ALL >> Health >> View Article
Tmj Treatment- Symptoms And Ways To Alleviate Pain
Total Articles: 7
Have you been experiencing clicking, grating, or popping sounds in your jaw joint, of late? While opening your mouth to talk or eat, you are experiencing pain or other kinds of discomfort. Or, is your jaw locking when trying to open your mouth? If these symptoms are troubling you, you are suffering from Temporomandibular joint and muscle (TMJ) disorder. And, patients plagued with such side-effects should go for TMJ treatment.
This disorder causes discomfort and pain in your jaw joint and also in the associated muscles. Patients suffering from TMJ have difficulty in eating, speaking, chewing food, swallowing, and making facial expressions.
As far as symptoms or side effects are concerned, you will feel excruciating pain in those muscles that control your jaw function. The irritation might not be limited to your jaw or associated muscles but also extend to your shoulders and neck.
Before discussing in detail about more of the side effects, let's understand what causes the disorder. Some of the probable causes include injury or damage in your jaw, hormones, arthritis, infections, and external causes like the alteration of the surface of your teeth due to dental or dentistry procedures. If it has occurred due to dentistry, it's better to contact a professional clinic offering affordable dental bridges procedure. There are several other causes of the ailment like sleeping on your tummy resulting in more strain on your, face, and lower jaw. It might also occur due to chewing of too many bubble gums, or nail biting.
Now, let's discuss about the symptoms in detail.
Ache in Jaw Joints and Face Muscles
The disorder results in pain in your joints and facial muscles that might even extend to your neck and shoulders. Patients experiencing muscle spasms have also been reported. The feeling discomfort is pronounced while talking, eating, chewing, laughing or yawning. The pain might spread in front of your ear and move towards your face or skull. The ear ache might become unbearable and even lead to hearing problems.
Swelling of the Mouth and Face
There are two possibilities; either your jaw getting locked and remaining wide open. Or, it might not completely open at all. When it opens in an awkward manner, you may experience pain in one side of your mouth and face. It might also result in swelling. There are other side effects, as well, like feeling giddy, having a headache or feeling nauseous. In some of the cases, vomiting tendencies have also been reported.
Alleviating the Pain
When it comes to TMJ treatment, there are ways of lessening the pain or discomfort.
1) When troubled with unbearable ache, it's better to avoid extreme movement of your jaw. Avoid chewing of gums, wide yawning, or singing loudly.
2) Eating foods that are soft and doesn't require chewing.
3) Applying moist heat or ice to the affected part of your face.
4) Opting for orthodontics or bride and crown procedure to balance your bite.
What are your views on this topic? Or do you have some questions to ask? Please share your valuable comments.
About The Author:
Jacob Martin, is familiar with TMJ treatment to help you alleviate pain in your jaw joint and associated muscles. He knows a lot about teeth whitening, porcelain crowns, root canal, and how
affordable dental bridges can help you lessen the pain associated with TMJ.
Health Articles1. All You Need To Know About Shirodhara
Author: Shriya Ayu Clinic
2. Medicare Reporting Challenges To Affect Independent Practices
3. Male Organ Health And Wellness: When It’s Time To Talk To A Urologist
Author: John Dugan
4. World Best Air Ambulance Service In Bagdogra With Md Doctors
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
5. Global Ventricular Assist Devices Market Trend
6. Key Reasons To See A Reputed Podiatrist To Cure Feet Problems
Author: Marion Yau
7. Be Fit And Healthy Through Regular Consumption Of Noni Products Of Salveo
8. Hacks To Stop Snoring
Author: Alex Bowmann
9. How Dr. Kewal Krishan Saved My Grandfather’s Life
Author: ponting brown
10. The Best Hospital For Cancer Treatment ; Balaji Action Cancer Hospital
Author: ponting brown
11. Turn Towards The Remedial Surgeries To Perk Up Your Beauty
Author: owen Thomson
12. 3 Easy Ways To Brand Your Next Medical Event
13. Why Should We Use Teeth Whitening Kits?
14. Tumescence Problems And The Too-hard Member: Understanding Priapism
Author: John Dugan
15. Things In Mind When Picking The Right Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash