ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The New Range Rover Is Less Weight And More Style
Total Articles: 34
Land Rover, part of Jaguar Land Rover, is a large luxury four-wheel drive sports utility vehicle, which is owned by the Indian conglomerate, Tata Group. The model launched in 1970 is now in its fourth generation. The all new Range Rover Land Rover 2013 is the world’s first SUV with an all-aluminum unibody.
The use of this light metal has allowed the company to reduce the weight of its flagship model by as much as 700 pounds. To give you a better idea, the weight that has been knocked off the new model is equal to the total weight of five average size Europeans.
The all new redesigned vehicle, which is much lighter than its predecessor, is all set to bring up a revolution in the way SUVs are perceived. These large vehicles are synonymous with high fuel consumption, large bulk, and higher degree of complexity.
A strong public opinion against the polluting SUVs and heightened environmental concerns has put some SUVs manufacturers on the back foot. The Governments of developed nations have been increasingly bringing in new and stringent rules regarding the fuel-efficiency and emission limit of these large vehicles.
Under such circumstances, it would be naïve to explain the benefits of the lighter and much compact Range Rover. It has won praise from one and all for its light body with many experts describing the experience of driving the new model giving a feeling of being empty from the inside.
Despite all the hullabaloo and pollution concerns, the previous Range Rover was a runaway success with the model defying the downhill going global automobile sales to post an astonishing 21 per cent jump in worldwide sales.
Range Rovers have always been associated with high quality engineering and unique styling, and the new Range Rover, despite some distinct changes in weight and styling, remains the ultimate luxury SUV. It is a softer, more sculpted, and less arrogant version of its previous models.
The same though, cannot be said about its powerful intercooled, 32-valve, 5.0 liter, V-8 engine that generates 375 horsepower @6500 RPM. With a top speed of 130-140 mile per hour, it can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in around 5 seconds. It comes with an 8 speed automatic transmission with manual shifting mode and a fuel economy of 13 mile per gallon under city condition and 20 miles per gallon on highways.
The Range Rover Evoque went into production in July 2011 and is available in three-door or five-door hatchback body. It can be ordered with a choice of three variants—a 2.0 liter petrol engine that can generate 240 BHP, a 2.2 liter Ed4 diesel variant that can produce 150BHP, and a 2.2 liter SD4 diesel capable of generating 190 BHP.
The new Range Rover is a substantial upgrade over its previous version, especially in the weight department. It has a lot of road presence and despite the reduced bulk, it maintains its unique Range Rover identity.
Budds Imported Cars is one agency where you would like to buy your New Range Rover or Range Rover Evoque among other models from the Jaguar stable. This agency believes in building long term relationships with its customers, which is reflected in its excellent before, during, and after sales service.
Automobiles Articles1. The Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Offers A Wonderful Choice To Own Your Dream Car
2. Annual Cost Of Ownership Of Car: The Aspect That Car Buyers Often Overlook
Author: Kaitlin Miller
3. Crucial Things To Know Before You Buy Your First E-bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Why Renting A Luxury Car Is A Good Idea For Your Next Event At Los Angeles?
Author: Eric Burton
5. Your Options In Car Financing
Author: Pushpendra Sing
6. Buy Electric Skateboards: 4 Things You Must Do To Choose An Appropriate Seller
Author: Liva Wong
7. Stop Your Net Surfing For Best Auto Transport Services With Auto Trans Group
Author: Ivan Pavlov
8. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
9. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
10. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
11. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
12. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
13. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
14. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe