ALL >> Health >> View Article
Tmj Treatment- Symptoms And Ways To Alleviate Pain
Total Articles: 7
Have you been experiencing clicking, grating, or popping sounds in your jaw joint, of late? While opening your mouth to talk or eat, you are experiencing pain or other kinds of discomfort. Or, is your jaw locking when trying to open your mouth? If these symptoms are troubling you, you are suffering from Temporomandibular joint and muscle (TMJ) disorder. And, patients plagued with such side-effects should go for TMJ treatment.
This disorder causes discomfort and pain in your jaw joint and also in the associated muscles. Patients suffering from TMJ have difficulty in eating, speaking, chewing food, swallowing, and making facial expressions.
As far as symptoms or side effects are concerned, you will feel excruciating pain in those muscles that control your jaw function. The irritation might not be limited to your jaw or associated muscles but also extend to your shoulders and neck.
Before discussing in detail about more of the side effects, let's understand what causes the disorder. Some of the probable causes include injury or damage in your jaw, hormones, arthritis, infections, and external causes like the alteration of the surface of your teeth due to dental or dentistry procedures. If it has occurred due to dentistry, it's better to contact a professional clinic offering affordable dental bridges procedure. There are several other causes of the ailment like sleeping on your tummy resulting in more strain on your, face, and lower jaw. It might also occur due to chewing of too many bubble gums, or nail biting.
Now, let's discuss about the symptoms in detail.
Ache in Jaw Joints and Face Muscles
The disorder results in pain in your joints and facial muscles that might even extend to your neck and shoulders. Patients experiencing muscle spasms have also been reported. The feeling discomfort is pronounced while talking, eating, chewing, laughing or yawning. The pain might spread in front of your ear and move towards your face or skull. The ear ache might become unbearable and even lead to hearing problems.
Swelling of the Mouth and Face
There are two possibilities; either your jaw getting locked and remaining wide open. Or, it might not completely open at all. When it opens in an awkward manner, you may experience pain in one side of your mouth and face. It might also result in swelling. There are other side effects, as well, like feeling giddy, having a headache or feeling nauseous. In some of the cases, vomiting tendencies have also been reported.
Alleviating the Pain
When it comes to TMJ treatment, there are ways of lessening the pain or discomfort.
1) When troubled with unbearable ache, it's better to avoid extreme movement of your jaw. Avoid chewing of gums, wide yawning, or singing loudly.
2) Eating foods that are soft and doesn't require chewing.
3) Applying moist heat or ice to the affected part of your face.
4) Opting for orthodontics or bride and crown procedure to balance your bite.
What are your views on this topic? Or do you have some questions to ask? Please share your valuable comments.
About The Author:
Jacob Martin, is familiar with TMJ treatment to help you alleviate pain in your jaw joint and associated muscles. He knows a lot about teeth whitening, porcelain crowns, root canal, and how
affordable dental bridges can help you lessen the pain associated with TMJ.
Health Articles1. Natural Breast Enlargement: 6 Tips And Techniques For More Beautiful Breasts | Breast Enlargement T
Author: Dr Hashmi
2. Keeping Manhood Skin Healthy After Tattoos
Author: John Dugan
3. Exercises Can Help You Increase Your Breast Size Naturally | Breast Enlargement Treatment
Author: Dr Hashmi
4. Help Children Grow Happily Under The Guidance Of Preschool Liverpool
Author: Colleen Grenville
5. Safe And Fast Relief Of Menopause
Author: Joseph Mary
6. Feel Young With These 5 Anti-ageing Treatment
Author: Peter Dobie
7. Clear Aligners Are Perfect To Straighten Crooked Teeth
Author: Neil Bullement
8. What Is The Best Martial Art In Kelowna For Kids?
Author: Mark Jamon
9. Why It Is Suggested To Go For Depression Counseling Programs?
Author: Angelika Matthias
10. Top Assisted Living Facilities In Albuquerque
Author: vikram kumar
11. Kidney Diseases
12. What To Look For In Best Bodybuilding Gym In Dallas
13. What To Look For In A Neighborhood Gym
14. Top Quality Service From Neighborhood Gym
15. Important Considerations About Strength Training In Dallas