ALL >> Travel >> View Article
8 Croatian Customs That Would Appeal To You
Total Articles: 9
Every country has their own sets of traditions and customs, and Croatia is not an exception either. While getting affordable accommodations in Zagreb (the city from where you should ideally start your Croatian holiday), non-familiarity with the local customs and lifestyle might inconvenience you somewhat. Let us here take a look at eight charming customs that are prevalent in Croatia:
1. Wedding customs – If you have the chance, do attend a Croatian wedding ceremony. The whole concept of letting a ‘fake bride’ (which might even be a man!) go up to the groom invariably causes a lot of mirth and enjoyment to all onlookers, including the marrying couple too. If you have taken up abode at any of the rental apartments in Zagreb, ask the locals about any marriage ceremony that might be scheduled within the next few days.
2. Greeting customs – Politeness is of the essence, when you are greeting someone in Croatia. Irrespective of whether you are addressing a business partner at Rijeka or an attendant at your daily rent apartment in Zagreb – calling anyone by their first name is not advisable. You will have fun pronouncing ‘Gospodja’ and ‘Gospodin’, which are used to address ladies and gentlemen in the country, respectively. Don’t forget to wish ‘dobro jutro’ to your acquaintances in the morning, while in Croatia!
3. Folk festivals – If you are planning a trip to Croatia during the summer months, you will probably get the chance to witness the famous sword dance over here. In Zagreb, these festivals are held near the city center area, which is in the vicinity of several high-class rental apartments. The sword dance event is made all the more charming by the authentic, rhythmic Croatian music that accompanies it.
4. While having your meals – Croatian delicacies are absolutely lip-smacking – but refrain from gulping down even the last morsel of food from your plate. Intriguingly, you need to leave some food – to indicate that you have had your fill. If you are dining with a relative/acquaintance in the country, start eating only after the other person has done so. The importance that Croatians attach to these little behavioral aspects is indeed sweet!
5. Gifting customs – Wish to gift someone a fresh bouquet of flowers in Croatia? Stay away from chrysanthemums, and make sure that the number of flower stems you choose is not even. The reception staff at the apartments in Zagreb, or any other Croatian city, would be able to help you increase your familiarity with several types of attractive gifting options in the country.
6. The charming music of the Klapa groups – Pamper the music-lover inside you, by attending a couple of the Klapa festivals, which are frequently held all across the country. Both male as well as female Klapa groups perform – much to the delight of all listeners. The soulful tunes of the cappella would leave you craving for more.
7. Christmas customs – If your Christmas vacation destination happens to be Croatia, you will get a unique chance to witness celebrations of the existence of human spirit. Stay at any daily rental apartment in Zagreb, and take permission from any of the locales to visit his/her house – on St. Lucy’s Day. The entire family would get together to plant wheat seeds in a bowl, and the plant would later be decorated with candles and ribbons of many colors. Nothing elaborate – but immensely charming.
8. Rich cultural heritage – Croatia is a land of rich, age-old traditions and customs, and the citizens are, rightfully, proud about the fact. The Croatian national anthem, ‘Lijepa Nasa’, celebrates the beauties and the cultural splendor of the country. Whenever you get a chance, hum along the tunes of this lovely anthem. The recitations and frequent folk music programs also bear testimony to the amazing cultural greatness of Croatia.
There are several gift shops in Zagreb, where you can buy gingerbread hearts – a fine (and yummy!) souvenir item. You can also ask the officials at the Zagreb rental apartments, to get a few of these Licitarsko Srce items for you. Attractive souvenirs are also available in all the other Croatian cities (particularly the port areas). Follow the local customs prevalent in Croatia – you will have fun while doing so!
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe