ALL >> Entertainment >> View Article
Lovefilm Vs Now Tv - Is Renting By Post Dead And Buried Or Will Streaming Online Eventually Eclipse
Total Articles: 137
Last year was a great year for watching our favourite TV series and films online. In the US alone, the number of DVDs sold was much lower than the number of films watched online via legal streaming - 1 billion less DVDs were sold to be exact. We take a look at whether this trend will catch on around the world with the physical DVD discs becoming a thing of the past in years to come.
In the midst of the Now TV vs Lovefilm debate, Lovefilm made the announcement that its online service had outperformed the traditional rentals leg of the company by around 20% in the last three years as entertainment enthusiasts want their movies and TV shows on demand, instead waiting for their postman to deliver the latest release to their doorstep.
The managing director of Lovefilm, a company that was founded on the ‘renting by post' concept, finished by saying that he expects this trend to continue, but does this mean the end of physical DVD and games disc rentals? In short - no. Whilst there is much technological advancement, there are many more technophobes out there looking to conserve a little piece of traditional entertainment. Whilst streaming online may offer the latest and greatest TV shows and films straight to your computer or another supported device, many people prefer the simplicity that comes with renting by post.
Streaming only services like Netflix and Now TV do not offer the option to rent DVDs, games and Blu-Ray discs by post, however, whilst the closure of many movie rental shops is evident across the nation, the decline of renting by post is a slow one.
Despite the inevitable time spent waiting for your disc to arrive, renting by post does have its benefits. There are online streaming restrictions for the latest titles and whilst streaming services may have to wait a few months to offer the film online, traditional DVD rental allows you to rent and watch the film almost immediately after release.
There is also very few restrictions with the amount of time to are allowed to keep the DVD for, and whilst streaming online permits you to view the movie or TV show once or twice, you and your family can watch a physical DVD time and time again before returning it. In addition, you may not have to wait as long as you think for a DVD or game to arrive if renting by post, discs are sent by first class delivery and in the majority of cases all first class items arrive the very next working day! Sending your discs back couldn't be simpler either, services offering rental provide a freepost envelope, which can be used multiple times to send DVDs and games back once you have finished with them!
Whilst traditional renting may be in slow decline and online streaming appears to be flourishing, each has its own benefits, providing great quality, affordable viewing for all the family.
Entertainment Articles1. What Are The Tips, Tricks, And Resources To Plan Party Event
2. Changing And Recreating The Impossible To Possible With Vfx.
Author: John Watson
3. Video Production Company In Bangalore
4. Video Production Bangalore
5. Instant Success In 400-201 Exam With Valid 400-201 Questions Dumps
Author: William Hicks
6. Musical Education: Why Keeping Music Alive Is Beneficial In Other Ways
Author: Edmund Brunetti
7. The Dallas Party Bands Promises Ultimate Entertainment Within Affordable Price
8. Best Indian Vedic Astrologer In Brooklyn, New York, Usa
Author: Astrologer Vikramji
9. 5 Innovative Event Management Ideas For Event Organizer
10. Swing Patrol Offers You The Best 1920s Entertainment With Their Performances
11. Choose The Best Austin Party Bands To Make Your Occasion A Grand Success
12. Satta Matka Open Close Today For You
Author: Pankaj Kumar
13. Houston Party Bands Can Take Your Celebrations To The Next Level Through Their Live Performances
14. Offer A Fabulous Time To Your Guests With Great Gatsby Party Entertainment
15. Choosing Your Japanese Es.co.rts London
Author: Joker Fontano