ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Lexington Group Targets Motorola´s Return To The Smart Phone Market
Total Articles: 20
Aug. 08, 2013 - CHIYODA-KU, Japan -- Later this month Motorola Solutions Inc. will release its first smart phone, the Moto X, in the United States since being acquired for $12.5 billion by Google in 2012. Motorola´s CEO Dennis Woodside and Google Chairman Eric Schmidt are looking to take market share from Apple and Samsung by offering a lower priced smart phone, the handset will retail for $200 in the US with carrier subsidies. Although a price outside the US has not been released; our analysts’ estimate it will retail for $400 as the phone costs $214 to build. Woodside and Schmidt are targeting the one billion mobile phone users who do not have internet on their handsets.
The billion mobile phone users without internet represent huge profit potential for Google. Google already makes billions of dollars from selling mobile ads on devices from all of the major manufacturers, but it must share this revenue with the manufacturers, as much as 80% with Apple. With Motorola phones, there would be no sharing with another phone maker; revenue from ads clicked on the Moto X will go straight to Google.
Motorola would show significant profit with sales of only 5 million to 7 million annually, which is a fraction of the 44 million iPhones and 53 million Samsung Galaxies sold in the United States. If Google is able to sell 6.5 million units which represent 0.5% of global smart phone sales, it would generate $2.3 billion of revenue and boost EPS by $2.05, according to Analysts at The Lexington Group.
Our analysts are recommending clients buy both Motorola and Google with target share prices of $70 and $990 respectively following the release of their new handset. Realistic sales targets for Motorola will boost profits and increased revenues from ad sales all going to Google will boost profits there as well.
Business Articles1. Some Facts About Event Planning
2. Why Should I Hire An Event Planner?
3. Why Should I Hire An Event Planning Agency For Corporate Events?
4. Render A Successful Event With The Right Event Planning Agency
5. Event Management Agency – To Manage Events Successfully
6. Denis Vincent - Le Parcours Extraordinaire D'un Homme Ordinaire
Author: Denis Vincent
7. Rising Damp Treatment For Your House – Who To Choose And How
Author: George Dean
8. Certified Packers And Movers In Gurgaon
Author: gajendra singh
9. Benefits Of Using Pressure Washing Services
Author: Anu Radha
10. Understanding Payroll Fraud And Preventing It
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
11. Glow Art Board Add A Touch Of Glow To Your Art
Author: baby gander
12. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Author: Ross Barkely
13. Importance Of Recycling The Waste Water
Author: Manoj Shukla
14. Mold Removal Toronto With The Best Package Of All Time
Author: jacob fairley
15. Find Property For Rent
Author: Find Property For Rent