ALL >> Education >> View Article
Online Education (information Systems Security Certificate Degree)
Total Articles: 215
Focus on building your proficiency in protecting the data systems used in everything from government and corporations to small businesses. The Information Systems Security Certificate helps you explore security principles and theories and apply them to real-world scenarios. Some areas that you'll cover include enterprise security, cryptography, risk management, information processing and network and telecommunications concepts.
The Information Systems Security Certificate is available to undergraduate students not enrolled in the BSIT program who wish to expand their technical knowledge using software tools for Information Systems Security.
To help position you at the forefront of a growing need in the global business community, we offer our Information Security Graduate Certificate. You'll learn information security competencies in basic cryptography, intrusion detection and the legal issues surrounding data protection, designed to be the foundation for a successful career in information security.
By addressing industry standards and the inherent risks of computer networking, our Information Security Graduate Certificate can heighten your ability to preserve and recover diverse business operations.
An information systems security associate degree program provides computer support specialists with expertise in computer security and defense. Students learn how to select and maintain network security hardware and firewalls based on existing threats and vulnerabilities. Associate degree students also become familiar with legal and ethical issues concerning information security. Students need a high school diploma or GED before enrolling in this program.
This associate degree program includes both general education and information security-specific classes. General education requirements include English, math, social sciences, science and humanities. Course topics related to information security include:
• Router technology
• Operating systems
• Secure infrastructure
• Computer security
• Sever administration
• Network defense
Popular Career Options
Graduates of the associate's degree programs may be qualified for entry-level positions such as:
• Computer help-desk technician
• Systems administrators
• Technical support specialists
• Computer security specialist
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Security
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Security programs often emphasize network security. Students learn to design and administrate networks according to policies, standards and laws. This undergraduate program also teaches students to detect and correct security vulnerabilities and evaluate the performance of security systems. As with the associate degree programs, applicants are required to have a high school diploma or GED.
Information systems security majors take general education classes, such as English and math, as well as multiple computer classes, such as computer programming and operating systems. Common course topics specific to information systems security include:
• Firewall testing
• Computer networking
• OSI layers security
• Security continuity for businesses
Popular Career Options
Graduates of the bachelor's program may pursue careers in information systems planning, Web security and data privacy. Potential job titles include:
• Information systems security officer
• Disaster recovery analyst
• Information systems auditor
• Information technology systems planner
Graduate Certificate in Information Security
Graduate-level certificate programs in information systems security address security issues for computer generated data, applications and information systems. Students gain skills in technology and management that prepare them to design security procedures for business and government agencies. Other topics of study include legal and ethical issues, encryption and setting access controls.
Applicants to this graduate certificate program must have a bachelor's degree; some schools prefer applicants with a degree in a related field, such as information systems security or computer science. Previous coursework in networking and programming fundamentals may also be required.
At the graduate-level, courses often focus on business applications of information systems security. Certificate courses may cover:
• Physical and operations security administration
• Systems architecture and applications security
• Recovery and forensics
• IT management
• Web information systems
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program