ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Do Disk Self-test And Repair On Mac And Recovery Formatted Data
Total Articles: 15
If you use your Mac for a period of time, or that there have been some exceptions on your Mac, then use the Mac's built-in disk utility to perform self-checking and repair has become very necessary things. Of course, accidently format disk and lost important data is also an ordinary event that often happened in our daily life, so the way to recover formatted data is becoming more and more useful. Follow this article to know how to do self-test and repair disk on Mac. And at last I will also list a way to recover formatted files on Mac with Kvisoft Data Recovery Mac.
How to do Self-test and repair disk on Mac
Open Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility, after open disk utility, you can select your disk (Macintosh HD) from the left side, and then click the Repair option from right side, and then click Verify Disk to do self-test. Then you will be prompted the computer will slow down, at the same time, computer will start verify disk program, the dialog box will prompt a lots of testing messages, reporting disk test results. It will be occurred red tips if your disk have problem, of course, the general user’s disk is ok as usually, you will be prompted everything is OK after testing. If the red tips occurred, you can try to directly select the “Repair Disk” option at the below of interface to do repair for the disk. But if the system prompts you that boot disk “corrupt” and other similar information, you cannot just do a simply disk repair, you need to reboot the system.
The disk of system after 10.7Lion can be repaired through Recovery HD, but it is better to use Time Machine to backup files before do recovery. Enter Recovery HD, go to Utilities of Mac OS X, selecting “Disk Utility”, and then choose the problem disk, and click the “Repair Disk” option. In the normal, the problem will be solved when you restart the system after do Recovery HD. If it is 10.6 and other older system, you can choose to use the CD that come with the computer when you purchased, and the find the Disk Utility from booting the CD, and then do to disk repair.
How to recover formatted data on Mac
Step 1: Download Kvisoft Data Recovery for Mac from this directly link:
Step 2: Then Install and launch the Mac disk recovery software on your Mac computer. From the first interface, the program will remind you to choose media type, just choose hard drive to continue. Then the software will turn you to the windows that you need to select the device where you formatted data, select the device, and then choose a scan mode, here you can choose Deep Scan to go on.
Step 3: After a wait, you can see all the scanned files will be listed on the left side of the interface by different categories and file types, select the files to preview according to your need, and make mark if the file is the one you want to recover, after select all files you need, click the Recovery button to do recovery, don’t forget to choose a new device to save the recovered files. Here is detail tutorial showing how to recover formatted data.
It is best for us to arrange files in our daily life to maintain the disk functionally as usually, it is also a good way to keep our data in security.
Computers Articles1. How To Integrate Sales Form Online With Software For Business Enhancement
2. Stable Online Forms Service – Now At Your Doorsteps
3. Integrate Online Forms With The Help Of Salesforce Form Builder
4. Level Up Customer Interaction With Custom Salesforce Forms
5. Step-by-step Guide To Enter Www Norton Com Setup Product Key For Norton Setup
Author: Landy Corona
6. Resolving Microsoft Edge Browser Issues On Windows 10
Author: Ask Amy
7. The Significance And Assistances Of Computer Recycling
8. Things To Consider While Selecting T-shirt Designing Software For Apparel Business
Author: Pratik Shah
9. Safely Back Up All Your Data With Active@ Disk Image
Author: Ed Robinson
10. How Document Converter Software Helps In Ensuring Authenticity Of Converted Files?
Author: shashikant shukla
11. Best Tech Rental Services
12. Computer Smartphone Investigation Can Smartly Unravel The Truth Behind Your Suspicions
13. Fb Account Contact 1-850-316-4897 Technical Support For Facebook Group
Author: Parker Fourny
14. Get Technical Aid Via Facebook Tech Support Number 1-850-316-4897
Author: natali thomas
15. Learn How To Start Your Own Online Job Portal With Job Classified Script Portal
Author: sawati rawat