ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Mythology Of The Gemstone
Since times immemorial the art and science of astrology was used for rectifying illnesses and bad luck. The scientific study of precious and semi precious gemstones slowly became an integral but critical part of corrective astrology.
There is no specific recorded history of exactly when and how this science evolved and gained importance. However, there are many instances of documentation of how stones were put to use. Some people have even commented that this science is more than 1,000-2,000 old while others suggest that the science and art pertaining to gemstones has its origins since 5,000 years ago.
Interestingly, there has always been a symbiotic and harmonious connection between humans and gems. This is evident because gems, especially blue and yellow sapphire, have been used for healing, curing, protecting, improving luck, fertility and prosperity. Ancient civilizations, namely Chinese, Egyptians, Sumerians, Greeks, Romans and Indians have used these semi precious stones wonders for corrective measures in a many ways. These stones were said to be worn only after offering prayers, conducting elaborate, pious ceremonies, and rituals. This ancient knowledge has been passed on for generations and hence there has been a steep increase in popularity of gemstones leading to lot of luck, increase in materialistic gains, holistic health, spiritual practices and healing. Hence the use of gemstones is again making its way into the schedules of busy, urban people who may or may not be believers of spirituality, alternative healing and religion.
Some myths related to gemstone jewellery
There are quite a few interesting tales and myths surrounding gemstones. We list down a few interesting ones:
It is said that the yellow stone topaz was said to change colour when it came in contact with poisoned food or drink. This made the gemstone the preferred choice for royalty.
An ancient Egyptian legend narrates that the gemstone tourmaline started its long journey from Earth up towards the sun. On its way the stone is said to have collected all the colours of the rainbow, which is why tourmaline comes in every colour of the rainbow.
The stone malachite was once used as a talisman to protect the person wearing the stone from evil spirits, and the attacks of various venomous creatures who mean ill for the person.
Long ago in Romania it was believed that the gem stone chrysoprase helped the wearer understand the language or the dialogue between reptiles!
This article has been written and posted by a astrologer working at Gempundit.com that offer semi precious stones and also provides free of cost consultancy and advise to precious stones and gives the more information how to buy gemstones online.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How To Improve The Loading Speed Of Your Ecommerce Website
2. Getting Creative Gifts For Special People In Life
3. Nikon Launch New Nikon D3300
Author: digital cermera
4. Rekindling Romance? Send A Rose To The Special One!
Author: Mark Wilson
5. Find Versatile Office Décor Items From Online Handicraft Store
6. How To Purchase Fine Art Collections Of Gifts Online Without Worrying About Shipping
Author: Racheal Christion
7. Take Care Of Your Lens With Eyeglass Repair Sugar Land
8. An Introduction To Temperature Controls
Author: Ring Hpt Water
9. The Pros And Cons Of Buying Whole Residence Water Clear Out
Author: Ring Hot Water
10. A Small Step Towards A Healthy Living
Author: Dhruv Singh
11. 6 Tips To Select Ladies Leather Purses
Author: Nick Theodore
12. Why Fitness Enthusiast Must Visit Nordic Wellness I Haninge
13. Purchasing Best Quality Musical Instruments Online
Author: Rayhill Audio
14. Magicfit Makes It Easy To Get Your Pre-pregnancy Shape Back
Author: Waist Trainer
15. Get The Costume You Need For The Adult Costume Party You're Attending
Author: Costume Party