone can change a room’s entire atmosphere. The addition of other elements such as custom draperies, room divider screens and mirrors can drastically alter a room for a rather small investment.
Ideally we’d all like to have an eye for design so we could magically transform a room into something more useful and aesthetically pleasing. Fortunately home décor stores employ design specialists who can help people with re-configuring their space. Some subtle changes such as buying new prints to hang on the wall, or the addition of fresh end tables and lamps can add a new flair to a space. Getting home design advice doesn’t have to be expensive; there are some home decorating stores that offer it for free, and the decorating results can turn out to be priceless.
Bio: Tanya Westin offers ideas on room makeovers taken from her years working for a Utica, MI home design store. .
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy