123ArticleOnline Logo
Welcome to 123ArticleOnline.com!

ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article

A Chimney Repair Can Save A Life

By Author: Max Schau
Total Articles: 1

Perhaps the most desirable feature in a home is a nice fireplace. The warm feeling it brings in the winter and the comfort of staying in front of it with a cup of tea or a book while it's snowing outside sure sounds more like a dream. A fireplace can sure bring friends and family closer together but it also requires a fair amount of maintenance in order to function properly. It might not sound like much of a big deal but fixing a problem now can prevent serious risks of fire damage and even of your entire roof collapsing.

Many people think this can be just a do-it-yourself challenge, but when you don't have the proper experience or equipment you might get in trouble. This is why it's better to rely on professional help. Companies that specialize in chimney repair services and similar tasks can do the job really quick and efficient.

If you are sure you want to do this by yourself then, there are a couple of basics you should know. First of all - the biggest enemy of the chimney. This is the creosote. This is produced by the burned wood or coal and in time it can build up and be a concern for the Home-owners. The accumulation of creosote itself is not a problem but in time it becomes really solid and can block your chimney, thus causing bad smells, health issues and house fires.

Maybe the most shocking part is that a fire like that can take place without the people living in the house even notice. A person could be in the shower or sleeping and fall victim of a fire.

Unfortunately, a house fire is not the only problem a blocked chimney can cause. If it's not properly cleaned burnout gasses from the coal won't be able to exit the house properly and CO2 and particles will be released around the house. Duct cleaners Melbourne suggest you maintain your air ventilation system cleaned at any time to reduce these levels because they can cause not only lack of oxygen and suffocation, but also serious lung problems that can develop if a person is exposed to these conditions. In the winter many people mistake these symptoms for symptoms for common flues or colds which can be prove fatal.
Another reason why a chimney maintenance should be considered as often as possible is that a professional can detect small holes and tears in the system. These can also lead to fatal outcomes and fires.

This doesn't mean that a fireplace is dangerous and people should be scared of having one at home. A simple professional intervention every now and then will always prevent any tragic events before they even take place.

Total Views: 102Word Count: 454See All articles From Author

Home and Garden Articles

1. When Should You Consider Hiring A Property Management Service?
Author: Simply Property Management

2. 3 Reasons Why A Dishwasher As A Appliance Is Better Than Hand-washing
Author: Jackson Wood

3. Decorative Concrete Is Really Useful In Home Adornment
Author: Anu Walia

4. Minka Aire Fans – An Ideal Solution For Maximizing Comfort
Author: Bryson Kaleb

5. Exceptional Features Of Decorative Concrete Flooring
Author: Anu Walia

6. Something Wicked This Way Comes
Author: Lauren Kyes

7. Can Shower Replacement Improve The Look Of Your Bathroom?
Author: larryeiteljorg

8. Walk In Tubs: Soak In The Feeling Of True Relaxation
Author: larryeiteljorg

9. How To Make Your Move ‘green’ While Saving Money
Author: James Draper

10. How To Plan Your Home Renovation Process
Author: James Kyle

11. Great Tips For Improving The Lawn With Lawn Mowing Services
Author: Phil Maunder

12. Add A Value To Your Property By Installing Louvre Shutter
Author: Joseph Zammit

13. How To Care For Interior And Exterior Concrete Floors
Author: Mark Moore

14. How Much Does Professional Asbestos Popcorn Removal Cost?
Author: Jacob Ethan

15. Transform Your House With Remodeling Services In Denver
Author: John Cooper

Login To Account
Login Email:
Password:
Forgot Password?
New User?
Sign Up Newsletter
Email Address: