ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Need Of More Business-centric Apps Than "off-the-shelf" Apps
Total Articles: 304
After adopting and implementing consumer centric apps, business owners from across the world are now geared-up to embrace business centric apps. By deploying these apps, they will be able to connect to their partners and employees in a better way. This craze of enterprise apps is on for the last couple of years and most business owners are getting the app of their choice either developed by external resources like app development companies or in-house by hiring a full-time app developer. In most cases, they prefer to seek help of mobile app development companies and these app providing companies too, have realized the need of an hour and busy developing "off-the-shelf" enterprise apps and releasing them for download on various app stores. This hastiness shown by app development companies in terms of app development doubled the number of enterprise mobile apps in 2012. However, an independent research conducted by research2guidance says only 14 percent of these enterprise mobile apps are technically fit and robust to meet the core demands of a business.
Senior analyst at research2guidance says that "off-the-shelf" enterprise mobile apps are found in categories like business, communications/social networking, and finance, news and magazine, productivity and tools utilities. However, I have noticed that enterprise apps available in these categories vary a lot in terms of addressing core enterprise needs. Despite the massive availability of enterprise mobile apps, business owners are facing tough time in selecting apps that are capable of meeting their specific requirements. So much that they finally have to look towards app development companies and get apps developed according to their prerequisites and requirements. Upon classifying these "off-the-shelf" mobile enterprise apps according to their value provided, they can be categorized in the following four categories.
1. Core enterprise apps – These apps are generally provided to entrepreneurs as high value apps and can be characterized by a complete lack of functionality for general consumers. Apps in this category are not tied to any specific business or industry and in most cases, they relate to enterprise's core functionality.
2. Business tool apps – The apps in this category are medium value apps and characterized by their productivity enhancing features. A noteworthy point about apps in this category is that they can be used both by a business owners and public users. Examples of apps in this category are Go Premium Office Suite.
3. Business contingent apps - The apps in this category are generally low value apps as far as standards of a business owner is concerned. These apps are not necessarily made for business owners, but somehow or the other they can provide solutions for specific businesses or business segments. Terminology apps and foreign language translation apps are the apps included in this category.
4. Irrelevant/misplaced apps – Apps in this category generally have no value for business owners. Most of them are either not used or very seldom used by the business owners. This category has apps, which are either included in "business" group by mistake or just to get noticed.
Experts say that the current enterprise mobile apps market is just the tip of what actually is a massive iceberg. They predict that there is a lot of scope for enterprise mobile apps but for that, app development companies would have to lead from the front by generating more meaningful and business centric apps. Few app development companies are already aware of this "tip of an iceberg" factor and thus, they have started offering dedicated and customized app development services to the companies. On the other hand, it is very crucial for business owners to contact such companies to get enterprise apps, which could help them achieve the topmost position in their respective niche.
The author is associate with one of the trusted iPad development Dallas company with its mobile application devlopers provides mobility consulting to enterprises. The iPhone developers in Dallas Tx that offers customized application solutions to clients from various industry verticals.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Advantages To Repairing The Iphone Screen Over Buying A New Phone
Author: Zane Shoebridge
2. Web Application Firewall Market
Author: Shivani Singh
3. Searching For The Best Kid Tracker & More
Author: Parveen Kumar
4. Nokia Repair Centre Uk/nokiarepairer.co.uk
Author: Nokia Repair Centre
5. Repair Your Tv Aerial For Having Disruption-free Viewing
Author: Marcus Bush
6. General Iphone Maintenance Issues
Author: iPhone repairs in Manchester
7. What If You Need Samsung Galaxy Repair And What Services Are Provided By The Phone Repair Company?
Author: UK Wide Repair
8. Simple Hacks That Keep You Secure While Working With A Transformer
Author: Trutech Products
9. Active Network Management Market Share
10. Mobile Phone Repair Centre Services
Author: Mobile Phone Repair Centre
11. Samsung Galays S8 Rebounds Nicely
Author: Samsung Mobile Repair
12. Dell Laptop Repairs In Uk Services
Author: Dell Repair Centre
13. Top 5 Smart Phones For Bankers
Author: Fintech Magazine
14. Microsoft Office Real-time Productivity Features Exclusively For Iphone And Ipad
Author: Lena Smith
15. Travel And Expense Management Software Market
Author: Shivani Singh