ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Get A Home Design Expert’s Opinion When Re-decorating A Room
Total Articles: 29
The time comes in every family when the children grow up and move away from home. Some people opt to sell the family home and others remain in it, but decide to re-decorate the kids’ rooms. Depending on one’s needs and tastes, these room makeovers can be subtle or quite extensive. There are home design stores in the Utica, MI area for example, that offer one-stop shopping for people who wish to decorate their homes. Whether one lives in Utica or other nearby cities like Troy or Sterling Heights, MI, or elsewhere, it can be a challenge to re-do a room. Hiring an interior design pro might not be in the budget, but a person can get free design advice at some of the home décor stores.
It stands to reason that many of the home décor stores would want to offer interior design advice; it’s in their best interests. Some shops may discuss the matter with customers in the store, but others are willing to come to the customers’ homes to do an in-person evaluation. The stores that provide these services offer a real advantage because not only is it often difficult to decide what furniture or lighting to use, family members may be divided as to how the space should be utilized. For example one person may wish to make the kids’ room into a den; another may wish it to be an exercise room or a hobby room. The interior designer may be able to help family members avoid squabbles by imagining a multi-purpose space that everyone will be happy with.
Once the home décor store designer has made recommendations, the purchase of the materials comes next. Barring the need for heavy construction to revamp the space, the designer can point out furniture, rugs, floral items, clocks, glassware and other decorative pieces to help create the new look. Colors, textures and shapes can build a very different look for a room, without the need for tearing out any walls or floors. Framed art and lighting alone can change a room’s entire atmosphere. The addition of other elements such as custom draperies, room divider screens and mirrors can drastically alter a room for a rather small investment.
Ideally we’d all like to have an eye for design so we could magically transform a room into something more useful and aesthetically pleasing. Fortunately home décor stores employ design specialists who can help people with re-configuring their space. Some subtle changes such as buying new prints to hang on the wall, or the addition of fresh end tables and lamps can add a new flair to a space. Getting home design advice doesn’t have to be expensive; there are some home decorating stores that offer it for free, and the decorating results can turn out to be priceless.
Bio: Tanya Westin offers ideas on room makeovers taken from her years working for a Utica, MI home design store. .
Home and Garden Articles1. Rewiring A Home: A Necessary Electrical Renovation Project For Your Safety
Author: Christine Delongte
2. Reasons For Having Move In & Move Out Cleaning Services In South Yarra
Author: Sumudu Chaminda Udawatta
3. Top Home Renovations Pretoria Service Is Here To Make Your Home Remodeling Project Successful
Author: William Jackson
4. Add A Touch Of Blossom To Your Well-decorated Home
5. 5 Tips On Choosing The Best Outdoor Lighting Products
Author: Lanai Lights
6. Office Interior Designing – The Great Way To Increase Productivity
Author: Santosh Rana
7. Best Architects & Interior Designers In Kerala- Monnaie Architects & Interiors
8. The Beauty Of Polished Concrete
Author: Emma Riley
9. A Brief History Of Concrete Floors
Author: Emma Riley
10. What Is Considered As The Best Heating Equipment To Buy For A Bed Bug Killing Business?
Author: David Alexander
11. These 5 Tips Will Help You In Improving Your Home Value
Author: Angela Joseph
12. Effective Control Of The Bed Bug
Author: David Alexander
13. Glass Repairing - A Quick Overview
Author: Hayden James
14. How To Know About The Benefits Of Using Spray Foam As A Home Insulator?
Author: Aaron Abrams
15. An Overview Of Chimney Sweep
Author: Joseph Mack