ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Need Of More Business-centric Apps Than "off-the-shelf" Apps
Total Articles: 304
After adopting and implementing consumer centric apps, business owners from across the world are now geared-up to embrace business centric apps. By deploying these apps, they will be able to connect to their partners and employees in a better way. This craze of enterprise apps is on for the last couple of years and most business owners are getting the app of their choice either developed by external resources like app development companies or in-house by hiring a full-time app developer. In most cases, they prefer to seek help of mobile app development companies and these app providing companies too, have realized the need of an hour and busy developing "off-the-shelf" enterprise apps and releasing them for download on various app stores. This hastiness shown by app development companies in terms of app development doubled the number of enterprise mobile apps in 2012. However, an independent research conducted by research2guidance says only 14 percent of these enterprise mobile apps are technically fit and robust to meet the core demands of a business.
Senior analyst at research2guidance says that "off-the-shelf" enterprise mobile apps are found in categories like business, communications/social networking, and finance, news and magazine, productivity and tools utilities. However, I have noticed that enterprise apps available in these categories vary a lot in terms of addressing core enterprise needs. Despite the massive availability of enterprise mobile apps, business owners are facing tough time in selecting apps that are capable of meeting their specific requirements. So much that they finally have to look towards app development companies and get apps developed according to their prerequisites and requirements. Upon classifying these "off-the-shelf" mobile enterprise apps according to their value provided, they can be categorized in the following four categories.
1. Core enterprise apps – These apps are generally provided to entrepreneurs as high value apps and can be characterized by a complete lack of functionality for general consumers. Apps in this category are not tied to any specific business or industry and in most cases, they relate to enterprise's core functionality.
2. Business tool apps – The apps in this category are medium value apps and characterized by their productivity enhancing features. A noteworthy point about apps in this category is that they can be used both by a business owners and public users. Examples of apps in this category are Go Premium Office Suite.
3. Business contingent apps - The apps in this category are generally low value apps as far as standards of a business owner is concerned. These apps are not necessarily made for business owners, but somehow or the other they can provide solutions for specific businesses or business segments. Terminology apps and foreign language translation apps are the apps included in this category.
4. Irrelevant/misplaced apps – Apps in this category generally have no value for business owners. Most of them are either not used or very seldom used by the business owners. This category has apps, which are either included in "business" group by mistake or just to get noticed.
Experts say that the current enterprise mobile apps market is just the tip of what actually is a massive iceberg. They predict that there is a lot of scope for enterprise mobile apps but for that, app development companies would have to lead from the front by generating more meaningful and business centric apps. Few app development companies are already aware of this "tip of an iceberg" factor and thus, they have started offering dedicated and customized app development services to the companies. On the other hand, it is very crucial for business owners to contact such companies to get enterprise apps, which could help them achieve the topmost position in their respective niche.
The author is associate with one of the trusted iPad development Dallas company with its mobile application devlopers provides mobility consulting to enterprises. The iPhone developers in Dallas Tx that offers customized application solutions to clients from various industry verticals.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Why Mobile App Development Gets Smarter In 2017?
2. Features Of A Cloud Contract Management Services
Author: James Blake
3. What Are The Benefits Of Flexible & Submersible Cables?
Author: Nancy Pache
4. What Are The Benefits Of Wall Mounting Fans & Exhaust Fans?
Author: Nancy Pache
5. Lidar Market Size To Grow At Cagr Above 12% Till 2024
6. Third Party Logistics (3pl) Market To Grow At Cagr Above 5% Till 2024
7. Exploring Evaporative Cooling
Author: Cruz Lia
9. Integrated Systems Market To Grow At A Lucrative Rate By 2024 | Hexa Research
Author: Robyn G
10. Global Internet Of Things (iot) 2024 Market Outlook 2024
Author: Steve Blade
11. Choose Superior Quality Of Mobile Covers To Encase Your Valuable Asset
Author: Denesh Yadav
12. Automotive Electronics Market To Reach Beyond $290 Billion By 2024
Author: Robyn G
13. 5 Reasons Behind Immense Popularity Of Joomla Development In Industry
Author: Jonathan Paul
14. Automated Test Equipment Market Is Anticipated To Grow Beyond Usd 4.4 Billion By 2024
Author: Robyn G
15. How Electronic Tipping Helps You In Daily Life ??
Author: jasper treloar