ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Jeep Improves Their Diesel Engine
Total Articles: 499
As Jeep introduces new models for its popular Grand Cherokee, and reintroduces the Cherokee model back into the marketplace, it also introduces a new diesel engine option in these vehicles. The optional diesel engine called EcoDiesel is a 3.0-liter turbo diesel V-6 produced by VM Motori Centro in Italy. And while the price tag on Jeep vehicles with the diesel engine may be heftier than those of their standard V-6 or V-8, the diesel engine is proving to have some real benefits for its drivers. So why choose the diesel engine over the V-6 and V-8? Read on to find out.
Like most engines on the marketplace, the diesel engine is constantly being improved upon. In the past few years, new technologies have increased the power on diesel engines. The Grand Cherokee now has the same towing capabilities as the V-8 Model. Using rear-wheel drive the Grand Cherokee can tow up to 7400 pounds. Also with these technological improvements, comes improved acceleration with 240 of horsepower and torque of 420 lb-ft. Diesel engines have better fuel economy than gasoline engines and even some gasoline-electric hybrid vehicles. The Grand Cherokee comes in at 22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway, decreasing a little when the vehicle is switched to four wheel drive. New engine designs have made the EcoDiesel quieter, matching the noise coming from a V-8 engine. And starting the engine in the winter shouldn’t be a hassle anymore either.
The new technologies have allowed diesel engines to meet the same global emissions standards of gasoline vehicles. Due to technological advances, new diesel fuels are one of the most efficient fuels on the market. They are more energy dense than gasoline and contain usable energy to deliver increased fuel economy as mentioned above. The Ecodiesel does its part in reducing air pollution due to urea, an after-treatment filtering compound.
There are additional benefits to the Ecodiesel and other diesel engines. The engines themselves are low voltage and do not spark so they do not require sparkplugs or distributors. This means that they do not require ignition tune-ups either. The components in a diesel engine are stronger than those in gasoline engines since they are built to endure high compression. Diesel engines will in turn be able to go about twice as longer before repair. Lastly, diesel fuel is safer than gasoline. It won't explode because it is very difficult to burn.
Diesel engines aren't just for hauling trucks anymore. The stylish new Jeep Grand Cherokee has brought diesel engines right into your garage and all their benefits as well. For more information you can visit your local Jeep dealer.
Jack Powell specializes in new and used Jeep, Dodge & Kia cars, trucks and sport-utility vehicles; we want to make sure you get the very best deal. We have a strong and committed sales staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs. If you are searching for auto dealers in San Diego using keywords Dodge dealer Oceanside or Ram dealer Vista, come visit our showroom today!
Automobiles Articles1. Advice For Car Buyers: Choose The Right Lender
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. Buy Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars In Best Quality From Miami Dealers
3. Three Warning Signs Indicating That You Need A Windshield Replacement In Kent, Wa Done
Author: Justin Ward
4. Ourbus Is Your Bus – The 21st-century Way To Work Commute
5. Clifford Beaumont: Japanese Economic Growth Rises For 7th Consecutive Quarter
6. Burton Mills: China Economy Continues To Slow
7. Rockman – The Automotive Component, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
8. Choose Yakima Roof Rack For Your Vehicle For Enjoying Off Road Journey
Author: Tony Bulic
9. How Do You Hire A Reliable Food Truck Builder?
Author: Randy Travis
10. Getting The Best Boat Deals In Florida
Author: Riva Motorsports
11. Vectra - The Leading Earthmovers Equipment & Best Skid Steer Loader Manufacturers In India - Europe
12. Find Best Roof Mounted Bike Carrier For Your Car In Sydney
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. What Is Causing The Problem?
Author: Batteries & More
14. Why A Car Is A Necessity In The City Of Detroit?
Author: jeffery reynold
15. The Windscreens Replacement Process - What You Need To Know
Author: Anna Lampasona