ALL >> Travel >> View Article
$50,000 Per Night Hotel Room
Total Articles: 468
If you are like most travelers who highly value cheap travel deals, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages, then you probably would not have been seriously considered the $50,000 per night hotel room offered recently at Denver’s Biennial of the Americas arts festival.
Most of us would not think of spending a single night in such an expensive hotel room. These days $50,000 remains a lot of money: enough to purchase a new Mercedes-Benz, a year of college tuition, or 173 weeks of groceries for an average family.
This inflatable hotel room suspended 20 feet in the air over a parking lot was the creation of performance architect Alex Schweder. Alex views architecture as something that is performed as well as built. He sees a parking lot only as a parking lot until it is used as a hotel.
The 5-7 foot inflatable hotel room is considered an impressive feat of engineering. It required more than two months to build, and came with a full working bathroom, with a shower, electrical outlets, as well as a sofa and bed along with the ability to heat and cool the room.
TV was not included, but this room in the sky comes with a fabulous skylight created by the structure’s clear plastic roof.
The room was powered into the air by a hydraulic forklift which lifted the room in the air, providing guests a sense of being beamed up to space.
Anyone willing to pay the $50,000 nightly rental would have been able to write it off most of the cost as a donation to the charity because the festival is a non-profit. The fee included a pair of Tiffany earrings, a party for up to 100 friends, and several iPods.
During the festival there were a few serious inquires but no purchases of this $50,000 package which was touted as a once in a lifetime opportunity.
People who could have afforded the price tag were reminded that there is no other hotel room in the world like this and that by purchasing a night they could support the arts and enjoy a memorable night in this amazingly cool structure.
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure