ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Jeep Improves Their Diesel Engine
Total Articles: 499
As Jeep introduces new models for its popular Grand Cherokee, and reintroduces the Cherokee model back into the marketplace, it also introduces a new diesel engine option in these vehicles. The optional diesel engine called EcoDiesel is a 3.0-liter turbo diesel V-6 produced by VM Motori Centro in Italy. And while the price tag on Jeep vehicles with the diesel engine may be heftier than those of their standard V-6 or V-8, the diesel engine is proving to have some real benefits for its drivers. So why choose the diesel engine over the V-6 and V-8? Read on to find out.
Like most engines on the marketplace, the diesel engine is constantly being improved upon. In the past few years, new technologies have increased the power on diesel engines. The Grand Cherokee now has the same towing capabilities as the V-8 Model. Using rear-wheel drive the Grand Cherokee can tow up to 7400 pounds. Also with these technological improvements, comes improved acceleration with 240 of horsepower and torque of 420 lb-ft. Diesel engines have better fuel economy than gasoline engines and even some gasoline-electric hybrid vehicles. The Grand Cherokee comes in at 22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway, decreasing a little when the vehicle is switched to four wheel drive. New engine designs have made the EcoDiesel quieter, matching the noise coming from a V-8 engine. And starting the engine in the winter shouldn’t be a hassle anymore either.
The new technologies have allowed diesel engines to meet the same global emissions standards of gasoline vehicles. Due to technological advances, new diesel fuels are one of the most efficient fuels on the market. They are more energy dense than gasoline and contain usable energy to deliver increased fuel economy as mentioned above. The Ecodiesel does its part in reducing air pollution due to urea, an after-treatment filtering compound.
There are additional benefits to the Ecodiesel and other diesel engines. The engines themselves are low voltage and do not spark so they do not require sparkplugs or distributors. This means that they do not require ignition tune-ups either. The components in a diesel engine are stronger than those in gasoline engines since they are built to endure high compression. Diesel engines will in turn be able to go about twice as longer before repair. Lastly, diesel fuel is safer than gasoline. It won't explode because it is very difficult to burn.
Diesel engines aren't just for hauling trucks anymore. The stylish new Jeep Grand Cherokee has brought diesel engines right into your garage and all their benefits as well. For more information you can visit your local Jeep dealer.
Jack Powell specializes in new and used Jeep, Dodge & Kia cars, trucks and sport-utility vehicles; we want to make sure you get the very best deal. We have a strong and committed sales staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs. If you are searching for auto dealers in San Diego using keywords Dodge dealer Oceanside or Ram dealer Vista, come visit our showroom today!
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe